PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets should cough up their 1st rdr too

Status
Not open for further replies.
cuz da jets werent filming the pats coaches like a bunch of cheaters they were filmin the game from the end zone wit the nfl and pats permission thats not cheatin.***

That's what they're saying to the press. Don't you think it's strange they're commenting at all, when throughout this business they have never said anything other than "It's a league matter". Suddenly they're full of explanations. This after Tannenbaum lied about the incident earlier in the year. They must be $hi##ing bricks down there.

cuz da jets werent filming the pats coaches like a bunch of cheaters they were filmin the game from the end zone wit the nfl and pats permission thats not cheatin.***

Obviously you haven't read the rule. It doesn't matter what you were filming, just where the camera is located. It also doesn't matter even if the Pats gave them permission. The Patriot's camerman had permission from the jets to be there also since he was media credentialed. The rule is all coaches film has to be made from an enclosed area which the mezzanine is not.

The only thing i really want to say on this is: It doesn't matter one bit. In the end Godell is not going to do a damned thing. The patriots aren't going to make a federal case of it. And whining about it just diminishes us.

Should they lose their picks? of course. Should Godell demand all their tapes? Of course. Will they? No way. It's all irrelevant at this point. Nothing will ever come of it.

NYJ14, you have to be brain dead to come here and try to run that sh!t.

Why is it cheating to film the coaches? They are in plain view of the entire friggin stadium. How can you even make a rule that says it's illegal to view something that is in plain view? You can't. This is why teams disguise their signals with multiple signals, b/c everyone tries to steal signals.

It's a Jets fan you're dealing with. The typical Jets fan is barely intelligent enough to walk and breathe at the same time. It's why I can't hate them. They cheer for the Jets, for crying out loud.

Yeah, kind of like how I got a parking ticket yesterday for being too close to an intersection. Sure, it's technically illegal, but a car is parked in that spot every single day and only I got caught doing it, kind of like BB.

Yeah, a lot attribution error going on here. If the Pats do it, it's the end of the civilized world. If the Jets do it, heyyyy it was okayyyyyy they said we could.

You note that the rule has nothing involving the other team's permission. If you broke the rule, you broke the rule. End of story. You have to film within an enclosed structure with a roof. It doesn't say "Unless you really want another angle."

End of story.

PFnV

Now that Mangini has admitted to illegal videotaping (i.e. taping a game outside of an enclosed area) in order for Goodell to remain credible he must punish the Jets just as he punished the Pats. A 1st rd pick, or 2 1st day picks because the Jets didn't make the playoffs, seems equitable.

When was Goodell ever credible?

Personally, I just hope this story has some legs. The more the general public and media relizes that the Jets have done the same thing the Pats did , the more we can finally put this spygate crap to bed.

Nothing will happen to the Jets because there is no evidence that we know of. Unless someone from the Jets admits it to Goodell, what can he do?

BTW--I have to say that PFT has one of the best comments I've heard in a while:

TANNENBAUM PREVIOUSLY DENIED VIDEOTAPING

So the Jets admit that they were videotaping the Patriots in 2006. But the Jets now claim that the Patriots approved of the activity.

As if the Pats would approve of any proposed act by Jets management and coaches other than mass suicide.

:rofl:

I just noticed that sieglo started a simlar but more thoughtful thread on this same topic. Maybe this should be merged into that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes