PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma 6-6 260 lbs

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Some mocks I seen have us taking him. If we lose Watson we would need a TE but we should address our defense first.
If we grabbed him late 2nd it could be a good pickup but; we don't seem to throw much to our TE's.
thoughts?

Not so much.

As you said, if Watson leaves the Pats would need a player like him. Other than that I'd prefer focusing on defense.

6'6", 260#, sub-4.6 speed ... can he rush the passer and set the edge? He ought to be able to cover the TE and play in space. :singing:

6'6", 260#, sub-4.6 speed ... can he rush the passer and set the edge? He ought to be able to cover the TE and play in space.

Good one.

The solution is to re-sign Watson.

I would like to see us resign Watson. The idea of having to spend another high draft pick (2nd round) on the TE position is not one I'm particularly fond of. Especially when you consider how little the position is used in our offense.
Watson is a good fit for this team. I just wish we'd use him more.
I'm hoping that those 3 seconds we have are used in some combination to either grab McClain out of Alabama (our first would also have to be used here) or to draft an OG and or pass rush help.

I would like to see us resign Watson. The idea of having to spend another high draft pick (2nd round) on the TE position is not one I'm particularly fond of. Especially when you consider how little the position is used in our offense now.

As long as there's Welker (and/or Edelbinky, preferably "and" :)), no TE is going to have massive stats in this O.

I'm not looking for big stats out of the TE position. But, I think that there is a good argument to be made that the position has been underutilized this year.

Tight ends are an important part of the patriot offense. We have two fine tight ends who have contributed a lot this year.

They are capable of much more in the passign game, but we have not seen them more because they have been used as blockers to aid the much injured offensive line.

Watson is a special player. He is a deep threat and quite able to be the deep threat opposite Moss when he is called on in that role. He is also a very able blocker.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back