PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G trade speculation

Love The Drake

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Apologize in advance Can’t find the link anymore but ESPN proposed a 3 way trade where we get Jimmy G for a 5th round pick.
Due to his no trade clause.
Said he may only be interested in us and Chicago would be tickled pink to get him in New England.

It's the same link from the latest DeShaun Watson thread you started (that is behind a paywall).

Apparently the writer came up with 17 different Watson trade scenarios.

NESN has an article on one of them that the rest of us get to see, separate from the OP's hypothetical Watson trade. Essentially the Pats get Jimmy G in exchange for pick #142 (round 5, pick 14).

Packers send: QB Aaron Rodgers (to 49ers), 30th overall pick in 2021, QB Jordan Love (to Texans)

49ers send: 12th overall pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick (to Texans), 2022 second-round pick (to Packers), QB Jimmy Garoppolo (to Patriots)

Texans send: QB Deshaun Watson (to Packers), 2022 fourth-round pick (to 49ers)

Patriots send: 142nd overall pick (to 49ers)

Here’s the end result, displayed a different way, assuming we’re digesting all of the moving pieces correctly:

Packers acquire: Deshaun Watson, 2022 second-round pick

49ers acquire: Aaron Rodgers, 142nd overall pick in 2021, 2022 fourth-round pick

Texans acquire: Jordan Love, 12th overall pick in 2021, 30th overall pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick

Patriots acquire: Jimmy Garoppolo

Wow, this one is even worse than the other one from today. A three (4?) way trade involving Rodgers and Watson? I will donate $1,000,000 to Patsfans if it happens, and this post is legally binding.

I just came up with a cool trade idea on a napkin. We're getting Justin Herbert, Julio Jones, Aaron Donald, and Bobby Wagner, and we're only giving up a second round pick. Should I make a thread too?

I just came up with a cool trade idea on a napkin. We're getting Justin Herbert, Julio Jones, Aaron Donald, and Bobby Wagner, and we're only giving up a second round pick. Should I make a thread too?
Probably

Chicago would be an awful fit for Jimmy. His arm strength is average and he routinely throws ducks in SF.

I do think Jimmy will be back in NE as Shanahan and Lynch will try to trade for Rodgers, Ryan or Stafford. I'm in the minority that thinks both Shanahan and Lynch are in panic mode/hot seat after passing on both Watson, Mahomes (drafting mega bust Soloman Thomas at #3) and then rejecting Brady this offseason (not many people know about this).

Last edited:
Nobody (me) wants Aladdin.

Jimmy G is going to be cut. No one is going to trade for his contract.

I'd toss the 49ers a 6th round pick if Garoppolo takes a $16.9 million pay cut to end up at $10 million. Otherwise, I'd take my chances and wait for him to be cut.

There's some chatter among the less reliable and more speculative 49ers reporters that they're the favorite for Stafford. The Lions are going to want him off their cap immediately when free agency opens, which means the 49ers would have to get rid of Garoppolo immediately as well to have enough cap room for Stafford.

Jimmy G is going to be cut. No one is going to trade for his contract.
Might have to be like that Brock Osweiler trade from a couple years ago, where Denver added a 2nd round pick in the trade just to get his contract off the books.

Gimme the Jimmy. I’m all in - injury history and all. In the meantime, NE should continue researching long term solutions at QB.

Trade for Jimmy G and draft Mac Jones at #15

Chicago would be an awful fit for Jimmy. His arm strength is average and he routinely throws ducks in SF.

I do think Jimmy will be back in NE as Shanahan and Lynch will try to trade for Rodgers, Ryan or Stafford. I'm in the minority that thinks both Shanahan and Lynch are in panic mode/hot seat after passing on both Watson, Mahomes (drafting mega bust Soloman Thomas at #3) and then rejecting Brady this offseason (not many people know about this).

Rodgers is going nowhere because of the cap hit. Also watson. I don’t think Watson will be moved. Stafford and ryan might be a different story.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back