Welcome to PatsFans.com

joe andruzzi still a patriot

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by captain insano, Jun 16, 2013.

1. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

2. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not sure I could click a Herald link for Andruzzi. Heck probably couldn't even click it for Brady.
  3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Very interesting; I had no idea that Joe Andruzzi was working as a Patriots' coach, even if it is in a part time capacity.
  4. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I read that somewhere else, though I can't recall where.
    About damn time some former players assumed coaching positions on this team, even if just for OTAs (for now).
  5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

Andruzzi is kind of a sad story. He was heartbroken when the Pats let him go, then he fought cancer (and won). I'm glad the team welcomed him back.
  6. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -2

For Andruzzi family, 9/11 memories still raw - ESPN Boston

One of my favorite players from the last decade without a doubt...he made it through hard work, dedication and a nice mean streak. His father and brothers are real American heroes. If Joe can get a tenth of the drive out of his charges that he possesses, we're in pretty good shape going forward.
  7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

As Joker said his brothers were NYFD. They were featured guests at halftime in game 2 of 2001, the Jets game after the hiatus from 9/11, a great moment to be at the game.

For lots of personal reasons that 2001 season remains my favorite Patriots season ever. Daughter got married during ATL game; went home afterwards staying up to watch on TiVo generation 1.0. Many other pleasant incidents & memories.
  8. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

While i was reading that article and Joe's wishes that he could turn the part-time job into full-time with the Pats; I remembered reading the article from 2-weeks ago (?) about the Pats being tied for the SMALLEST COACHING STAFF.

Don't know what strength and conditioning coaches cost; but I would have to believe that they arent that expensive to keep 2 on staff (not just while roster is at 90+).

I was thinking that If Joe has the smarts he could be a good developmental coach-guy to plug under Dante (part-time as well) for the day whenever he wants to walk away.

But, I'm sure BB has his in-box full with guys who would like a job and has considered all the possibilties for Joe.
  9. dales804

dales804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Disable Jersey

He does have the Patriots weight room record for squat so it makes sense he'd be in the strength and conditioning role. I'm glad he's on board the coaching staff. Didn't seem right when he was playing in CLE.