Jets at Pats week 5 post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Game Thoughts: Jets Edition

1.) Nothing cures an ailing defense like the Jets' offense. Seven three and outs. Only 255 net yards allowed. Only allowed a 27% conversion rate on third downs. Without that 88 kick return, the Pats probably would have held the Jets to 14.
2.) Rex Ryan promised the return of the Ground and Pound and we got it today - from the Pats. Awesome balance by the offense today.
3.) After a couple of so-so games, BJGE really stepped up today and ran it down the Jets' throats especially on that last drive where the Jets knew the Pats were trying to run down the clock and settle for three points. They knew BJGE was coming and they couldn't stop him.
4.) The Jets are in trouble. They are not particularly good in any phase of the game. They showed flashes of dominance on defense, but the Pats could pretty much do what they want and mostly beat themselves on drives with penalties or overthrown passes by Brady to open receivers.
5.) On that note, my one complait with Bill O'Brien today is his insistance of throwing the deep ball on third and anything longer than six. The Pats need a first down, not a TD pass.
6.) Almost all of the sacks on Brady were blown assignments. The o-line and TEs need to watch the game film for the next game because they got burnt on over loaded blitzes.
7.) Even with that dropped pass for INT (which he totally burnt Cromartie BTW) I was impressed with Hernandez on his first game back. Still a way from 100%, but still was a big target in key spots.
8.) After getting beat the first few week, McCourty is starting to return to his last year form (thanks to the zone). He was quiet in the stats column, but I don't think there was a pass in his direction completed today.
9.) Kudos to the safeties for taking Keller out of the game. It was obvious that was a big key to winning this game and he was nearly invisible (1 catch, 7 yards).

Re: Game Thoughts: Jets Edition

Bodden made a great play on Keller early but taking him out of the game was one of the huge stories of the day.

The game is over; Pats beat the Jets, 30-21.

Place your post-game comments and analysis here.

Bodden made a great play on Keller early but taking him out of the game was one of the huge stories of the day.

Yeah, I forgot to give Bodden credit. He was on him alot too.

I think Rex should kiss some of these b/c it is the closest he will ever get to a SB Ring for many many years:) (he won't kiss BB's rings) [prolly b/c SB rings r not toe rings :)

Rex refuses to Kiss BB's rings here is some food for thought :)

Onion-rings.JPG

Truly nice work :cool:

Last edited:

1.)
5.) On that note, my one complait with Bill O'Brien today is his insistance of throwing the deep ball on third and anything longer than six. The Pats need a first down, not a TD pass.

I don't remember seeing O'Brien make any throws. Those are on Brady and he had guys open behind the D on more than one occasion, he just didn't convert.

I don't think they should rush to get Hernandez back if that is what they are doing. He clearly isn't 100%.

Defense played well.

I am getting sick of these dropped ball interceptions.

Law Firm is better than Ridley as the feature back.

The Ref got in the way of Welker on the bomb, but I think Revis would have caught him anyway. Id say Welker had Revis running all over the island.

Just imagine if Tom connected on either one of those long balls to start the game? Both times, the receiver had a step, but the ball was just a tiny bit overthrown.

If those, or just one of them connects this game is a blowout from the start.

35 rushes
33 pass attempts

I love it. Alot of us that were begging to run more against that Jets defense finally got what we wanted.
Admirable effort from the D.
Ghost did his thing 3/3.
I just hope Hernandez didn't suffer a setback like when Mayo came back too soon from an MCL injury.
Bring on the Cowboys!

I don't remember seeing O'Brien make any throws. Those are on Brady and he had guys open behind the D on more than one occasion, he just didn't convert.

I thought O'brien had a great game overall, but I hate that he always goes for big 30-50 yard passes on third and long (and makable). I am definitely not an O'Brien basher (more of a defender of him), but I hate that he does that on every third and long. It is a low percentage play no matter who is throwing.

Jets have lost 3 in a row, and get the Fins next week followed by SD, at Buff (who look like a clearly better team) and us again. The could very well be 3-6 and done

Last edited by a moderator:

Just imagine if Tom connected on either one of those long balls to start the game? Both times, the receiver had a step, but the ball was just a tiny bit overthrown.

If those, or just one of them connects this game is a blowout from the start.

Also if AH didn't drop a TD and it falls right into Cromartie's hands.
Or the big KR that led to a Jets TD.
We still won rather comfortably. We are a far better team right now than the Jets, a team that should be 1-4 right now.

Jets have lost 3 in a row, and get the Fins next week followed by SD, at Buff (who look like a clearly better team) and us again. The could very well be 3-6 and done

I wouldn't be shocked if they were 2-7. Wouldn't bet on it, but they are a front runner team and a loss like this can throw them in a funk.

Glad to see the 3rd down defense step up the way it did, but there were still a few miscues in the secondary.

All in all, progress was made on that side of the ball today imo.

we made more plays then the jets.. but we had a better game plan then the jets.. but i think in the second half we could have used more ocho.. the d stepped up.. more then they ever did this year.. but we have a long way to go...... and its a great win..

I have a feeling that Miami beats them.

Happy with the running game. BJGE is a tough, dependable runner.
Also glad to see the defense getting better, step by step.
Would rather not have seen that huge return by McKnight....

Did anybody see the Jets ground and pound? They didnt even have 100 rushing yards by committee.

Greene had 83 yards
Elle T had 13 yards
McNugget had 1 yard

Also, they were down by 2 scores and running the ball burning clock in the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News