PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joey Galloway or Greg Lewis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill made the best decision according to his judgement given the information he had at the moment. Life is full of imperfect decision with incomplete information. I understand you are 100% confident that his decision is 100% correct all the time. In your eyes that he does not ever make any errors and will never have any regrets.

Once you put that way, life is easy. Just sit back and Marvel at the master working on his craft. Although Bill, as scientific as he is, may not appreciate this kind of blind faith. Just like many star chasers finally get to meet their hero, and get treated like dirt. You will be dirt to him.

Peace.

Just to make sure you know the meaning of the phrases you are using, "blind faith" is "belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination." If you are claiming to be enlightened and capable of watching one game with Greg Lewis in which he makes one good catch, and three games with Galloway in which both he and Brady are both not at their best, and come to some cosmic revelation, then good for you, Jedi Master. You are at one with the universe. Most would say this offense is still trying to find itself, and it is too early to tell. Better still considering that catch is probably the high point of Lewis' career.

As for hero worship, it sounds like Belichick kicked your puppy. I don't claim to know him personally, worship him, or want to spend alone time with him in a remote cabin so we can compare notes, nor do I claim he is infallible. What I do claim is you have years of performance data from other teams and other systems for both Lewis and Galloway and current performance data on both Lewis and Galloway on the practice field and preseason with the Pats. You also have Belichick's knowledge and ability to interpret that data from over 30 years of coaching and proven results from 5 Super Bowl winning seasons and 7 Super Bowl appearances.

Or you can ignore that data and history, characterize the conclusion as blind faith, and base the conclusion on one catch by an NFL receiver, any one of whom by virtue of making the cut in the NFL could have such a moment. See David Tyree and his 54 receptions over 5 years if you are still boggling over that point. Maybe you can remember that name as a genuine fan. Not the way I would go, and not entirely logical, but feel free to go with your universal wisdom. Hey, I believe Tyree is available. That catch was huge. Let's cut Galloway and sign him to the Pats and he can help this team win the big game.

Peace, I'm out.

Next on your script of things to say as a 'douche bag bandwagon fan' is:

"Why does everyone treat Belichick like he doesn't make mistakes he DOES!!111!!!"

or

"Why are we so bad at drafting?!!???"

or

"I'm just telling it like it is, you guys are just kool-aid drinkers!!!1111!!"

bigfandan said:
Life is full of imperfect decision with incomplete information. I understand you are 100% confident that his decision is 100% correct all the time. In your eyes that he does not ever make any errors and will never have any regrets.

You chose option 1 then?

You sad sacks are so predictable its untrue - broken record.

I'd make some crack about strawmen arguments but I doubt it'd be within your ability to comprehend it.

Or focus on a single catch by a player the Pats cut and characterize that as the true potential of the receiver.

By the way, is Favre a Belichick-type QB (e.g., disciplined, doesn't freelance, doesn't force throws)? Is Lewis a precise route runner capable of running the routes he is required to run and adjust routes intelligently?

Perhaps Belichick just doesn't grasp his offense and is incapable of picking the the best receiver options for his system. Lewis' one catch must prove Belichick completely wrong. He will probably go on to a 100 reception season with the Vikings just to prove your point, ignoring his 21 reception average over the last 6 seasons.

Thank. You. Listen, no one's more disappointed in Galloway than I am, but to think that Greg Lewis would be that much more successful in NE or that a Hail Mary catch (as good as it was) represents grasping the offense is letting frustration get in the way of common sense. Does anyone think that pass play called for Lewis to run down the sideline into the end zone and across the end line as Favre dodged pass rushers, rolled to his right, and hucked the ball? Do you really believe that's how they drew that sucker up?

Brady was off vs. Atlanta but started hitting his receivers as the game progressed. A few of them let him down. Let's get past the one-quarter mark of the season before making any big roster cuts.

Never mind Galloway or Greg Lewis what about David Tyree or Randy Moss. Tyree caught one pass which won a Superbowl. What's that bum Moss ever done. Come on Bill, cut Randy and get Tyree in the rotation. Maybe we could give the Giants next years 1st and 2nd rounders to get David on board. Oh hang on, he's a free agent. Coughlin must have lost his mind :D

Last edited:
You chose option 1 then?

You sad sacks are so predictable its untrue - broken record.

I'd make some crack about strawmen arguments but I doubt it'd be within your ability to comprehend it.

So you want to live in the past? The page has turned in NFL. Every season is new. When was the last time Bill won SB? 5 years ago? So he is beyond reproach and examniation in your book. Never to be questioned. Keep you head in the sand. "so bill is great. he is a genius." That is pathetic.

How about some honest reflection, as this thread is meant to do. It is possible even Bill himself was surprised with Lewis's performance. (some tried to dimish it even though the kid won the game) Maybe he showed something several receivers on the our roster (say aiken, or galloway) have yet to show/may never show.

