PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham suspended(mega merge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
even after getting caught now he'll only miss 4 games and can probably roid up for the rest of his career without getting caught again.

Wow. You don't know much about the league's PEDs program. According to Section 39, Article 7 (b), the league is using the 2010 Policy and Program for Substance Abuse with the addendum to do blood testing for HGH (which isn't in force yet).

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/PlayerDevelopment/2010 Drug Policy.pdf

Scroll down to page 6 and start reading. You'll find that testing goes on a LOT more than what you suggest. All players are tested in Pre-season. Players are tested who want to be signed by clubs and haven't been tested in the previous 4 months.

Oh, as for refusing or skipping a test, here's what it says on page 10:

Failure or Refusal to Test: The Medical Advisor will be
responsible for scheduling all Tests and for ensuring that players
are notified when individual Testing will take place. No test may
be scheduled for a time that is more than 24 hours after
notification. Players will have 4 hours from the time of the
scheduled test to produce a specimen. A player who fails or refuses
to appear for required Testing at the time selected by the Medical
Advisor without a valid reason as approved by the Medical
Advisor, or fails to cooperate fully in the Testing process
as
determined by the Medical Advisor, or provides a dilute specimen
(as determined in accordance with the procedures set forth in
Appendix A-1), will be treated as having a Positive Test. In
addition, a deliberate effort to substitute or adulterate a specimen;
or to alter a Test result; or to engage in prohibited doping
methods will be treated as a Positive Test and may subject a
player to additional discipline by the Commissioner.

And reading further, once you test positive you enter into the "Intervention Stages". And there you can be tested as little or as much as is deemed necessary by the Medical Director.

So, you acting like there aren't some pretty harsh consequences and that testing positive for a PED is no big deal is way off base. It's a big deal.

For what it's worth, 1,3 dimethylamylamine are on the list of nfl banned substances. It was originally designed as a nasal decongestent (like synephrine) but was also included in an extremely popular pre-workout supplement, Jack3d. The FDA took steps to ban DMMT earlier this year because some ******ed kids in NZ started doing rails of the crap while drinking, and in the words of Bill Hicks, lightened the world. It is still on a whole bunch of shelves, but is banned by WADA and consequently the NFL. It is an extremely popular and common supplement. It's not the sole purpose of the powder, as that's largely to enhance the delivery of creatine to the muscles through an arginine dosage. In short, it's a powder designed to get you bouncing off the walls, give you bigger pumps, and put more water in your cells. It's sold as a way of increasing your workout capacity, and it does give you some artificial inflation. Having taken the stuff, I can say with certainty that it works and works well. It makes you a little stronger, absolutely does contribute to endurance, and gives you really good focus. It will help you lift heavier, more explosively, and for longer. Logically, it's perfect for football training. While it is effective, it is far from juice, HGH, or andro.

I think a lot of these suspensions are coming from something along the lines of jack3d. Aderal sounds like a dumb move, workout supplement sounds like your injecting deca into your ass. Juice is actually bad for sports like football where you need significant tendon strength, and juice really does make you weaker. It's easier to spin stuff as Aderal than it is to say it was a workout supplement, and I think that pre-workout supplements have something to do with this.

Last edited:
Re: Wow, Adderall

Wait! Isn't this Adderal the name of Princess Leia's planet that Darth Vader blew up with the Death Star?

Wait! Isn't this Adderal the name of Princess Leia's planet that Darth Vader blew up with the Death Star?

I'm not happy with just a four game ban, but that seems a little strong too me. That's zero-tolerance I suppose.

No it isn't, Adderall is an ADD drug comprised of amphetamine salts. Players are most likely saying its Adderall to save face because I don't think the NFL can announce what they actually tested positive for.

Is this similar to bath salts? Will he turn into Michael Jackson and start eating people? Zombie like?

Darth Vader was very overprotective of Adderal users getting anywhere near his daughter.

Regards,
Chris

The adderall ;) outbreak continues. When will Godell put an end to this madness?

Not good. (2) of the toughest games coming up too. I hope the 3rd and 4th stringers are up to the task.

What ever happened to Myron Pryor?

Since Myron Pryor was kept on PUP for the year and not activated, his contract rolls over another year and he does not become a free agent in February like he was supposed to, he will still be the property of the NEP until February of 2014.

Of course, that is assuming that they still want him. They may at least keep him throughout TC for potential camp fodder at the very least, or he may actually be able to finally stay healthy enough to try and play for an entire year.

Wow. You don't know much about the league's PEDs program. According to Section 39, Article 7 (b), the league is using the 2010 Policy and Program for Substance Abuse with the addendum to do blood testing for HGH (which isn't in force yet).

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/PlayerDevelopment/2010 Drug Policy.pdf

Scroll down to page 6 and start reading. You'll find that testing goes on a LOT more than what you suggest. All players are tested in Pre-season. Players are tested who want to be signed by clubs and haven't been tested in the previous 4 months.

Oh, as for refusing or skipping a test, here's what it says on page 10:

And reading further, once you test positive you enter into the "Intervention Stages". And there you can be tested as little or as much as is deemed necessary by the Medical Director.

