PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets jumped into fray as favor for Chayut - PFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
smg93 said:
If it seemed like I was saying that Mangini would tell Chayut to get lost, I will tell you now that that isn't the case at all. What I'm saying is why would it be Chayut? If Mangini would want to make friends with an agent it would be someone like the Postons or Condon who have a whole slew of marquee players that I would like to sign and who in all likelihood will sign the most promising players in next years draft.

That's all. I brought up the point of who in Chayut's stable of clients would the Jets really want? I should have expounded by saying in the history of Jason Chayut, how successful has he been with signing the big name draftees in the last few drafts?

If I were going to burn a bridge with my mentor, I would make sure it was for a damn good reason. In my book, Chayut is not a damn good reason.

Why is it so difficult for you to accept that? And why are you defending Florio's rumor so vehemently? Can't someone just have a differing opinion on the subject?

This is always interesting to me. You disagree with my posts, and I disagree with yours, and you claim I cant accept a differeing opinion. Doesnt that mean you cant either, since you have disagreed with me just as many times as I have disagreed with you?

To the point however, Postons, or any other agents aren't representing Deion Branch.
Mangini didnt seek out a plan to get buddy-buddy with Chayut, he simple ACTED ON AN OPPORTUNITY.

I guess where we disagree is that you feel Mangini's motivation and allegiance is to BB, and his decisions are influenced by not wanting to affect BB negativley, where I believe HIS JOB is to help the Jets, and by definition that means something that hurts the Patriots is part of his job.

Example. At the beginning of this Woody Johnson calls Mangini, and asks him his opinion of Branch. They conclude, good player, but not the best choice for the team right now. Woody says, "We can still make him an offer, and just not give the Pats enough to trade. That way it makes it harder for the Pats to resign him, further alienates him from them, weakens our rival, therefore is good for the Jets"
Mangini then responds. "Woody, lets not do that, I like Belichick, I really don't want to hurt the Patriots":
The man would be fired on the spot.

Patriotic Fervor said:
Although it was widely reported in the press that the Pats had the hots for him, it appears there was no offer made, and indeed, the team in reality had no interest in him.

That's what I've read about it....

What was also reported was that the Broncos were offering a 3rd round pick to Green Bay and when they heard that the pats MIGHT be interested in him they upped their offer to a second rounder. When you say the team in reality had no interest in him, that was the original posters point that the Jets were only offering Branch a contract to drive the price up even if they really had no interest in signing branch. That's not my position. Someone was just asking who the player was and I answered his question.

AndyJohnson said:
This is always interesting to me. You disagree with my posts, and I disagree with yours, and you claim I cant accept a differeing opinion. Doesnt that mean you cant either, since you have disagreed with me just as many times as I have disagreed with you?

To the point however, Postons, or any other agents aren't representing Deion Branch.
Mangini didnt seek out a plan to get buddy-buddy with Chayut, he simple ACTED ON AN OPPORTUNITY.

I guess where we disagree is that you feel Mangini's motivation and allegiance is to BB, and his decisions are influenced by not wanting to affect BB negativley, where I believe HIS JOB is to help the Jets, and by definition that means something that hurts the Patriots is part of his job.

Example. At the beginning of this Woody Johnson calls Mangini, and asks him his opinion of Branch. They conclude, good player, but not the best choice for the team right now. Woody says, "We can still make him an offer, and just not give the Pats enough to trade. That way it makes it harder for the Pats to resign him, further alienates him from them, weakens our rival, therefore is good for the Jets"
Mangini then responds. "Woody, lets not do that, I like Belichick, I really don't want to hurt the Patriots":
The man would be fired on the spot.

I was disagreeing with Florio's article. You were the one pushing me to explain why I disagreed with your position. Please stop putting words in my mouth to prove your "prediction". I don't really care anymore.

smg93 said:
I was disagreeing with Florio's article. You were the one pushing me to explain why I disagreed with your position. Please stop putting words in my mouth to prove your "prediction". I don't really care anymore.

Im not trying to prove anything. just saying that Mangini had every reason to upset the apple cart and disagreeing that his allegiance lies with BB rather than doing what is best for the Jets. I dont know whether helping the agent is real or not, I just know that it would be an intelligent move by Mangini to make anything difficult for the Pats that he can. I can also see benefit it being agent friendly when it otherwise suits your purposes as well.

You seem angry that I disagree with you. I dont know why. I have an opinion that you are disagreeing with, and I do not see a sufficeint argument to support yuor disagreement. Is that what message boards are about, having an opinion and backing it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes