PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We all Need to Email the League, Here's a letter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We all Need to Email the League, Here's a letter.....................

2+2.

i was actually banned for derailing threads about the biased officiating in colts games

LMAO!!!!! Classic. I would have figured you defended going all in with deuces with 50X the BB in your stack. :D

yes, doesn't take much stones IMO. PM me I'll do it right now.

You're right.

PMed.

The NFL won't say a word unless this is spun up in the media to no end.

We may need less than that!

Given the big, big stink over the Pats' taping escapade, and the resultant forthright manner in which the Commissioner's office destroyed all evidence that followed, it's probably a safe assumption that the league office does not want even a whiff of further scandal on this subject.

To not address this in a timely and forthright manner will only expose the NFL to Third World-type status, making it appear that their enforcement of the "rules" is at once arbitrary and capricious, and subject them to ridicule while shining light on the darker recesses of the original "Spygate", putting it in more reasoned perspective and showing the Pats in a better light.

That, of course, assumes that the League actually gives a rat's ass (!) about how it's perceived by the paying masses.

And I could be wrong about that!

I have the phone number for his office. I just called to confirm it and his secretary picked up, "Commissioner Goodell's Office". Does anyone have the stones to call?

Send a letter:

National Football League
Attn: Roger Goodell, Commissioner
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
I will be BULLSH%T if they don't punish the Jets. Man-Vangina admitted they used Cameras in Foxboro last year - 06 under the pretense they had permission from the Patriots... REALLY Eric??
Last year BB wouldn't mention Mangini by his name.
If the Goddell calls BB and ask him about this, do you think BB is gonna go like this "Yea, I let him put cameras on the sideline, he is my boy. He can do whatever he wants in our Stadium"

What we have here is a confession that Jets broke the rule.

I cant wait.

The real question is where it took place. If it wasn't approved by the league and they were on the playing field, then yes they should get the same punishment.

The real question is where it took place. If it wasn't approved by the league and they were on the playing field, then yes they should get the same punishment.

WEEI re-aired Mangini's press conference with N.E media.
He stated on the road they always film their team from both End-zones (was not clear as to whether they placed 2 different cameras in each end-zone or they kept moving one cam depending on the situation)
I know i m being biased here because i want the commish to come down on the RATS, but think with me guys:
- Jets confessed to having used Cams.
- Why would the Pats let them have cams on the field?
- How can the NFL just disregard this?

My letter:

Good afternoon, sir. I am just curious if your office has been made aware of the report that Eric Mangini allowed members of his staff to record video from an illegal area during a game in 2006 versus the New England Patriots. I am also wondering if you heard Mr. Mangini admit to doing this during his press conference with the Boston media today?

Besides bringing this to your attention, I am also waiting for the investigation of these charges to be announced to the national sports media (specifically Steve Young, Bob Costas, Marshall Faulk, Tom Jackson, Peter King, Skip Bayless, Merrill Hoge, and the entire New York sports media), which I haven’t heard yet.

Please take action on this, sir. If America’s Game has been so blatantly tampered with by the New York Jets organization as it was by the New England Patriots, the NFL will have a black mark forever by it. Or, maybe you could have a press release or interview explaining for once and for all that the New England Patriots filming of signals was A: Legal until the 2006 season (your office and network always seem to gloss over this part) B: Of no competitive use to the New England Patriots in their multiple Super Bowl seasons.

Thank you very much for your time, sir;

Well first off, he didn't say they were on the field. He said they filmed from the end-zones. According to espn, they were in the stands from an elevated possition, with permission from the league, not just the home team.

Now that could be completely fabricated by journalists, but we don't know right now. Roger Goodell should investigate this, but don't jump overboard here and state speculation as fact. If Goodell investigates and finds that the Jets didn't have league permission and did in fact film from on the field, or anywhere else illegal, then they should be punished.

Now I'm going to be the negative Boston fan that I hate. I can almost guarantee that nothing will come of this. We got all excited with the crowd noise crap in Indy, that got squashed right away. This will too.

Goodell does not want anymore negativity about his league. We are the only ones who will be singled out with all this. He made his point and there is no way in heck he going to swallow his pride and admit he was wrong.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I just don't see how all the letters in the world will help. He has his agenda, and the mediots have theirs. Hate the Pats, nothing else.

I would love to hear how that phone call to his office went though.

I just called and asked Goodell's secretary if he had any statement about the Jets taping signals. She said she could send me to PR and I got Greg Aiello's secretary. I asked if the NFL had any statement in regards to the Jets admitting to cheating last December. She told me 'Greg' had just stepped out of the office and asked what publication I was with and she could take a message. I hung up after that.

Well first off, he didn't say they were on the field. He said they filmed from the end-zones. According to espn, they were in the stands from an elevated possition, with permission from the league, not just the home team.

Tomase's piece said the Jets do film at field level...

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...p/2007/12/12/mangini-on-cameragate-part-deux/

BostonHerald said:
Mangini explained that the Jets on the road shoot a “double end zone,” with one camera at field level and another up above, if the stadium design permits it.

According to the NFL Operations Manual that Mike Reiss just posted in his blog, filming at field level is not allowed.

I just called and asked Goodell's secretary if he had any statement about the Jets taping signals. She said she could send me to PR and I got Greg Aiello's secretary. I asked if the NFL had any statement in regards to the Jets admitting to cheating last December. She told me 'Greg' had just stepped out of the office and asked what publication I was with and she could take a message. I hung up after that.

You shoulda said "I am with the PatsFans Editorial Team" lol

You shoulda said "I am with the PatsFans Editorial Team" lol

Haha. I was having a hard time talking because I didn't really think out what I was going to say, because of this I should have just said I was Emmitt Smith!

I'd capitalize "i" in several places. You start off saying I was "wonder", and that of course should be wondering. Didn't read it too closely after that, but I like your idea.

Anyone else want to take a try at calling? PM me for the info.

It doesn't matter now. You'd need a smoking gun, which is what the Jets had when they busted NE. Now videotaping is dead as disco in the NFL.

This is a moral victory for the Pats and their fans though - basically the whole NFL did the same thing - how can it be considered "cheating" then?

The Pats broke a rule, they aren't angels, but they aren't devils either.

In a funny kind of way, the more I hear examples of how this was common practice, or when there have been former coaches saying so, etc., it almost made it worse. Why? Because my team lost a first round pick and $750,000 over it, and all we'll get with any other is a turn of the cheek.

Here's the problem that the NFL league office is in:

Since the Patriots and Belichick were busted for videotaping which they claim violated the letter of the rule, there was no wiggle room. Even though, by Belichick's interpretation of the SPIRIT of the rule, videotaping was legal for use after the fact so long as it wasn't used for in-game purposes.

Now that the Jets have admitted to videotaping games for future use, what room does Goodell have to claim that NY was obeying the SPIRIT of the rule, even though they broke the letter of the rule?

That's 100% inconsistent and every NFL fan should have a major problem with it, unless they just hate the Patriots and don't care about selective enforcement of rules.

Does anyone have any contact info for the Patriots or Kraft?

I think contacting Kraft is as important as contacting Goodell, if we let Kraft know we are concerned his team is getting screwed he will also put pressure on Goodell.

i would like the phone number...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick