PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans: Patriots fans will be Jets fans for a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd rather the Colts be one and done and the JETS be none and done. The Colts are like the once proud staggering fighter whose approaching punch drunk but he won't quit until they TKO him. The JETS are a bunch of arrogant pricks top to bottom who haven't won a damn thing is decades... I'd just as soon see Manning go down at Baltimore's hands or ours. I'd have preferred to see the JETS go down at KC's hands although suddenly they are looking less like a contender than an unfortunate coaching cluster**** I'm not sure that team is prepared to overcome even at home...

I found this thread funny. Something to read in the bye week. While I agree on some points that I would prefer the Patriots play the Jets next week then the Ravens, I find it funny that Jets fans need the validation of Patriots fans being Jets fans for a week. I also kinda want the Jets to win so that Cromartie pick becomes a 2nd rounder for nothing (after we beat them again in Foxboro).

Are the pats pulling for the jets? - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

No way I'm pulling for them - I don't care who wins. Just send the winner to Foxboro, we'll let Brady and Belichick sort them out.

I don't F**king think so.

Correct answer, correct tone.

I'm not rooting for the Jets; I'm just rooting against the Colts a little more.

Last edited:
rooting for the asteroid this week.

Of all the teams in the AFC, I think the Colts are the ones most likely to beat the Pats. I don't care who Manning is throwing to, that guy has consistently put up big numbers against us the last few years.

I have no problem with the Jets knocking out the Colts, then coming here for a curb stomping (and costing them a second round pick in the process). Then again, I also have no problem with the Jets being one and done after all of the hullabaloo early in the season about them being the best team in the league.

So I guess I'll watch the game, make fun of whichever team loses, and be happy regardless that one of them is out of the playoffs.

Patriots/Jets and Steelers/Ravens would be great games to watch. and I would rather face Steelers OR Ravens and not both of them

I'm really going to enjoy watching football this weekend without the stress of worrying about what the patriots will do

This...

is what I've always loved about being a #1 or #2 seed, which is one reason why I SO wanted them to lock up the #1 seed. The fun of watching the others duke it out while you (of course I'm talking about the fans, not the players) get to sit back and just enjoy the games while savoring another week of anticipation.

I'm still not going to go one way or the other for this asteroid game. If you put a gun to my head, I'd have to buckle down and say the Colts. I just can't pull for the Jests in any (unless it DIRECTLY benefited the Pats) circumstances. Just can't. No way. No how.

What if KC beats Baltimore?

Just saying

If the Jets win, it doesn't matter what happenes in the KC/Ravens game, we play the lowest surviving seed

Last edited:
F*ck you jets fans, and I mean that in the most professional way :p

Peyton scares me anytime............

Ravens "d" earns respect.............

not so worried about jets or eventually steelers............

kc may be scariest of all for us...........

Hell no. I am rooting for the Colts. A loss this week by the Jets, especially a convincing loss, will reverberate a lot worse to that team. All the huff and puff will likely be gone and I can see them tearing each other apart next year.

Although I am torn about who to root for, there are definite reasons to be a Jets fan this weekend:

1.) The Jets are probably the easiest match up of the teams the Pats could face. The Pats' offense is suited to pick apart the Jets defense. I don't think the Jets' offense can keep up in a shoot out. An Indy win could send the Ravens to Foxboro first who might be the worst match up for the Pats.
2.) A win Saturday would turn the third round pick the Jets gave up for Cromartie into a second. Since the Jets haven't had many picks in recent year and especially this year haven't been successful with them (at least for the draft position), this will hurt the Jets for the future especially since they could have a lot of holes with a ton of free agents this year.
3.) The satisfaction of giving Rex and gang another arse whipping. This isn't a given, but it would be nice to give Rex Ryan a goddamn snack of humble pie.

Peyton scares me anytime............

Ravens "d" earns respect.............

not so worried about jets or eventually steelers............

kc may be scariest of all for us...........

I agree with you here. The playoffs like boxing are all about matchups. The best Defense against Tom Brady is to keep him off the field and Kc has the methodical Offense with the running game to do just that.

The chiefs haven't looked good going into the Playoffs this year but neither did the cardinals when they went to the SB. Chiefs have two key things that could hurt the pats.... Good Running attack and Coaches familar with our system reminds me of cleveland.

Having that said, the pats will beat anyone coming to foxboro, MA this january book it!

Reasons to want the Jets to win:

1.) Peyton Manning's ability to get hot and light up the scoreboard

2.) Jets would lose a 2nd round pick

3.) Sanchez sucks like a turbocharged Dyson

4.) Kyle Wilson and the rest of the Jets CBs after Revis/Cromartie have been very bad this year

5.) The silence of Jets fans after the Patriots destroy them the following week

Reasons to want the Colts to win:

1.) Screw the Jets!

2.) Manning's ability to give games away (9-9 in the playoffs)

3.) Sanchez has flashes where he gets hot and can be dangerous

4.) A banged up Colts team would be coming to Gillette in the cold

5.) The wailing of Jets fans after losing in the Wild Card round

Reasons to want the asteroid to win:

1.) Too numerous to mention, and it just feels right. The only way I could want the asteroid more would be if the game was being played in New York.

Last edited:
I will be rooting hard for the Colts, because in all honesty I don't want to see the Jets.

You guys put too much stock in a regular season game. Yes, we dominated them, but I have been watching football too long to know that means nothing in the playoffs. Remember in 2004 when Steelers man-handled us by 21 points. Then we returned the favor in AFC Championship.

Despite the beatdown we gave them in Dec, they are still a good team that is a division rival. Chances are they will put up a tough game. I may be in the minority, but of all the AFC teams, they are the one team I don't want to see.

If want Baltimore, because I am confident we will give them a smackdown they have never seen before.

Last edited:
I'm a HUGE Jets fans this week. I want them right in Foxboro (whether they want to or not) on January 16th.

Just like Rex, I'm into domination and humiliation.

careful with that ;)

Doctor:
What is it he does now? Look how he rubs his hands.

Gentlewoman:
It is an accustom'd action with him, to seem thus
washing his hands. I have known him continue in this a quarter of
an hour.

shmessy:
Yet here's a green spot.

Doctor:
Hark, he speaks. I will set down what comes from him, to
satisfy my remembrance the more strongly.

shmessy:
Out, damn'd green spot! out, I say!—One; two: why, then
'tis time to do't.—New Jersey is murky.—Fie, OP, fie, a Patriot, and
afeard? What need we fear for whom we root, when none can call our
pow'r to accompt?—Yet who would have thought the old Rex to
have had so much toejam in him?

I can never root for the Jets. Give me a Colts win in an ultra-physical game. Then let the Colts lose the following week.

Cant bring myself to root for either team, just going to wait and see how it plays out.

Screw the Jets.
Rex Ryan is a *** posing as a coach

The only way I would root for the Jets would be if the Pats needed them to win to make the playoffs. That's it.

I would love to see them come into Foxboro and see Ryan eat his words (insert fat joke here), but I would also love to see another playoff Brady-Manning matchup with Brady personally ending Manning's season in the AFCCG, especially out in the cold New England weather. I have more respect for the Colts than the Jets in terms of matchups, but I'll never root for the Jets to win this game and give Rex some sort of credibility. Of course the Colts winning could send the Ravens to Foxboro, but I'm rooting for Cassel and KC to pull one out against them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference