PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets lose Damien Woody for the postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumor: Damien Woody to have season ending surgery today

Cimini also tweeted this today:

"WR/KR Brad Smith (groin) looks like he's going to be a bystander at practice. Not participating in special tms drills. #Jets"

Rich Cimini (RichCimini) on Twitter

The Big Wood has missed many games and the Jets have shown they can win w/o him. But Brad Smith is a playah. Guy brings it. He's a serious threat on STs and they will seriously be hurtin' were he to be sidelined or sub par; try cutting with a pulled groin. Groin injuries are slow recovery. Then again maybe he should text Farvre for the names of those Jets massage therapists...

The Big Wood has missed many games and the Jets have shown they can win w/o him. But Brad Smith is a playah. Guy brings it. He's a serious threat on STs and they will seriously be hurtin' were he to be sidelined or sub par; try cutting with a pulled groin. Groin injuries are slow recovery. Then again maybe he should text Farvre for the names of those Jets massage therapists...
Agree and hope you are right about Smith, but I still expect him to play come Sunday. OTOH, they didn't lose anything in the return game with Cromartie.

From what I saw of the Indy game, Woody was really struggling. I don't think they'll lose too much with their backup in there.

From what I saw of the Indy game, Woody was really struggling. I don't think they'll lose too much with their backup in there.

Woody never fully recovered from his initial injury although this one is a different one.

They shouldn't miss a step as far as Hunter starting as he has gotten some significant playing time at RT at the end of the season, including action last week.

What it does, is thin out the reserves and change up the Jumbo packages as Hunter got a lot of snaps b/c the Jets use a lot of alignments with 6 Olineman. Rob Turner is a quality backup and will now see most of those snaps in the Jumbo sets (both he and Turner split those reps about 50/50 - depending on the specific package, I guess), and he is really the only viable backup now.

The Jets will now go with only 7 lineman, albeit with 2 TEs that primarily block (Mulligan and Hartstock). Not a huge problem if an injury pops up, but if a lineman goes down, Vlad Ducasse would probably be forced into the short yardage package - not a promising thought from a Jets perspective.

But, I guess at this point in the season, if that is your biggest concern, you're doing pretty well.

With Woody or without the end result will be the same. A big Jets loss. It just gives Jets trolls more "only if" chatter as they try and make sense of the loss.

Looks like Brandon Deaderick and/or Gerald Warren will be on the left side of the defense this weekend.

Looks like Brandon Deaderick and/or Gerald Warren will be on the left side of the defense this weekend.
I thought Deaderick normally lines up at RDE?

Too bad. Damien Woody was a key guy in the 1st and 2nd Patriots' Super Bowl victories and deserves our best wishes. He's got three rings (he missed '05 with an injury.) A pro bowler and an important building block of the "dynasty." Get well and enjoy the pain killers on Sunday as your former team croaks your current team.

I thought Deaderick normally lines up at RDE?

Normally. I'm just speculating the weakest run side of our line will now be on the offense's right. I figure Warren - Wilfork - Deaderick, Deaderick - Warren - Wilfork, and Warren - Love - Wilfork will be the options of decreasing preference for the Pats 3-4 base.

Last two games Wilfork played all over, including LDE.

Normally. I'm just speculating the weakest run side of our line will now be on the offense's right. I figure Warren - Wilfork - Deaderick, Deaderick - Warren - Wilfork, and Warren - Love - Wilfork will be the options of decreasing preference for the Pats 3-4 base.

Last two games Wilfork played all over, including LDE.
I would prefer Warren - Wilfork - Deaderick. I'm not sure how well Love would hold up to Mangold.

I noticed Brad Smith was missing from practice too with that groin injury. Would be another big blow.

I wonder if Woody retires after this. If he does, I wish him luck in his future endeavors. If not, I wish him a speedy recovery.

This is a HUGE blow, probably just as big as the Leonard loss. Slauson looked awful against the Colts. I can just imagine what Hunter is going to do. The only way the Jets have a chance is if the run game gets going, and this doesn't help

On a side note, what happened to Vladimir Ducasse? He was supposed to replace Faneca

Just watched NFL Replay and almost every run in the second half was behind Woody. With our banged up DL and the run being one of the few ways the Jets can possibly beat us, this will be a serious blow unless the backup is a really good run blocker. He doesn't have to suck to make them miss Woody, even if he's just average that leaves only Mangold as a top run blocker on their line and we know who'll be saying HI to Mangold at the nose.

The Jet offense didnt exactly set the world on fire while Woody was out.

This is a HUGE blow, probably just as big as the Leonard loss. Slauson looked awful against the Colts. I can just imagine what Hunter is going to do. The only way the Jets have a chance is if the run game gets going, and this doesn't help

On a side note, what happened to Vladimir Ducasse? He was supposed to replace Faneca

It gets worse. Their other guard Brandon Moore, you know the good one, isn't practicing with a bad back. If they have to play Ducasse, who must be worse than Slauson... well Mangold will only be able to help one of them.

It gets worse. Their other guard Brandon Moore, you know the good one, isn't practicing with a bad back. If they have to play Ducasse, who must be worse than Slauson... well Mangold will only be able to help one of them.
Perhaps thats the plan? Talk all week, have players come up with mysterious injuries, get blown out, spend the offseason saying they would have won without the injuries, and NEXT TIME they are coming to get us, and it will be personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back