PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Injury News JOEJUAN OUT FOR THE YEAR

Maybe this is what led to the Hafford resigning.

Of course. That doesn’t mean they are playing games, or doing him a favor. Or that he faked an injury so they could pay him instead of cutting him. That’s what the other poster implied, evidently because he thinks severe injuries require build up and advance notice.

I will also note that the report says he will miss the season. It didn’t say out 4-6 weeks or anything other than out for the season.

I will also point out the report didn’t say he was going on IR, it inky says his injury will cause him to miss the season.

Out for the season with the Patriots. Anything else is speculation, but I feel the timing is interesting.

I called it Foxboro flu, but was joking. I wasn't implying he wasn't hurt, just that it seemed like a possible eventual injury settlement.

I meant the team doing him a favor, not because things wouldn't eventually get here, but that now it's completely in the hands of the player, rather than stretching things out.

Out for the season with the Patriots. Anything else is speculation, but I feel the timing is interesting.

I called it Foxboro flu, but was joking. I wasn't implying he wasn't hurt, just that it seemed like a possible eventual injury settlement.

I meant the team doing him a favor, not because things wouldn't eventually get here, but that now it's completely in the hands of the player, rather than stretching things out.
That is wrong. He is reported out for the season, not just for the patriots. I assume he will need surgery.

There is no such thing as the Foxboro Flu.

Your last sentence makes no sense. Being injured doesn’t help a player. The patriots cannot do him a favor, you can’t cut an injured player.

As soon as I saw the byline of this thread, this is the scene that IMMEDIATELY came to mind... Well played.

Jonathan should've told Bill 4 months ago to take Linda & the 8 Rings on a nice Nantucket-MV boat cruise during draft weekend, and for every draft weekend thereafter...
And to think Bill Belichick moved up to get this guy. So it’s salt in the wound.

It really doesn't change, he wasn't making the team anyway. All three Jones passed him up as did Mills, Mitchell, Butler and Wade. I wouldn't be surprised though if this position is the one that we add a player before the regular season.
I think the down marker was higher on the depth chart.

That is wrong. He is reported out for the season, not just for the patriots. I assume he will need surgery.

There is no such thing as the Foxboro Flu.

Your last sentence makes no sense. Being injured doesn’t help a player. The patriots cannot do him a favor, you can’t cut an injured player.
It does if he earns more than if he’s cut and out of the league.

That said, he’s clearly injured and there is no evidence that he isn’t.

Joke-Quan Four pages really?? There is nothing else here to see.:zzz:

It does if he earns more than if he’s cut and out of the league.

That said, he’s clearly injured and there is no evidence that he isn’t.
He can’t be cut if he’s injured.

Assuming you mean the Patriots placed him on IR in the last year of his contract because he wasn’t good enough to make the team but they decided the best thing for the organization was to give him a paycheck any way to sit home and not contribute to the team, and allow that to cut the their cap space, I don’t have words to describe how unrealistic that is.

I want to celebrate, but I'm reminded of my first season posting on Patsfans (2010) when Eric Alexander got cut. I celebrated that and someone here politely reminded me that a guy lost his job. I think that was good for me to hear.

Williams sucks and the team is better off without him. But it's kind of a **** move to get this giddy about someone's injury, especially on your own team.
I mean there's always insurance

Nerds say he's better than Revis. They need to "adjust" these rankings about 15 more times after firing the staff that put this together. Holy smokes
20220817_210805.jpg

Lol. Yeah he quit on them in 2018 when they were making their playoff push, you don’t remember? He walked away from the team for “mental health”, but it turned out he was using again.

For some odd reason, Bill brought him back and wasted a roster spot.
"mental health"? Generally people who have great mental health and have everything worked out don't have drug problems. The two go hand in hand and often poor mental health can lead to drug use which then further compounds their mental health issues. What they don't have is "mental health" just because they use drugs their mental health issues are very real and you might think of people like that as quitters but often the reality is that there lives are a constant struggle where they might be fighting every day just to get up and try to be normal. To label someone with obvious mental health issues as a quitter is pretty crappy tbh.

Nerds say he's better than Revis. They need to "adjust" these rankings about 15 more times after firing the staff that put this together. Holy smokes
View attachment 44609
Shining example why football stats are not baseball stats.
But it also only includes 50 plays for Williams. I would think it’s pretty easy to have better pats defense stats playing the middle of the field in a zone or being the underneath piece of a double team than playing man with the other teams #1.

Shining example why football stats are not baseball stats.
But it also only includes 50 plays for Williams. I would think it’s pretty easy to have better pats defense stats playing the middle of the field in a zone or being the underneath piece of a double team than playing man with the other teams #1.
Just once I'd like to see the people that put this stuff out. Come out and defend it. Like I wish we got a little more specific. Here are his best games, best details to specific coverages. Here's who he faced and what they tried to do. Was he defending a WR1, 2 or 3? Primary read? Missed tackles? Was he covering Deebo or Kobi Meyers? All that matters.

PFF guys are something else though. They really think they sound smart talking like this ...

Just once I'd like to see the people that put this stuff out. Come out and defend it. Like I wish we got a little more specific. Here are his best games, best details to specific coverages. Here's who he faced and what they tried to do. Was he defending a WR1, 2 or 3? Primary read? Missed tackles? Was he covering Deebo or Kobi Meyers? All that matters.

PFF guys are something else though. They really think they sound smart talking like this ...

Agree stats are getting out of hand and have zero context which I’ve been pushing for quite some time.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back