PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets treating game like the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point? He's done it before and I remember his doing something very similar to Koppen in the Thursday night game last season. He can't be blocked one on one. He just can't.

Which is why he doesn't have enough fingers for all his Super Bowl rings.

Yawn.

We get guys like you here every week. New game, new out of town fans with the singular superstars.

You're a cliche.

What problem? Seeing as you're all knowing you may explain them.

Did you see the play he made on 3rd and 3? The drive after his awful INT? Houston had all the momentum, the crowd was going crazy and under pressure he hit a strike to Keller absolutely on point. The guy played unbelievable well IN HIS FIRST NFL START! He had some issues, but nothing that would concern me, but for a QB playing his first game on the road he was unbelievably good, you can't deny him that.

Our major problems came running the football early on but Sanchez was brilliant. He just was.

For a first game rookie he played well, but he made a lot of big mistakes that luckily for him and the Jets the Texans weren't able to capitalize on. We don't know if he makes those same mistakes again that it doesn't come back and bite him in the arse big time. Especially against a team that has a potent high powered offense.

He was so brilliant that this offensive coordinator had to completely change the types of passes he was calling, and he went from throwing downfield outside the hashmarks and getting lucky that the Texans blew 3 of 4 interception opportunities to throwing screens and inside the hashmarks. I've talked about Sanchez elsewere. He moved very well inside the pocket, and he showed some things that should be encouraging for the Jets coaches, front office and fans. But he played like a first-time QB, and that's all.

But you keep living the fantasy!

You clearly did not watch the game because you're just flat out lying.

One potential INT was dropped by Mario Williams, would have been a great catch had he made it. The only other one was broken up by Leon Washington.

He played nothing like a first time QB. He threw plenty of passes to the sideline, hit Cotch a few times on a comeback route for 1st downs. You're blatantly just making stuff up. Laughable.

That's not a dirty or late hit. Get a clue.

So with him taking a full two steps after Schaub released the ball and still tackled him wasn't a late or dirty play?

I sincerely hope Wilfork has something like that with Sanchez on Sunday in that case, and I'm sure you'll agree :rolleyes:

So with him taking a full two steps after Schaub released the ball and still tackled him wasn't a late or dirty play?

I sincerely hope Wilfork has something like that with Sanchez on Sunday in that case, and I'm sure you'll agree :rolleyes:

Especially if wonder boy gets hurt and goes on the IR.

Which is why he doesn't have enough fingers for all his Super Bowl rings.

Yawn.

We get guys like you here every week. New game, new out of town fans with the singular superstars.

You're a cliche.

Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, **** Butkus - Guess they're not great players by your logic.

Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, **** Butkus - Guess they're not great players by your logic.

Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, **** Butkus, Kris Jenkins.

Spot the odd one out.

I bet you had no problem with Wilforks hit on Edwards.

I saw a very composed rookie QB who dealt with the pressure he felt at times and was able to find open targets to avoid sacks.

wow those are some pretty green-tinted lens you're seeing the world with. Sanchez was pretty inaccurate in the first half.

I bet you had no problem with Wilforks hit on Edwards.

It was a f*cking ridiculous call and nothing like Jenkins' play in that gif you've posted.

If you don't see my point you're ******ed.

You're comparing three of the best players of all time, with Kris Jenkins. Who's the ******ed one here?

You're comparing three of the best players of all time, with Kris Jenkins. Who's the ******ed one here?

Not comparing them at all, pointing out your flawed logic which suggested you need a SB ring to be a great player.

Not comparing them at all, pointing out your flawed logic which suggested you need a SB ring to be a great player.

My flawed logic? I said nothing of the sort.

It's still a ******ed comparison though.

It was a f*cking ridiculous call and nothing like Jenkins' play in that gif you've posted.

It was worse. Because he went low. I still don't think it was a flag though, although I could go into Wilforks history and find a lot worse, but I wont.

Not much difference in time between the two at all actually, That GIF is in slo mo which makes it look later. Not easy to stop dead on the spot when you're running flat out at 350 pounds. Seriously.

I think both calls in the Pats game were bad calls, they weren't late hits. Nor was Jenkins'. The over protection of QB's in this league is ridiculous.

My flawed logic? I said nothing of the sort.

It's still a ******ed comparison though.

Sorry, it wasn't you who originally posted it. I apologize. If you look at the post I was responding to you might see my point. Not comparing them at all as players.

You clearly did not watch the game because you're just flat out lying.

One potential INT was dropped by Mario Williams, would have been a great catch had he made it. The only other one was broken up by Leon Washington.

He played nothing like a first time QB. He threw plenty of passes to the sideline, hit Cotch a few times on a comeback route for 1st downs. You're blatantly just making stuff up. Laughable.

Hmmmm....... Maybe a fellow Jets fans can help here:

I saw a very composed rookie QB who dealt with the pressure he felt at times and was able to find open targets to avoid sacks. He missed some open receivers (didn't even see them) and threw an INT because he didn't put enough on a ball that was thrown to a wide open player who would have turned the play into a huge gain. He also was not afraid to stand in the pocket when he was given time to throw.

On the negative side, he threw too many incomplete passes, and, all told, could have had 3 or 4 INTs.

He isn't a top QB today and he looks like a rookie, but on Sunday he looked like a good rookie. Of course people are going to blind themselves to the realities of both teams' shortcomings. But that's because alot of fans don't understand the game in enough depth to take a realistic approach.

He must be a liar, too. :cool:

Jets treating game like 'Super Bowl'

"Think the Jets, fresh off of their 24-7 rout of the Texans, are amped up about making their next bold statement -- Sunday at 1 p.m. against the Patriots in their home opener at Giants Stadium?

"We're going to be playing this game like it's the Super Bowl," nose tackle Kris Jenkins said yesterday."

Good for them ... who wants to play a team that's lying down for you.

I work in the NYC metro area and I agree that the Jets and their fans are treating Sunday's game like the Super Bowl. It's going to be a tough, physical game for the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back