Like I said, roster cuts are not like science. you make decisions based on limited information. There are roster cuts that go to other teams and become starters. (Look at how well Brandon McGown worked out for us. maybe, just maybe Bears would like him back. Its secondary is not that great). It is possible some decisions are regrettable. Why are you trying to defend everything Bill as 100% correct 100% of time. No future scenario could change it. ever. That is caveman like thinking.

What the f is wrong with you? Why would you want to keep living in the past? You are so dumb ... don't reply and don't waste my time. I don't have time for your *crap. Wake up and face today; you can't because you're an old stale pile of chikensh*t. (You earned last paragraph for your constant name-calling which most people here despise).

Last edited:
Never mind Galloway or Greg Lewis what about David Tyree or Randy Moss. Tyree caught one pass which won a Superbowl. What's that bum Moss ever done. Come on Bill, cut Randy and get Tyree in the rotation. Maybe we could give the Giants next years 1st and 2nd rounders to get David on board. Oh hang on, he's a free agent. Coughlin must have lost his mind :D

Probably had more to do with Rodney being unable to locate and knock down the ball, but thats ancient history.

So you want to live in the past? The page has turned in NFL. Every season is new. When was the last time Bill won SB? 5 years ago? So he is beyond reproach and examniation in your book. Never to be questioned. Keep you head in the sand. "so bill is great. he is a genius." That is pathetic.

How about some honest reflection, as this thread is meant to do. It is possible even Bill himself was surprised with Lewis's performance. (some tried to dimish it even though the kid won the game) Maybe he showed something several receivers on the our roster (say aiken, or galloway) have yet to show/may never show.

Like I said, roster cuts are not like science. you make decisions based on limited information. There are roster cuts that go to other teams and become starters. (Look at how well Brandon McGown worked out for us. maybe, just maybe Bears would like him back. Its secondary is not that great). It is possible some decisions are regrettable. Why are you trying to defend everything Bill as 100% correct 100% of time. No future scenario could change it. ever. That is caveman like thinking.

What the f is wrong with you? Why would you want to keep living in the past? You are so dumb ... don't reply and don't waste my time. I don't have time for your *crap. Wake up and face today; you can't because you're an old stale pile of chikensh*t. (You earned last paragraph for your constant name-calling which most people here despise).

Well said.

I would rather have neither Galloway nor Greg Lewis, for whom I would have never ever traded a 5th-rounder. What a horrible, ******ed trade that was - from the microsecond it was made.

It's time to bring Ron Curry, DJ Hackett & Matt Jones to Foxborough. Let's see what they have to offer, because I now know what Galloway has, and I don't want it.

Greg Lewis looked good at Viking.

I can't believe that we gave Eagles a round pick for him and let him walk away WHEN Galloway is still around and does NOTHING.

Lewis got a winning TD for Viking. What has 'freaky,speedy,experienced, and whatever' Galloway done for us late? NOTHING.

If Lewis continues having sucess in Viking , it's one of the worst decision BB has made.

Bill made the best decision according to his judgement given the information he had at the moment. Life is full of imperfect decision with incomplete information. I understand you are 100% confident that his decision is 100% correct all the time. In your eyes that he does not ever make any errors and will never have any regrets.

I know a lot of you worship BB as God. I want say that BB didn't make the 'best' decision in a lot of situations.

One of these was our 07 'perfect' season. If our 'perfect' 07 season is not the 'best', i don't know what is. Because BB failed to give us the 'perfection', how do you continue saying 'In BB we trust' BS?

What else can you possibly trust him WHEN you couldn't trust him with your perfect season?

The idiocy in the thread is almost record breaking.

Out of alot of tough competition this one probably wins the Darwin award.

What else can you possibly trust him WHEN you couldn't trust him with your perfect season?

The idiocy in the thread is almost record breaking.

Out of alot of tough competition this one probably wins the Darwin award.

Remember what happened when Cassel was our QB last season? How did it work out for you? Do you still believe in "In BB we trust" BS?

:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

Remember what happened when Cassel was our QB last season? How did it work out for you? Do you still believe in "In BB we trust" BS?

:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

Do I remember when we took a 7th round QB and fashioned an 11-5 season?

Do I remember trading him for a 2nd rounder the very next offseason?

Why is trusting the judgement of a HC who has brought the franchise its only 3 SB titles and most successful period ever such a bad idea?

I really can't get a handle on guys like you - you are either dumb beyond words or some type of troll.

I'm banking on the former in this instance.

It's funny your name refers to Mike Cloud, because apparently one good game (or now I guess one good play) makes us idiots for not keeping him and making him a starter.

I was merely throwing out the question for discussion, not giving my opinion one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes