PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Horn goes off on Patriot "Cheaters". [Now, this is good bulliten board material!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Joe Horn goes off on Patriot "Cheaters". [Now, this is good bulliten board materi

Hate on Horn all you want, but you must admit he has a point. A lot of teams in the past could have similarly blown teams out if they had so choosen. Cheatriots are doing it in attempt to "get even" because they were caught red handed. In reality they're just associating this season more with the cheating scandal for all time, which is the exact opposite of what they want to do.

Wrong. Patriots are blowing teams out by HALFTIME. 42-7 at Miami. 35-7 at Buffalo. Sure, lots of teams could have tacked on more points in the 4th. However, how many teams were up by those amounts at HALFTIME? Do some research and get back to me.

Re: Joe Horn goes off on Patriot "Cheaters". [Now, this is good bulliten board materi

Wrong. Patriots are blowing teams out by HALFTIME. 42-7 at Miami. 35-7 at Buffalo. Sure, lots of teams could have tacked on more points in the 4th. However, how many teams were up by those amounts at HALFTIME? Do some research and get back to me.

they don't have a library in buffalo, cant afford it. she cant do research

Last edited:

The more they run up the score in retaliation for being caught cheating, the more the season will be known as "The season the Patriots ran up the score in relatiation for getting caught cheating." Note key word "cheating" in historical references to Pats 07' season.

LOL! Yup. Sure buddy. I'm sure you are 100% right when you talk about Bills fans and fans of other teams. Guess what though? When the Bills trot their sorry arse team into Gillette next year and every year after that, they will get to see what 4 Championship Banners look like when they see them hanging from the rafters. Pretty sad when they have to travel 400 miles to see what one looks like, right? LOL! The Bills. What a laughingstock of a franchise. 56-10. :D

The more they run up the score in retaliation for being caught cheating, the more the season will be known as "The season the Patriots ran up the score in relatiation for getting caught cheating." Note key word "cheating" in historical references to Pats 07' season.

Are you going to change your name to "Toronto Jill" when your sorry ass team moves?

Don't you love it how the media's spin is spoken as fact?
The whole "they're running up the score as retaliation for being caught cheating" is pure media spin and has been from day one.
Spygate will have little historical significance in the legacy of the Patriots or Bill Belichick.
This is merely media masturbatiion.

Okay, Jill what needs to happen to make you happy? Your the commissioner of the NFL. You've fined and taken away a first round draft pick from the Pats. Now, in your eyes, they're running up the score because they are mad they were caught "cheating" (in reality they violated a League rule and did not cheat but for the sake of argument we'll call it cheating).

What would you do to further punish the Patriots? Suspend Tom Brady or Randy Moss? Tell the offense and defense they're only allowed 10 men on the field?

And that excuses Pats cheating in your mind?

Cheating? They got caught. They got penalized and paid the price. Life moves on. Did you listen to Howie Long and Jimmy Johnson? Two guys that have actually WON CHAMPIONSHIPS(something, you know, the Bills and Joe Horn have never done). They both said that the Patriots are NOT the only team that did this and that it's been going on for years. Stop crying. Your team sucks. I know, it's tough. We used to suck too. Now we are the BEST in the business and we beat sorry arse teams like the Bills 56-10. Deal with it. Just WIN Baby.:D

I predict the Bills WILL win their first Super Bowl within the next 10 years........in 2015 as the Los Angeles Bills.

Originally Posted by buffalo_jill

go away jill

Last edited:

Don't you love it how the media's spin is spoken as fact?
The whole "they're running up the score as retaliation for being caught cheating" is pure media spin and has been from day one.
Spygate will have little historical significance in the legacy of the Patriots or Bill Belichick.
This is merely media masturbatiion.

Amen brother. I really believe that had the whole Spygate thing not happened that Belichick's coaching philosophy this year would not have been any different.

Even if he had been motivated to blow teams out by the Spygate thing... How do the media know this? They're saying it only because they think it sounds good, not because they have any credible evidence for it. and sounding good is all that really matters to them.

