Asking for your support

Who are you rooting for. Jets pr Phins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Who will you be pulling for in this game?

A Miami win and we would have a 2 and a half game lead in the east after only 6 games (5 by us).

A jet win and only a 1 and a half.

But what worries me is this. Miami went on quite a run at the end of last season. And I think with Harrington they could do it again.

I almost want to see these guys season ended today rather then have them get on a hot streak and gain ground.

I think the Jets are a decent team. But I think the Pats match up against them far better.

SO against the conventional wisdom of rooting for the win that gives the Pats the biggest lead in the division, I will be pulling for the Jets. I just think in the long run this will work out better for the Pats.

Last edited:
i hope Jets win. idc. i just want all the dolphin fans to stfu

i don't care but i prefere a NYJ win

Satan or Beelzebub .... who to sacrifice this baby goat to? Hmm..

Either way, it'll leave you feelin' dirty.

We certainly don't want the fishies getting a top five pick next year. So I'll hold my nose and pull for them.

Last edited:
phins - i got chambers on my fantasy team.

based purely on the standings, i want the phins to win.

Lockdown06 said:
phins - i got chambers on my fantasy team.
Sucks for you. :singing:

Lets go Jets!! I want to see the Fins dead and burried.

what he said

zippo59 said:
Lets go Jets!! I want to see the Fins dead and burried.

In a regular week it is more likely both teams lose than both teams win, so i see the fact they're playing each other as a bad thing. That said, I don't really care. The division race is over 5 weeks into the season.

If anything, I feel bad for the Jets while the Dolphins just annoy me. I also like seeing Pennington do well. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

I want miami to win b/c that pushes the jets down in the standings another game. Miami is already down more than ny. Miami can lose next week.

I hate the Jets. I would never root for them.

Miami sucks. Who cares if they win or game or two. They're not a threat anyway. (And please stop with the 6-game winning streak to end last season.)

Tie, I want a tie! Neither team wins and it does us just as well. Tie!

desi-patsfan said:
based purely on the standings, i want the phins to win.
Same here. I want every other AFCE team to have as many losses as possible.

Plus I don't want my Fins-Fan-Friend to kill himself.

I want the Jets to win today. NYJ still have to come up to Foxboro for their spanking, while the Pats still have a tough game at Miami. I want Miami to have as few wins as possible heading into that game.

sarge said:
Who will you be pulling for in this game?

A Miami win and we would have a 2 and a half game lead in the east after only 6 games (5 by us).

A jet win and only a 1 and a half.

But what worries me is this. Miami went on quite a run at the end of last season. And I think with Harrington they could do it again.

I almost want to see these guys season ended today rather then have them get on a hot streak and gain ground.

I think the Jets are a decent team. But I think the Pats match up against them far better.

SO against the conventional wisdom of rooting for the win that gives the Pats the biggest lead in the division, I will be pulling for the Jets. I just think in the long run this will work out better for the Pats.

I dislike the Jets but I have always HATED Miami. It goes back to the 80s when everyone supported them and worshipped Marino.

Did anyone notice ...

... that, while Nance and Simms were trying to distract our attention from the lousiness of the game they went into a long riff about Eric Mangini's "mentoring", obviously based on their pre-game interview with EM, and how he talked regularly on the phone with Bill Parcells to get advice?

Oooohhh! No big warm Belichick hugs for you when you come to Foxboro, penguin boy!

(Is it just me, or is this game taking an age? I can't believe that it's still in the third quarter. Won't someone put it out of its misery?)

Last edited:
Re: Did anyone notice ...

Mike the Brit said:
... that, while Nance and Simms were trying to distract our attention from the lousiness of the game they went into a long riff about Eric Mangini's "mentoring", obviously based on their pre-game interview with EM, and how he talked regularly on the phone with Bill Parcells to get advice.

Oooohhh! No Belichick hugs for you when you come to Foxboro, penguin boy!

(Is it just me, or is this game taking an age? I can't believe that it's still in the third quarter. Won't someone put it out of its misery?)
Actually, that was the easiest thing to predict, no way Bill is going to provide counsel to his AFCE rival. I still wonder if the "chill" between BB and EM is a facade to allow EM to get settled without the Jest fan base and reporters yelling treason.

Napolian and Scrunchy are affecting the Jest/Fin game with the no-huddle substitution coffee break by the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes