PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Horn goes off on Patriot "Cheaters". [Now, this is good bulliten board material!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Joe Horn goes off on Patriot Cheaters. Now, this is good bulliten board material

So... who's Joe Horn again? ;)

Re: Joe Horn goes off on Patriot "Cheaters". [Now, this is good bulliten board materi

Big time loser.........

Re: Joe Horn goes off on Patriot "Cheaters". [Now, this is good bulliten board materi

Are you living in the NE region? If so, you need to travel outside to recognize that there are many outside the region who categorize what we did as "cheating" (and that it has been done for quite some time) irrespective of what most of us fans feel. We may think that most of them are stupid just as most of them think that most of us Patsfans are stupid if we can't admit this as cheating. ;)

Why go far? Just a couple of weeks ago on Inside the NFL, Chris Carter casually, and under no context, brought up spygate and talked bad about us. If a former player, now covering the games and on a hugely popular show, has little idea about what this was really about and proceeds to tarnish us in national TV, how do you expect most of the public - stupid or not - to behave?

My job takes me around the country.

My point is that the one incident can't be used to influence anyones view of anything but the Jets game. Any fan who thinks that using the video for one half of the Jets game taints everything that happened prior to that is just plain STUPID...whether it be your mother or your cousin in Atlanta (or even my mother!).

Just to let you know, ESPN had an online poll that asked fans if the videogate incident should tarnish the previous Patriots super bowl victories and 49 out of 50 states said no. The only state in the country that said yes was Indianna.

The Patriots super bowl victories will never be tarnished. You can take that to the bank.

Last edited:

My job takes me around the country.

My point is that the one incident can't be used to influence anyones view of anything but the Jets game. Any fan who thinks that using the video for one half of the Jets game taints everything that happened prior to that is just plain STUPID...whether it be your mother or your cousin in Atlanta (or even my mother!).

Just to let you know, ESPN had an online poll that asked fans if the videogate incident should tarnish the previous Patriots super bowl victories and 49 out of 50 states said no. The only state in the country that said yes was Indianna.

The Patriots super bowl victories will never be tarnished. You can take that to the bank.

Again, bear in mind that many of the fans including me might not be knowledgable or rational like you and so I guess you can call us all stupid. No problem with that because that is your opinion.

Just as many of us, including the rational ones, are quick to raise at least one eyebrow in suspicion when the Colts are accused for tampering with the noise-level/heat at their staidum, similarly have many fans, rational or not, raised both their eyebrows when the spygate first broke out.

Those raised eyebrows soon became a "sure-these-guys-cheated" conclusion due to:

- most of media, former players and 'experts' slamming us and judging us without even bothering to ask the right questions
- our own players (Hobbs) and many current players making statements thinking it was a bad thing to do
- our FO and BB not willing to explain anything (good or bad, I support them BTW),
- the commy coming down heavily on us without explaining that this was NOT cheating

So, if you think that this 'cheating' opinion is not widespread (and yes, I am aware of that poll on ESPN because I was one of the voters :)), that is again your opinion. Since I am living in the enemy land that also has a lot of fans of other teams both at work and other places, I can assure you that the 'cheating' label has been firmly struck. Once caught, whether or not it had zero chance of helping us for that current Jets game, it is understandable that the suspicion will go back to all our achievements. Unless we or the league make a concentrated effort to explain/clarify it properly, we will unfortunately always be stuck with it.

Last edited:

Joe Horn should stick to poorly rehearsed End Zone Cell phone commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes