PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets treating game like the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're going to be playing this game like it's the Super Bowl," nose tackle Kris Jenkins said yesterday."

This is exactly why the Jests will lose. When the Pats went to SB XXXVI as huge underdogs I remember BB being asked before the game how he was preparing his team to win the Superbowl.

He said something to the effect that they were not preparing to try to win the superbowl but rather they were preparing to try to win a football game against the St. Louis Rams.

BB knew that in big games it's critical to keep the players from trying to do too much and keep them focused on the fundamentals and situational football.

Jenkins comments tell me the Jets are already putting themselves under tremendous pressure. That prolly means they'll be tight and likely to make more mistakes.

Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, **** Butkus - Guess they're not great players by your logic.

Honestly, are you trapped in a Fantasy Football League???? An individual great player does not mean winning.

You Jets fans have no clue what is important.

We pity you, with your "great players". The marketing of Favre last year was a riot. Meanwhile the Patriots and their high school replacement QB won 2 more games than you.

In the words of your esteemed former coach "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!"

Seriously, go join the Ernie Banks/George Gervin Fan Club. We'll enjoy our Dynasty with our deep draft supply for the next decade.

Last edited:
If your team hadn't played in a SB since January of 1969, you'd be looking for a fix, too...

From Belichick's time on WEEI today.....

On Sanchez:

"Sanchez looks like a guy who wants to make things happen. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't.... He's very aggressive throwing the ball"

"He runs well"

"He'll zing it into some tight spots. Sometimes he gets it in there and sometimes he doesn't."

On Jets offensive line:

"I think that they're a lot better than last year.... they just look like they're playing better... They look pretty solid."

I saw a very composed rookie QB who dealt with the pressure he felt at times and was able to find open targets to avoid sacks. He missed some open receivers (didn't even see them) and threw an INT because he didn't put enough on a ball that was thrown to a wide open player who would have turned the play into a huge gain. He also was not afraid to stand in the pocket when he was given time to throw.

On the negative side, he threw too many incomplete passes, and, all told, could have had 3 or 4 INTs.

He isn't a top QB today and he looks like a rookie, but on Sunday he looked like a good rookie. Of course people are going to blind themselves to the realities of both teams' shortcomings. But that's because alot of fans don't understand the game in enough depth to take a realistic approach.

... well said ... + 1

l_j_r

Ah yes the irrational exuberence of the Jet fan, must be Sept.

The Pats will provide their usual reality check and bring sexy rexy and the boys back to earth, how ugly will thing be in the meadowlands by Q4 next week?

You keep forgetting that start came against a mediocre NFL team.

A mediocre NFL team? The Texans may have the worst defense in the league. Their offense has some talent, but the defense is atrocious.

Honestly, are you trapped in a Fantasy Football League???? An individual great player does not mean winning.

You Jets fans have no clue what is important.

We pity you, with your "great players". The marketing of Favre last year was a riot. Meanwhile the Patriots and their high school replacement QB won 2 more games than you.

In the words of your esteemed former coach "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!"

Seriously, go join the Ernie Banks/George Gervin Fan Club. We'll enjoy our Dynasty with our deep draft supply for the next decade.

WTF are you talking about? Seriously?

My entire point was exactly that - Individual Great players don't win championships, in response to the ridiculous critcism of Jenkins because he doesn't have a ring as if it's somehow all on him.

Don't give me this BS, I know exactly what's important. I never claimed the Jets have it or that they have in the last 40 years yet you seem to be interpreting that I did.

May be the worst post I've ever read.

Let the hype begin! I live in Manhattan and I'm getting ready for a loooooooong week.

I don't blame them for treating it like a super bowl, not sure if they understand how to go about it considering they haven't even sniffed a super bowl in almost half a century... go figure

I don't blame them for treating it like a super bowl, not sure if they understand how to go about it considering they haven't even sniffed a super bowl in almost half a century... go figure

Best they can do, so let them have it.

"We're going to be playing this game like it's the Super Bowl," nose tackle Kris Jenkins said yesterday."

:eek::rocker::rofl::idontgetit::confused2:::rofl:

Those are some of the reactions that I had when I read that quote. It's one thing for a fan to say something like that and a whole different thing when a player says it.

I hope that more Jets players are thinking the same thing. When they they think like that, they can't be focusing on their jobs.

The Patriots were fortunate to win that game last night and they know it. I expect them to be very focused on their jobs this Sunday.

Last edited:
Try and block him one on one. Please.

Don't you (Jets fans) ever get embarrassed predicting your team is heading to the superbowl year in and year out? The Jet’s aren’t even the best team in New Jersey….let alone the AFC.

Win 4 games in December when it counts and then a play-off game (or two) and let that speak for itself. Until that your just.....well the Jets.

Last edited:
Longer than Mayo!

If your organization had ½ a brain it would be irrelevant because they would have drafted Mayo ….instead they picked Gholston and if I remember correctly they moved up to do it! :rofl:

Typical Jets…the LA Clippers of the NFL.

Word is they heard the Patriots were intersted in Vernon the bust!! :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back