PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JIMMYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a room.:rolleyes:

I don't believe they think he is special.
I think it's reasonable to say they think he's special if they don't trade him.

Where they go from there I don't know.

BTW, that saying is nonsense, too

You mean nonsense like thinking JG deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Tom Brady? That kind of nonsense? I doubt it.

I think it's reasonable to say they think he's special if they don't trade him.

Where they go from there I don't know.

Not necessarily. They're just doing their job trying to fleece another team into taking him for a very high draft pick. If that doesn't happen - might as well keep him and his cheap contract for another year and then let him walk for the comp pick. I'm sure they didn't see Brady being where he's at right now when they drafted him.

I don't believe they think he is special. He will be traded if the Pats can sell high and sucker a team into thinking he's a future star worthy of giving up a first round pick. Otherwise he stays till the end of 2017 and after that the Pats have a comp pick when he signs elsewhere.

You mean nonsense like thinking JG deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Tom Brady? That kind of nonsense? I doubt it.

wrong.......the saying is 100% nonsense

The Nile is a river in Egypt

denial is not

I blame the messenger when he isn't giving the entire message. He has yet to mention how they are planning on working out the logistics of keeping Garoppolo. As far as I can see it, these are the options going forward:

3.) Keeping Garoppolo for 2017, and signing him to an extension. For this to be a possibility, Brady realistically would have to be traded, released or retired 1 year from now. Because of Tom's God-like status, this is unthinkable for some, but given his age it should be a consideration for all of us. For Schefter to be so adamant that Garoppolo will not be traded, he has to believe this is the most likely scenario. My problem with this idea, sentimentality aside, is that it runs counter to everything we have heard from Brady on this.

tl:dr Schefter's story only makes sense if you think Brady is gone after next year, I don't

Jimmy G will take over before Tom is ready to retire. Tom may not want to go to another team. I blame jimmy's parents for not waiting a couple years to bring him into this football world. It would have been nice to draft him this year. I think "It is what it is" never meant more than it does in this situation.

Jimmy G will take over before Tom is ready to retire. Tom may not want to go to another team. I blame jimmy's parents for not waiting a couple years to bring him into this football world. It would have been nice to draft him this year. I think "It is what it is" never meant more than it does in this situation.

I expect the Patriots will have a much better option than JG when that time comes.

Hearing that Hopkins may be on the table. Jimmy G for Hopkins? I would take that deal straight up. Forget all the picks.
How much would we have to pay him, though?

So you think they will trade or release Brady after this season? Fair enough, I don't but reasonable people can reasonably disagree.

An argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

I think he has "nanny nanny boo boo" copyrighted.

So you think they will trade or release Brady after this season? Fair enough, I don't but reasonable people can reasonably disagree.

I think it is this year. I don't know what will do but I don't think they will ever trade or release him unless he wants that..

I think it is this year. I don't know what will do but I don't think they will ever trade or release him unless he wants that..

No chance.

Not necessarily. They're just doing their job trying to fleece another team into taking him for a very high draft pick. If that doesn't happen - might as well keep him and his cheap contract for another year and then let him walk for the comp pick. I'm sure they didn't see Brady being where he's at right now when they drafted him.

I honestly don't think Adam would be so adamant about this if it wasn't true. If the Pats trade JG now.. Adam will have egg all over him. I don't think he would put himself in that position.

I expect the Patriots will have a much better option than JG when that time comes.

You are definitely anti JG, I don't understand your POV. But I doubt your correct.

I honestly don't think Adam would be so adamant about this if it wasn't true. If the Pats trade JG now.. Adam will have egg all over him. I don't think he would put himself in that position.

That is true. But if someone blows them away with an offer who knows...Though I'm sure that would have been put there already if that was happening,

You are definitely anti JG, I don't understand your POV. But I doubt your correct.

I'm not anti JG I'm just trying to be grounded and realistic. I do not see a future superstar here but obviously I could be wrong. Feels like we've gone through this hype before and none of them lived up to it.

I'm not anti JG I'm just trying to be grounded and realistic. Feels like we've gone through this hype before and none of them lived up to it.

Honestly I can't think of going through this before. You have a HOF QB getting towards the end of his career and a young promising possible future franchise QB behind him. And if reports are correct the Patriots are passing up a lot of draft capital to hold on to this young QB.

Not necessarily. They're just doing their job trying to fleece another team into taking him for a very high draft pick.
I said if they don't trade him they think he's special.

If they don't trade him Brady plays 2 more years max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back