PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets treating game like the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious....was a flag thrown for a personal foul / late hit on Jenkins there? Because he takes two more steps after the ball was thrown to deliver the hit on Schaub. I'm just wondering b/c the Pats got called for two pretty awful roughing the passer penalties and I'm curious if Jenkins got called for that.

Yeah, late hit. So the Pats have to worry about blocking Jenkins because he's not going to get to Brady until after he throws the Pats. Shouldn't Jets fans show an example of Jenkins actually getting to the QB before he makes the pass?

Yeah, late hit. So the Pats have to worry about blocking Jenkins because he's not going to get to Brady until after he throws the Pats. Shouldn't Jets fans show an example of Jenkins actually getting to the QB before he makes the pass?

I agree. But the way Jenkins threw the OL to the ground like a rag doll was still pretty impressive. How strong do you have to be to toss a 300-lb man like that with one arm? Pretty damn strong.

Still some nice domination by Jenkins there. Great player.

The Jets are going to be really tough if Sanchez keeps improving.

Just curious....was a flag thrown for a personal foul / late hit on Jenkins there? Because he takes two more steps after the ball was thrown to deliver the hit on Schaub. I'm just wondering b/c the Pats got called for two pretty awful roughing the passer penalties and I'm curious if Jenkins got called for that.

The Wilfork flag was an AWFUL call. Thomas was not flagged for hitting a QB after a pass but after the play. He slammed him to the ground after the whistle, I though it was pretty harsh too.

Pats are going to put dirty sanchez on his ass. He's in for a rude awakening

Last edited:
Try and block him one on one. Please.

jetex.gif

Dirty late hit that, hope it was called by the zebras.

Yeah, easy to throw a pass with a 350lb man closing in on you, doesn't hurt your accuracy at all.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, easy to throw a pass with a 35lb man closing in on you, doesn't hurt your accuracy at all.

I don't think I'd have a problem if a 35lb man was coming after me. A 350lb man...well, that's another story.

:p

Wilfork > Jenkins

That's not a dirty or late hit. Get a clue.

After the QB releases the ball, you're not allowed to take 2 steps and then hit him. That's exactly what Jenkins did there. Thank you for providing the video evidence of a clear roughing the passer penalty. I don't know if it was called, but it sounds like it wasn't.

Try and block him one on one. Please.

jetex.gif

Please take another look at the video itself and you'll realize the RB blew his blocking assignment and comes back too late.. the center gets tossed easily because he was expecting the double-team help or chip (check his stance)

Last edited:
Yeah, easy to throw a pass with a 350lb man closing in on you, doesn't hurt your accuracy at all.

Last time I saw Kris Jenkins "Super Bowl", he was in the middle of the "Best 4-Man DL in the NFL" helplessly flailing as Brady won his 2nd Super Bowl 38 points later.

We're all in awe of your guy......seriously......no, we're not giggling......we're serious.......

I don't think any of us Jets fans think this will be an easy game, but you gotta admit, it is a very winable game for the Jets. The [Mod edit: "3 time SB Champion Patriots" inserted as the name] did not look good last night. Mayo is more than likely out for the game. The Jets are a much better team than the deer in headlights Bills you beat last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
look at all the Jets trolls on this board now. Last time the Jets were relevant in the NFL? I don't think I was born.

I don't think I'd have a problem if a 35lb man was coming after me. A 350lb man...well, that's another story.

:p

How the **** did you beat me to that edit? LMAO

I don't think any of us Jets fans think this will be an easy game, but you gotta admit, it is a very winable game for the Jets. The Patsys did not look good last night. Mayo is more than likely out for the game. The Jets are a much better team than the deer in headlights Bills you beat last night.

Huh. That's pretty amazing that you know that.

I don't think any of us Jets fans think this will be an easy game, but you gotta admit, it is a very winable game for the Jets. The Patsys did not look good last night. Mayo is more than likely out for the game. The Jets are a much better team than the deer in headlights Bills you beat last night.

The Patriots are a much better team than the one that beat a "deer in the headlights Bills" squad last night. This was week one. You look at the problems you have, and you fix them. It's how it's done.

New England needs to shore up its defensive line. The Jets need find a way to get the quarterback to the point where he can complete passes outside the hashmarks other than screens behind the line.

After the QB releases the ball, you're not allowed to take 2 steps and then hit him. That's exactly what Jenkins did there. Thank you for providing the video evidence of a clear roughing the passer penalty. I don't know if it was called, but it sounds like it wasn't.

It wasn't called and he didn't hit him illegally. He chest bumped the guy. It's hard to stop 360lbs on a dime. Not a dirty hit. Happens to every QB, every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes