PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans: Patriots fans will be Jets fans for a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this thread before it was linked here. I think Jets fans misunderstand how much we hate them. I'm mildly pulling for them to win because I want to smack them around starting at 4:30pm on the 16th. Beyond that, I want them to look bad, sustain a few key injuries, and basically be just a little less bad than the Colts.

Also (and I don't discount the Chiefs, I just think that they will lose) I want the Steelers and Ravens to beat each other to a bloody pulp on the 15th.

Count me among the few that think the Jets will beat the Colts. It just comes down to matchups. The Colts offense is not great this year. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to say they are even good. The Colts couldn't emphatically beat any garbage teams down the stretch in games they needed to win; I think they're playing as well as they are capable of playing, which is just not going to cut it.

Back to those matchups. The Jets can take Reggie Wayne out of the game, which leaves very little for the Colts to do on offense. If the Jets were smart, they'd put Cromartie in a safety-type role and just let him roam the field. Sure, Manning can work miracles, but he won't, because this isn't the regular season. In 8 of 9 Colts' postseason losses, the Colts have failed to score over 14 points. They do not have the same homefield advantage as most teams, evidenced over the past 10 years.

The Jets have beaten Pittsburgh on the road and New England at home this season. The Colts? Their "signature win" was an early season victory over the Chiefs, who were 3-5 on the road. That's the best team they've beaten, and they haven't stacked up to good teams.

Jets 16, Colts 13

2.) Jets would lose a 2nd round pick.

This is, in my view, a VERY good reason to want the jets to win this weekend. The more important reason is that they're an easier win than the Colts once we get to the divisional round, but the jets losing a 2nd rounder, when they're already low on depth/picks from the last couple of drafts, would be a not insignificant development.

Last edited:
Count me among the few that think the Jets will beat the Colts. It just comes down to matchups. The Colts offense is not great this year. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to say they are even good. The Colts couldn't emphatically beat any garbage teams down the stretch in games they needed to win; I think they're playing as well as they are capable of playing, which is just not going to cut it.

Back to those matchups. The Jets can take Reggie Wayne out of the game, which leaves very little for the Colts to do on offense. If the Jets were smart, they'd put Cromartie in a safety-type role and just let him roam the field. Sure, Manning can work miracles, but he won't, because this isn't the regular season. In 8 of 9 Colts' postseason losses, the Colts have failed to score over 14 points. They do not have the same homefield advantage as most teams, evidenced over the past 10 years.

The Jets have beaten Pittsburgh on the road and New England at home this season. The Colts? Their "signature win" was an early season victory over the Chiefs, who were 3-5 on the road. That's the best team they've beaten, and they haven't stacked up to good teams.

Jets 16, Colts 13

Nice post! I agree with everything you said, I hope we are both right

Sorry Im a Indy and KC supporter this week.

This is, in my view, a VERY good reason to want the jets to win this weekend. The more important reason is that they're an easier win than the Colts once we get to the divisional round, but the jets losing a 2nd rounder, when they're already low on depth/picks from the last couple of drafts, would be a not insignificant development.

I'm with you. In the end, my preferences break down like this:

1.) Meteor
2.) Jets
3.) Colts

I'm with you. In the end, my preferences break down like this:

1.) Meteor
2.) Jets
3.) Colts

I agree with that. I can´t remember a game where I found it that difficult to decide who should not win. There are so many things I don´t want to see and read after either of these teams advances a round that makes it hard to decide. I probably won´t even watch it, since I will just get all riled up, change allegiances every minute and end up being pissed off at watching either team celebrate a win.

However, I do believe Manning is the much tougher out. I really don´t want to see him. But what do I know, really. Bring them on, we got to beat three teams regardless.

I will not root for the Jest. Won't do it, can't make me do it.

I think the Colts will win anyway. I'm surprised by the number of people buying into the Jet hype on this. It's Peyton Manning at home...against the Jest. If the Jest win, count me among the very, very shocked.

Jets or Colts, doesn't matter. We'll beat any of those teams.

I will be watching the game Sat night. My hopes is that the Jets suffer a humiliating loss.

Now, I don't like the Colts. But I hate the Jets. I remember all all the crap that they were throwing around at the beginning of the year. Ever after the Patriots pulled down their pants and paddled their bums, they still had crap to throw around.

This was THE YEAR for the Jets and their fans and the media kissed their behinds until 12/6/10.

I want their hearts cut out and stuffed down their toe sucking throats. I fear no team coming into Gillette including the Ravens. I hate the Colts and Steelers but I respect them. I don't think the Chiefs will be much of a problem for the Patriots. If the Patritos play their "A" game , no one will beat them.

I hate the Jets and do not respect them. Other than that, I no opinion on this weeks game.

Well, it will definitely be a great game, can't deny that. If the Jets lose they would lose one 2nd Round Draft pick, so that would be a good reason to root for the Jets. But I just can't. I HATE the Jets so much. I hope they lose and get humiliated.

I will not root for the Jest. Won't do it, can't make me do it.

I think the Colts will win anyway. I'm surprised by the number of people buying into the Jet hype on this. It's Peyton Manning at home...against the Jest. If the Jest win, count me among the very, very shocked.

I won't be shocked if they win, but I don't think they will. The Colts appear to have had their worst behind them.

The more I think about it, and with Sexy Rexy's latest verbal diahhrea, I'm leaning a little more toward "wanting" the Colts to win, though I'm still offically Switzerland. I know Rex can never be truly humbled, but the earlier his team exits, the better it is for them in the long run, both for them and their overhyped fans. Yeah, it'd be fun if it were US knocking them out again and I do relish that possibility, but we've already done it once so, even if it has to be the Colts, someone else can do it and will be almost as good. :) IOW, if it has to be the Colts beating the Jets, I want the Colts to BLOW THEM OUT like we did.

I've changed my mind, owing to a strong preference for facing the Jets rather than Ravens or Chiefs.

I can't say that I will CHEER for the Jets, but I will applaud any Colts screw-ups more than I will applaud any Jets screw-ups, while hoping that they both screw up a lot. How's that?

Well, it will definitely be a great game, can't deny that. If the Jets lose they would lose one 2nd Round Draft pick, so that would be a good reason to root for the Jets. But I just can't. I HATE the Jets so much. I hope they lose and get humiliated.

I think you mean if they win the game they would lose the draft pick.

It would be just a great scenario for the Jets to beat the Colts (no doubt Manning will have another epic post game presser throwing somebody under the bus), the media will ball-wash the Jets all week, only to see them lose to the Pats...:rocker:

I will never root for the Jets.

I want the Jets to lose. They need to get knocked the hell out early.
Chiefs to win would be nice as we could see Brady vs Cassel!
Getting payback on the Ravens would work for me as well though.
Then we take whoever is the survivor of Colts/Steelers in the AFCCG. Should be a good game whoever it is.

How can you not hope that the Jets lose 30 draft slots for the privelege of coming to Foxboro to lose?

That's my big hope, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back