I'll throw in a little out of town perspective. I work with a lot of Bungals fans, a handful of Brown's fans and a few Steelers fans. My take on how people view the Pats is this: The REAL football fans, folks who know and really appreciate the game for what is is, recognize that the Pats got busted doing something they shouldn't have been doing. To a person, each of them also follows that up with saying that they sure as hell weren't the only ones doing it, just dumb enough to get caught. They're also the same people saying Mangini is a dirtbag for making this an issue, for obvious reasons. It's the arm waving drama queens that claim to be football fans but couldn't name their team's starters if their life depended on it that scream cheaters and pats suck and blah blah blah. Those people are easily ignored IMO.

Regardless of what's said, I'm sure having fun this season :)

Last edited:

Joe Horn is simply saying what a fair amount of people out there feel. Personally, I don't think what the Patriots did was as egregious, or as beneficial as some haters spew. Still though, it was against the rules, and the Pats were caught red handed. I don't blame the Pats for incinerating teams to prove a point. Clearly, this team, should it do what we all hope, would leave absolutely no doubt about it's place atop histroy. It is what it is, is right.

Anyhow, Joe Horn was caught being a ****** a long time ago.

horn.jpg

Joe who ?

Here's how the record books will read:

19* & 0

* The New England Patriots 2007 season was marred by an incident during the opening game against the New York Jets on September 9th. Just before half-time, an assistant coach was caught filming New York's defensive signals. His video recorder was confiscated as he attempted to enter the New England locker room at half time. The League later confirmed that the recordings were of New York's defensive signal calling. As a result, New England Head Coach Bill Bellichek was fined $500,000 and the team's 2008 1st round draft pick was forfeited. The $500,000 fine remains the most ever applied to a Head Coach and New England remains the only team to ever have its 1st round draft pick forfeited. As a result, a majority of NFL fans to this day contend that the only perfect season on record is Miami's 17 & 0 1972 season. Note the lack of an "*" asterisk next to Miami's win total, versus New England's 19* & 0.

I bet you would trade those 4 super bowl losses for a 4-0*. LOL! :D

Jill, what you should really be asking yourself is why your team can't seem to stop us from scoring and, further, why Loserman and the rest of your offense can't score. That is what you should be more concerned about. Where is your future going? Until your team can figure that out, you will be praying for a wild card chance at the playoffs. The cheating has been dealt with .....way back at the beginning of the season. The Bills and everyone else for that matter can't seem to play against the Patriots. Only the Colts have been competitive. Maybe you should be asking your coach what kind of team he is putting together to be competitive.

Ah, excuses from losers are funny.

Some one needs to get on the air and tell everyone that video taping signals *from the sideline* was LEGAL prior to 2006. This is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Some one needs to get on the air and tell everyone that video taping signals was LEGAL prior to 2006. This is getting ridiculous.

It still is it's just that you can't have a camera on the sideline.

I value Joe has-been Horn’s view about as much as I value Merril Hoge’s.

Kind of obvious, isn't it?

His comments about taking it easy on Vick and being humane to someone who made a mistake is in DIRECT contrast to his wild swinging against Belichick.

He's a hypocrit. That was the poster's aim with posting the Horn comments about Vick. I think it clearly illustrates that.

Horn has no right to be making these statements about BB and the Pats after he made different statements about his own QB and team. He has no moral standing to be a morality judge.

Except those comments were clearly made before Vick was convicted, and he's not talking about going easy on him he's talking about not ruining him until he has had his due process. The Pats were caught. Despite the fact that it was blown way out of proportion and Joe Horn doesn't understand anything about the whole "spygate" nonsense, the Pats did break a rule and nothing in his Michael Vick quote was incorrect to say at the time he said it nor does it invalidate his opinion about the Pats. Rather, his stupid comments about the Pats are just are what invalidates his opinion.

Last edited:

buffalo_jill said:

Awww........... sweet pea, does that 56-spot we dropped on you still sting? Bend over and I'll kiss it real nice for you. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back