PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets lose Damien Woody for the postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps thats the plan? Talk all week, have players come up with mysterious injuries, get blown out, spend the offseason saying they would have won without the injuries, and NEXT TIME they are coming to get us, and it will be personal.

I sure hope this is the plan. It sounds like a really good one.

Perhaps thats the plan? Talk all week, have players come up with mysterious injuries, get blown out, spend the offseason saying they would have won without the injuries, and NEXT TIME they are coming to get us, and it will be personal.

wash,
rinse,
dry,
recycle,

repeat process

EZ76

I noticed Brad Smith was missing from practice too with that groin injury. Would be another big blow.

The Jets are being somewhat tight lipped about Smith but from what I've read Ryan said he thinks Smith will suit up but likely be limited to returning kicks.

I also noticed the Jets moved this WR/ST Turner to the active roster today:

Turner (WR/6-5/220/Southern California/Nashville, TN) was signed to the practice squad on December 17, 2010, after being waived from the active roster on December 15, 2010. He has played five games with the Jets this season, where he has seen time on offense and special teams. Turner recorded his first two NFL catches this season. He originally joined the Jets on September 5, after being claimed off waivers from the Miami Dolphins. Turner entered the NFL as a third-round draft selection by Miami in the 2009 NFL Draft, where he saw action in two games as a rookie. He finished his collegiate career with 138 receptions for 1,752 yards and 17 touchdowns in four seasons at USC.

Re: Rumor: Damien Woody to have season ending surgery today

Woody struggled against the Colts. I guess it's possible that they just think he's either risking further injury, or he's not going to be able to hold up.
Exactly...

Re: Rumor: Damien Woody to have season ending surgery today

Exactly...

He tore his achilles, completely separate injury from the knee although a fat guy favoring one leg is no-doubt putting a lot of stress on the other.

What does it say that they played a struggling Woody instead of his replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes