PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets rookie Sheldon Richardson: Brady is the opposite of Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly had no idea who sheldon richardson was before today

I honestly had no idea who sheldon richardson was before today

That's your own fault, he's about the only guy competing with Kiko Alonso for DROY at the moment. He's a beast, unfortunately we have to face him twice a year now.

Remember a Jet QB named Vinny Testaverde? Back in 2001, Vinny T. fumbled the ball, Patriots recovered, ballgame over. But wait. They called a tuck rule. Jets got the ball back and won the game. Without the tuck rule, the Patriots have an extra win and home field throughout the playoffs, they don't even play the Raiders in the postseason. The tuck rule was called multiple times each and every year. A bad rule? Yes. There are several. Pass interference is bad too.

As for the Brady rule and protecting knees, NO. That rule was instituted after Carson Palmer was chopped down early in the playoffs in 2006. It was not instituted after Brady, but 2 years before. And, aren't DL protected against chop blocks? Against crackbacks? Leg whips? Yes. So stop whining. Kid hasn't even played in the NFL for half a year and he is whining like a ... well, a Jet.

Finally, read this by Ex-Ref Mike Pereira and you'll see that Brady draws fewer personal fouls than most: Refs playing favorites? C'mon, Vick - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

From the quote in the article, I don't really see it as Richardson running his mouth. I wouldn't call any part of his quote offensive, anyway.

Brady and other top echelon players have an aura of intimidation, and certainly Brady's recent epic game-winning drive against the undefeated Saints did nothing to diminish this perception of near invincibility.

From a psychological perspective, he seems to be employing an oversimplification of his job role and attempts to ignore Brady's patterned history of success to improve his own focus and possibly to avoid future demoralization (see Muhammed Wilkerson: "Tom Brady keeps making [my birthday] bad for me" lulz - Brady got to him).

From the quote in the article, I don't really see it as Richardson running his mouth. I wouldn't call any part of his quote offensive, anyway.

Brady and other top echelon players have an aura of intimidation, and certainly Brady's recent epic game-winning drive against the undefeated Saints did nothing to diminish this perception of near invincibility.

From a psychological perspective, he seems to be employing an oversimplification of his job role and attempts to ignore Brady's patterned history of success to improve his own focus and possibly to avoid future demoralization (see Muhammed Wilkerson: "Tom Brady keeps making [my birthday] bad for me" lulz - Brady got to him).

Huh? All his claims were wrong. He claimed Brady got special treatment. He's wrong.

Huh? All his claims were wrong. He claimed Brady got special treatment. He's wrong.

Sorry, I was referring the OP's article, not the one stating the NFL is pandering to Brady (which I agree is ridiculous).

Sheldon Richardson of New York Jets says Tom Brady of New England Patriots isn't Superman - ESPN New York

...... No one really treats him like [Superman] around here. I think he's the complete opposite of that."

Asked to name the opposite of Superman, the confident Jets rookie smiled and said, "I'd rather not say it."

So... he thinks Brady=Lex Luthor?

LOL. That team isn't running their mouths as much as in the past but they just can't help themselves...

THE Opposite is oh so obviously .............. CLARK KENT.

Jets rookie: NFL panders to Tom Brady | New York Post

This just in! Sheldon Richardson does not understand how the Tuck Rule or the rules against hitting a QB's knees started.

What's just as pathetic is the columnist's words in that NY Post piece. He makes Thomase look like Edward R. Murrow.

Is the Post still maintaining that 12 people were killed in the Boston Marathon bombing?

Last edited:
Remember a Jet QB named Vinny Testaverde? Back in 2001, Vinny T. fumbled the ball, Patriots recovered, ballgame over. But wait. They called a tuck rule. Jets got the ball back and won the game. Without the tuck rule, the Patriots have an extra win and home field throughout the playoffs, they don't even play the Raiders in the postseason. The tuck rule was called multiple times each and every year. A bad rule? Yes. There are several. Pass interference is bad too.

As for the Brady rule and protecting knees, NO. That rule was instituted after Carson Palmer was chopped down early in the playoffs in 2006. It was not instituted after Brady, but 2 years before. And, aren't DL protected against chop blocks? Against crackbacks? Leg whips? Yes. So stop whining. Kid hasn't even played in the NFL for half a year and he is whining like a ... well, a Jet.

Finally, read this by Ex-Ref Mike Pereira and you'll see that Brady draws fewer personal fouls than most: Refs playing favorites? C'mon, Vick - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Well said. And if there was one redeeming quality from that garbage article it was the Comments section, which at this writing consists of exactly two responses: one from a guy calling the Jets and their fans whiny cry babies...and yours from above :cool: (I'm sure Steve Serby will be waiting a long time before anyone comments on his writing prowess, with classic lines like "Richardson is a fearless, new-age Jet who speaks his mind." My Gawd.)

..Faster than a bleeding Jest...

What's just as pathetic is the columnist's words in that NY Post piece. He makes Thomase look like Edward R. Murrow.

Is the Post still maintaining that 12 people were killed in the Boston Marathon bombing?
Yeah, remember that one? Also, I believed they published on their website that the cops had their man, a Saudi national, in custody in the hospital hours after the bombing.

Jets being classless morons again.

At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter. They talked tons of **** in 2010 then knocked us out of the playoffs.

:confused:

Tom Brady is really Bizarro?

To them - of course! Of course the rookie actually has it right... he's focused on his role and get to the QB regardless of the name - his fight's essentially with the linemen anyway

I don't really fault the kid's attitude as a competitor

Sheldon Richardson: Just another jets complainer

“You’re going to see a lot of stuff, man, that the Patriots can do to you, that they get away with, that we can’t do to the Patriots. It’s just the way it is,” he told the New York Post. “It’s just the way the world works.” Richardson’s beef starts with Brady. “Why do we make rules after he gets hurt?” Richardson asked, presumably of the rule protecting quarterbacks from players already on the ground, which was made after Brady’s 2008 injury. “I don’t know why a bunch of stuff. They made the tuck rule back when? 2000 when? Tom Brady rule, right? OK, a lot of great quarterbacks have hurt a knee before, but now we can’t hit quarterbacks in the knees now ’cause Tom Brady gets hurt. Doesn’t it seem that way? Right or wrong?”

Read more at: Jets Rookie Says Tom Brady Gets Special Treatment From NFL, Patriots ?Get Away With? Stuff | New England Patriots | NESN.com

uh that knee rule is known as the Carson Palmer rule and ya the NFL implemented the tuck rule in 1999 because Tom Brady. Brady was still in college and the rule didn't come into play until 2 seasons later. But yep NFL put the rule because they knew that play was gonna happen.

Richardson said he’s been told by referees on the field not to get too close to Brady or he’ll get a flag. “Can’t touch Tom Brady unless he’s got the ball in his hand,” Richardson said, accurately summing up the NFL guidelines for all defensive players against all quarterbacks.

Such b.s. How many times do we see Brady take a hit after he gets rid of the ball and no penalty is called? I'm not saying a flag for those hits is warranted but Brady is at the bottom of the list of QBs that receiver flags for late hits.
-
Also this Jen Slothower seems like a complete hack. No wonder why she writes for NESN.

Re: Sheldon Richardson: Just another jets complainer

uh that knee rule is known as the Carson Palmer rule and ya the NFL implemented the tuck rule in 1999 because Tom Brady. Brady was still in college and the rule didn't come into play until 2 seasons later. But yep NFL put the rule because they knew that play was gonna happen.

Such b.s. How many times do we see Brady take a hit after he gets rid of the ball and no penalty is called? I'm not saying a flag for those hits is warranted but Brady is at the bottom of the list of QBs that receiver flags for late hits.
-
Also this Jen Slothower seems like a complete hack. No wonder why she writes for NESN.

The journalist trade is forever broken by the internet. Not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing, because employment does not make for expertise. Journalism used to be about amateurs wading into areas they knew very litle about.

As long as you can source good information now, you can find expert analysis on the internet, precisely because the person isn't paid to be a generalist (i.e. journalist).

Re: Sheldon Richardson: Just another jets complainer

If I remember correctly the tuck rule was originally called the Dan Marino rule because of his quick release and double pumps. He often tucked the ball back when under pressure, and complained mightily if it squirted out during the play and it was called a fumble.

Brady: Jets rookie is the opposite of bright. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore