PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets treating game like the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at all the Jets trolls on this board now. Last time the Jets were relevant in the NFL? I don't think I was born.

We're playing you this week. Hence the posting, I'm not trying to stir **** up.

We're playing you this week. Hence the posting, I'm not trying to stir **** up.

Hey! The Jets are 1-0!!!!

Call the media!!!!!!
:D :D :D

The Patriots are a much better team than the one that beat a "deer in the headlights Bills" squad last night. This was week one. You look at the problems you have, and you fix them. It's how it's done.

New England needs to shore up its defensive line. The Jets need find a way to get the quarterback to the point where he can complete passes outside the hashmarks other than screens behind the line.

Well someone didn't see the Jets game.

Sanchez made just about every throw you could ask of a QB in that game.

That's because the Jets suck and this is the closest they will ever get to the superbowl!

Last time I saw Kris Jenkins "Super Bowl", he was in the middle of the "Best 4-Man DL in the NFL" helplessly flailing as Brady won his 2nd Super Bowl 38 points later.

We're all in awe of your guy......seriously......no, we're not giggling......we're serious.......

He's one of the most dominant defensive players in the league.

Yeah, easy to throw a pass with a 350lb man closing in on you, doesn't hurt your accuracy at all.

:rolleyes:

Chris Myers is listed at 295lbs. And here is Scout, Inc.'s assessment of the guy:

Myers came to the Texans in a trade with the Denver Broncos after becoming a starter in his third year in Denver. He started all 16 games for Houston in 2008 and gives them a smart center who knows multiple positions and does a good job of making all the in-line calls and adjustments. He understands the blocking schemes head coach Gary Kubiak uses in Houston and knows how to play the angles to get the job done. He is a good athlete with above average quickness, agility and body control but can struggle when matched up with some of the bigger nose tackles. He does not win many strength contests and is more effective when uncovered and helping on angles and at the second level. He is a good technician that knows how to use his hands to get a fit and control opponents.

So he threw a weak center to the ground.

BTW, Scout Inc. gives Myers a 62 grade while they give Koppen a 77 grade. Koppen is a much better center than Meyers. Meyers isn't a good starter.

Last edited:
Well someone didn't see the Jets game.

Sanchez made just about every throw you could ask of a QB in that game.

I watched the game. Other than a bathroom break, I saw every single play. If you want to blind yourself to the problems Sanchez had, you go for it. Frankly, I hope that Ryan was as drunk on the Koolaid as you seem to be, and doesn't work on the problems that were obvious enough for the announcing crew of that game to notice.

Don't worry, you're not alone. Patriots fans here are blinding themselves to the problems New England had last night, too.

How the **** did you beat me to that edit? LMAO

LOL. It would be like mini-me coming on a corner blitz. He could hit you, and then bounce right off.

Chris Meyers is listed at 295lbs. And here is Scout, Inc.'s assessment of the guy:

So he threw a weak and smaller center to the ground.

Your point? He's done it before and I remember his doing something very similar to Koppen in the Thursday night game last season. He can't be blocked one on one. He just can't.

I don't think any of us Jets fans think this will be an easy game, but you gotta admit, it is a very winable game for the Jets. The [Mod edit: "3 time SB Champion Patriots" inserted as the name] did not look good last night. Mayo is more than likely out for the game. The Jets are a much better team than the deer in headlights Bills you beat last night.

I remember last year when Green Beans fans felt they FINALLY had the Patriots by the balls with Favre on board and Brady out. What happened then? I heard that fans were so upset they didn't bother to linger and tailgate afterward, they just jumped in their cars and went straight home. :singing: Yeah, Mayo probably will miss the game, but the Pats knocked off a lot of rust last night and the offense will be ready for Tubby Wrecks' "clever blitzing schemes." All the defense needs to do is hold your rookie qb to 17 points.

I watched the game. Other than a bathroom break, I saw every single play. If you want to blind yourself to the problems Sanchez had, you go for it. Frankly, I hope that Ryan was as drunk on the Koolaid as you seem to be, and doesn't work on the problems that were obvious enough for the announcing crew of that game to notice.

Don't worry, you're not alone. Patriots fans here are blinding themselves to the problems New England had last night, too.

What problem? Seeing as you're all knowing you may explain them.

Did you see the play he made on 3rd and 3? The drive after his awful INT? Houston had all the momentum, the crowd was going crazy and under pressure he hit a strike to Keller absolutely on point. The guy played unbelievable well IN HIS FIRST NFL START! He had some issues, but nothing that would concern me, but for a QB playing his first game on the road he was unbelievably good, you can't deny him that.

Our major problems came running the football early on but Sanchez was brilliant. He just was.

Last edited:
I don't think any of us Jets fans think this will be an easy game, but you gotta admit, it is a very winable game for the Jets. The [Mod edit: "3 time SB Champion Patriots" inserted as the name] did not look good last night. Mayo is more than likely out for the game. The Jets are a much better team than the deer in headlights Bills you beat last night.

What do you mean by very winable game?? Meaning instead of the standard 50/50 chance you normally have you feel like based on last nights game it has increased for the jets? Only in the NFL can you have a team like the Jets where fans basically conceded a 6 win season before the season started and now after WEEK 1 they feel that they are the team to beat. I admit I saw some nice things in the Texans game but relax guys....deep breathe this is week two of a long season. Belichick will preach focusing each week on your job and preparing for that weeks opponent. Cant take any NFL team for granted and we almost found that out last night.

Trust me I have a few concerns after last nights game but let's be honest we EARNED a win on a night when most teams dont have the mental toughness to pull one out

Jets always seem to play their "Superbowls" in September/October but I prefer to see my team play them in Febraury

Did you see the play he made on 3rd and 3? The drive after his awful INT? Houston had all the momentum, the crowd was going crazy and under pressure he hit a strike to Keller absolutely on point. The guy played unbelievable well IN HIS FIRST NFL START! He had some issues, but nothing that would concern me, but for a QB playing his first game on the road he was unbelievably good, you can't deny him that.

Our major problems came running the football early on but Sanchez was brilliant. He just was.

Wow brilliant huh??

Love your quote at the bottom "The Future"

The Wilfork flag was an AWFUL call. Thomas was not flagged for hitting a QB after a pass but after the play. He slammed him to the ground after the whistle, I though it was pretty harsh too.

This is really starting to get pathetic; can't hit the QB below the waist, above the shoulder pads, can't take two steps, can't throw him to the ground; put skirts on all of them and get it over with.

Enough is enough.

And if there was any doubt before last night, it's crystal clear now Vince has a target on his back, he has a rep in the league as a dirty player (justified or not) and the refs are on him like white on rice..............

He was so brilliant that this offensive coordinator had to completely change the types of passes he was calling, and he went from throwing downfield outside the hashmarks and getting lucky that the Texans blew 3 of 4 interception opportunities to throwing screens and inside the hashmarks. I've talked about Sanchez elsewere. He moved very well inside the pocket, and he showed some things that should be encouraging for the Jets coaches, front office and fans. But he played like a first-time QB, and that's all.

But you keep living the fantasy!

Last edited:
The guy played unbelievable well IN HIS FIRST NFL START! He had some issues, but nothing that would concern me, but for a QB playing his first game on the road he was unbelievably good, you can't deny him that.

You keep forgetting that start came against a mediocre NFL team.

He's one of the most dominant defensive players in the league.

Yes.

Warren Sapp said that before SB 38 - - and he was facing the legendary Russ Hochstein.

What's your point?

Your point? He's done it before and I remember his doing something very similar to Koppen in the Thursday night game last season. He can't be blocked one on one. He just can't.

Well, I admit I misread your original post and thought you said Myers was 350lbs. But just because he threw a mediocre weak center down to the ground, doesn't mean he will do it to Koppen.

Also, Brady has thrown plenty of long bomb TD passes with plenty of defenders closing in on him. Hitting him before he throws the ball is one thing. So is getting in his passing lane. But unlike Matt Schaub, Brady isn't afraid to see Kris Jenkins closing in on him to release the pass.

I saw a very composed rookie QB who dealt with the pressure he felt at times and was able to find open targets to avoid sacks. He missed some open receivers (didn't even see them) and threw an INT because he didn't put enough on a ball that was thrown to a wide open player who would have turned the play into a huge gain. He also was not afraid to stand in the pocket when he was given time to throw.

On the negative side, he threw too many incomplete passes, and, all told, could have had 3 or 4 INTs.

He isn't a top QB today and he looks like a rookie, but on Sunday he looked like a good rookie. Of course people are going to blind themselves to the realities of both teams' shortcomings. But that's because alot of fans don't understand the game in enough depth to take a realistic approach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey