PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets re-sign David Harris for 3 years, $21.5M

BradyFTW!

Goodell sucks
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/573911554464350208

So I just spent the past hour or so defending the Marshall trade as a low-risk, generally prudent way to spend when you have a ton of cap space to throw around. This, IMO, is pretty much the opposite of that. This is what it looks like when you make a bad deal because you have too much cap space.

Last edited:
Mayo is worth 15 M if Harris is worth 7.5.

Fail move by the JEST.

With the Marshall and Harris moves, wonder if they received word through back- channel that Revis is staying...wishful thinking :D

Or he told them that their team stinks and need to improve.:eek:

With the Marshall and Harris moves, wonder if they received word through back- channel that Revis is staying...wishful thinking :D

Or he told them that their team stinks and need to improve.:eek:

Hey, I've heard crazier rumors. Realistically, they have enough cap space that neither of these moves significantly reduces their ability to outbid us for Revis. They still have a crazy amount of cap space, but every little bit does help.

I still don't get what the Jets are doing. They look to be adding and retaining players 30 or older. I know that worked for the Pats to turn it around in 2001, but they added older players believed to be washed up and came at a cheap cost. The Jets seem to want to pay top dollar for players 30 and over.

Hey, I've heard crazier rumors. Realistically, they have enough cap space that neither of these moves significantly reduces their ability to outbid us for Revis. They still have a crazy amount of cap space, but every little bit does help.

They still have a ton of roster spots to fill. They may have a ton of money, but the money has to spread out a long way.

I wonder if the Jets are making moves to get and keep older players to attract Revis who obviously isn't looking to go through a several year rebuilding process. But then again, it is a huge risk to build a roster to attract Revis and then not get him.

Yea who knows what the heck is going on..

Just read an article that quoted Harris is not exactly fond of Revis.

They have to be making a play for a veteran QB very soon, I think.

3/21? Lot of $$$$ for David Harris. And right now, what's their receiving trio at? 10/Harvin, 8/Marshall, 7 Decker...25 million for those three?

Don't they have both Richardson and Wilkerson coming up? They're in talks with Wilkerson now, right? Those two are going to command top $$$.

I liked both actions of the Jets . Continue without QB to throw to Brandon Marshall , signed two players and overpaid for both and lost around 17m in cap space + draft capital . If Pagano pay more than 20m for Luck this preseason is almost a success.

3/21? Lot of $$$$ for David Harris. And right now, what's their receiving trio at? 10/Harvin, 8/Marshall, 7 Decker...25 million for those three?

Don't they have both Richardson and Wilkerson coming up? They're in talks with Wilkerson now, right? Those two are going to command top $$$.

Cap Number:
$9,575,000 - Brandon Marshall
$10,500,000 - Percy Havin
$6,500,000 - Erick Decker

Do they sign a decent QB or Geno is still there?

I think Rex expected a shot at Harris.

Cap Number:
$9,575,000 - Brandon Marshall
$10,500,000 - Percy Havin
$6,500,000 - Erick Decker

Do they sign a decent QB or Geno is still there?

They will,offset Marshall by getting rid of Harvin.

I'm going to wait for the details before scoffing -- initial reports on total $$ tend to be inflated. (But if the money is for real, then yeah, scoff away!)

They still have a ton of roster spots to fill. They may have a ton of money, but the money has to spread out a long way.

I wonder if the Jets are making moves to get and keep older players to attract Revis who obviously isn't looking to go through a several year rebuilding process. But then again, it is a huge risk to build a roster to attract Revis and then not get him.

I don't think they have a ton of holes to fill, at least relative to other teams with similar cap space. A lot, sure, but they're not in Jaguars/Raiders/Titans territory. If they're betting on Milliner getting healthy and Pryor improving a bit, then they probably need a FS, a LB, and another CB, plus some depth. On offense, they should be looking to pick up a RB in the draft, and also should be drafting some OL talent. They're set at WR and TE, and QB isn't going to get solved this year.

I don't like this Harris signing, though, for all of the reasons that you mentioned. It's not that hard to find a veteran LB who's strong against the run. They could've gone and signed Spikes for way less than Harris is getting. I dislike this deal more because its a huge overpay for what Harris actually does than anything.

I'm operating on the assumption that Harvin's gone, in which case they'll have about $16-17M in cap hits from Marshall, Decker and Kerley. That's not an extreme amount for your top 3 WRs.

Wilkerson is an UFA after this season if the Jets don't franchise him, and gotta assume he's going to get paid. Richardson is still a ways out; only entering his third year, and as a first rounder he'll be under team control for 2 more years after this one.

I don't think they have a ton of holes to fill. A lot, sure, but they're not in Jaguars territory. If they're betting on Milliner getting healthy and Pryor improving a bit, then they probably need a FS, a LB, and another CB, plus some depth. On offense, they should be looking to pick up a RB in the draft, and also should be drafting some OL talent. They're set at WR and TE, and QB isn't going to get solved this year.

I don't like this Harris signing, though, for all of the reasons that you mentioned. It's not that hard to find a veteran LB who's strong against the run. They could've gone and signed Spikes for way less than Harris is getting. I dislike this deal more because its a huge overpay for what Harris actually does than anything.

I would rather bet on a three legged horse to win the Kentucky Derby over Milliner to be healthy. I might even take the horse even if you shoot it in one of his good legs.

I think they have to replace most of the secondary, most of the LB corp, and most of the o-line. To say they don't have a lot of holes to fill, it is crazy. I don't even know if they have a consistent starting TE. And of course they need a starting QB.

I still don't get what the Jets are doing. They look to be adding and retaining players 30 or older. I know that worked for the Pats to turn it around in 2001, but they added older players believed to be washed up and came at a cheap cost. The Jets seem to want to pay top dollar for players 30 and over.

Anything to keep them in the 8-8 range and mired in perpetual mediocrity, I'm all for.

I'm operating on the assumption that Harvin's gone, in which case they'll have about $16-17M in cap hits from Marshall, Decker and Kerley. That's not an extreme amount for your top 3 WRs.

Wilkerson is an UFA after this season if the Jets don't franchise him, and gotta assume he's going to get paid. Richardson is still a ways out; only entering his third year, and as a first rounder he'll be under team control for 2 more years after this one.

I looked up Richardson's contract - he's under contract this year and next. UFA in 2017.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back