PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G trade speculation

I can buy into that scenario.
If we trade for Jimmy G 15 needs to be tight end WR D L or trade down for more picks.
If I can sign up to Jimmy G for that low a investment I’ll go get my Jimmy G Patriots jersey ordered now while
They are still on clearance.
Otherwise It’s Lance with a move up to 10 or so
Free Agent I would be optimistically excited to bring in Marcus Mariota.

Gotcrappolo is yesterday's news....over...he's over...done...gone. I'd rather they acquire "Brayette Farver" or better yet, Chad freakin' Pennington than "Dreamy Jimmy goo goo gaa gaa!".

I'll give Glassoppolo 6 games before he goes down rolling on the turf.
I’ll take those 6 games. I like Jimmy a lot.

There is much to like about Jimmy. Familiarity, confidence, ability... if he wasn’t injury prone, he’d not be available I figure. He still may not.

Trade for jimmy with fitzmagic backing him up, I could live with that plan for the short term if jimmy reworks his deal

I love Jimmy, but I’m not confident enough in his durability to tell @LuRkeR1978 to pound sand. Maybe he is injury prone...that’s a lot of injuries.

Would Nagy be interested in trading for jimmy?

Rodgers is going nowhere because of the cap hit. Also watson. I don’t think Watson will be moved. Stafford and ryan might be a different story.
Players have found the cheat code if they truly want out. If Watson doesn't back down and calls out Ownership publicly, he'll be traded.

I’ll take those 6 games. I like Jimmy a lot.

There is much to like about Jimmy. Familiarity, confidence, ability... if he wasn’t injury prone, he’d not be available I figure. He still may not.
He should sign up with the TB12 program which is proven to work.

Unless SF somehow lands Rodgers (which is pretty much impossible), I can't see them moving on from Jimmy. They have a solid roster and when healthy he takes them to the Super Bowl. Just because his contract is suddenly cut/tradable doesn't mean they should. They have already paid him a $28 million dollar bonus, he is under contract for two more years at a reasonable (for a starting QB) 24 million a year.

Unless SF somehow lands Rodgers (which is pretty much impossible), I can't see them moving on from Jimmy. They have a solid roster and when healthy he takes them to the Super Bowl. Just because his contract is suddenly cut/tradable doesn't mean they should. They have already paid him a $28 million dollar bonus, he is under contract for two more years at a reasonable (for a starting QB) 24 million a year.
They reportedly tried trading him to Indy before Indy signed Rivers.
We obviously didn’t have the cap.
But smart money says Jimmy G, Fitzpatrick or Marcus Mariota is a Patriot this year.

Gimme the Jimmy. I’m all in - injury history and all. In the meantime, NE should continue researching long term solutions at QB.
The injury history and made of glass issues scare me with him. He also has been utilized as a game manager in SF....not sure he is every going to be a dynamic franchise QB and can he lead game winning drive late in game? I think we have better options

The injury history and made of glass issues scare me with him. He also has been utilized as a game manager in SF....not sure he is every going to be a dynamic franchise QB and can he lead game winning drive late in game? I think we have better options
I can get onboard with most of what you say here, but I fail to see obvious « better options » than a QB who’s winning percentage is fantastic, who knows this system better than any but perhaps Hoyer & Brady, who’s under 30 years old, and was possibly touted by this coaching staff as the eventual replacement to #12...

Gimme the Jimmy. I’m all in - injury history and all. In the meantime, NE should continue researching long term solutions at QB.
As a starter...

86 minutes
5 games
3 games
16 games
6 games

If SF does trade Jimmy G to NE, Bill should request that SF include their Jimmy G repair supplies

1611833902340.png

1611833654165.png

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back