PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Media Hoping For Harbaugh to Be the Next Jets Head Coach?

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
It appears the media in New York is hoping the Jets will make the move to have him be the one to replace Gase:

They will tried to sell coaches on cap space, draft picks and maybe having Trevor Lawrence. That’s a big maybe. When haven’t the jets had cap space and draft picks?

I'm sticking with what I've been saying all along......Harbaugh is a GOOD coach. He turned that 49ers team around and made that team LEGIT. I feel that 49ers team was better then the one which went to the Super Bowl last season. They came into Foxborough and took it to the Pats. I didn't like how Harbaugh completely brushed Brady off post game though....gave him a no look finger touch attempt of a handshake and jogged away.

I'm sticking with what I've been saying all along......Harbaugh is a GOOD coach. He turned that 49ers team around and made that team LEGIT. I feel that 49ers team was better then the one which went to the Super Bowl last season. They came into Foxborough and took it to the Pats. I didn't like how Harbaugh completely brushed Brady off post game though....gave him a no look finger touch attempt of a handshake and jogged away.
How can he be that bad at Michigan, though? Can someone who pays attention to college enlighten us?

How can he be that bad at Michigan, though? Can someone who pays attention to college enlighten us?
He doesn't recruit that well TBH. Ohio state, Clemson, and most of the SEC all get better players regularly. So they don't have depth. Add to that I think college and pro just suit certain coaches better one way or another.

Coaching young men right out of HS who aren't being paid (well, officially) is VERY different than coaching grown-assed men with families.

I think Harbaugh is better at the latter while a GOAT college coach like Saban was AWFUL in the pros.

Lets keep in mind that Harbaugh inherited a team that had been drafting around the top 10 for a while. So there was a pretty talented core of players.

In a sense he always reminded me of Rex Ryan a bit where both have a dominant philosophy how to build a team and if they get talented players it can work well. But once the talent level drops -- like it did for the 49ers when they started to pick in the high 20s -- they can not make due and it all collapses more often than not.

It has a very realistic chance of happening if he’s their guy. He’s completely failed at Michigan and is likely out at the end of the season. I could see a move back to the NFL and it would make a lot of sense for the Jets. Especially if they’re going to draft Lawrence.

That would be quite the circus. More Jets fodder for us to enjoy next season. Absolutely nothing is ever going to happen to that franchise until Woody Johnson sells it. I read the Pepper Johnson interview where he said that Woody came down and walked right by him- didn't even know he was on the coaching staff much less know his name.

If Harbawl is smart at all, he would insist on complete autonomy, top to bottom, before he signs anything. Otherwise he'll forever be battling with the front office, with the GM, and with owner meddling.

Coaching young men right out of HS who aren't being paid (well, officially) is VERY different than coaching grown-assed men with families.
Agreed. There really aren't a whole heck of a lot of guys who were successful at both levels. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely a few who were, but more failures than not.

I wonder if the Jets would ever make a play for Dabo... while there's no indication whatsoever he wants to leave Clemson (or that the Jets are interested in him), it would be interesting to bring him along with Lawrence...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back