So, you acting like there aren't some pretty harsh consequences and that testing positive for a PED is no big deal is way off base. It's a big deal.

That section on page 10 (3(f)) applies only to those already in the intervention program. Section 3 on page 8 begins by saying:

Application: The following Testing procedures are applicable to
all Testing performed in all Stages of the Intervention Program

Stage one intervention ends after 90 days E(1)(h)(1) pg. 14:

Time Limitation: Players will remain in Stage One for a
period not to exceed 90 days; provided, however, that the
Medical Director, in verbal consultation with the Medical
Advisor, may extend the total time a player is in Stage One
up to six months.

If they fail to get dismissed from stage one and advance to stage two, they are then subject to random testing for a total of 2 years at which point E[2](d):

: A player who completes Stage Two
without being advanced to Stage Three will be afforded the same
status as a player who had never by Behavior or a Positive Test
been referred to the Intervention Stages.

if you listen to the JRE podcast with Victor Conte that I linked to a few pages ago he talks extensively about the following loophole:

All players in an Intervention Stage who become unavailable for Testing
due to travel, temporary or permanent change of residence, prior
commitments, or otherwise, are required to notify the Medical Advisor in
advance of such unavailability so that the Medical Advisor can schedule
accordingly if such request is reasonable.

Basically he said that steroids are primarily taken in the offseason, with the effects lasting well into the season but the ability to test positive ending just before preseason testing starts. EPO, the second most popular PED can be taken right before gameday (when no testing is conducted) and be gone by Monday morning (the earliest point at which a player can be tested again.

He specifically said that zero testing goes on in the offseason since the league usually doesn't bother and when they do for intervention stage players the player can simply be "out of town" and unable to reschedule until it's out of his system and the MA can't do much about it.

This all adds up to the reality that hardly anyone in the NFL ever gets popped twice (I can't think of anyone can you?) and only the real unlucky/stupid few manage to get caught.

I'll link it again since it's worth a listen if you can get by all the Rogan nonsense:

JRE #277 - Victor Conte, Brian Redban on Vimeo

like the Olympics, what's on paper about the testing program doesn't necessarily reflect the practice in reality. on paper the Olympics used to have some of the most rigorous standards imagineable, when in reality athletes were given advanced notice, could skip events where testing would be conducted, had virtually no supervision while testing and tests were frequently thrown out. The "discretion" it refers to is reportedly as lax as can be, which makes sense considering how few of them get caught.

Last edited:
The adderall ;) outbreak continues. When will Godell put an end to this madness?

heh...heh heh....hahahahahahahaha....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

..Omissioner!!! I have the new reports you asked for, sir...does this mean you will be sinking the rest of your 10 million dollar contract into Shire Pharmaceuticals, sir??? Can I get in on it??? we're gonna get filthy RICH on all these NFL fan $uckers!...

shire.png

That section on page 10 (3(f)) applies only to those already in the intervention program. Section 3 on page 8 begins by saying:

Yep. And you skipped right over the part where every player gets tested during preseason or prior to signing a contract if they haven't had a test in the last 4 months. Good job there.

I'll link it again since it's worth a listen if you can get by all the Rogan nonsense:

JRE #277 - Victor Conte, Brian Redban on Vimeo

like the Olympics, what's on paper about the testing program doesn't necessarily reflect the practice in reality. on paper the Olympics used to have some of the most rigorous standards imagineable, when in reality athletes were given advanced notice, could skip events where testing would be conducted, had virtually no supervision while testing and tests were frequently thrown out. The "discretion" it refers to is reportedly as lax as can be, which makes sense considering how few of them get caught.

Of course you think your link is worth listening to. It's from Victor Conte. A confessed drug peddler. I think I'll believe what I know to be fact instead of some lying sack of garbage who tainted the MLB.

Also, Tanard Jackson says "HI". He was the last person to be suspended for a 2nd positive drug test after entering the "Intervention" program.

Yep. And you skipped right over the part where every player gets tested during preseason or prior to signing a contract if they haven't had a test in the last 4 months. Good job there.

How does this fact contradict anything I've said so far? Are you under the impression that I claimed players never get tested? What are you even talking about? why don't you settle down a bit before going full lolDeus on me.

Of course you think your link is worth listening to. It's from Victor Conte. A confessed drug peddler. I think I'll believe what I know to be fact instead of some lying sack of garbage who tainted the MLB.

The fact that he's a "confessed drug peddler" really has no bearing on his knowledge of the NFL testing program. In fact his experience makes him extremely qualified to comment on it since he knows exactly how it works. Unless you can contradict something he says or specifically demonstrate why his past undermines what he says about it this is nothing more than a very obvious ad hom.

Also, Tanard Jackson says "HI". He was the last person to be suspended for a 2nd positive drug test after entering the "Intervention" program.

the point was that Occam's dictates that the rarity of the event is due to insufficient testing rather than extraordinary efficacy of the program.

For what it's worth, 1,3 dimethylamylamine are on the list of nfl banned substances. It was originally designed as a nasal decongestent (like synephrine) but was also included in an extremely popular pre-workout supplement, Jack3d. The FDA took steps to ban DMMT earlier this year because some ******ed kids in NZ started doing rails of the crap while drinking, and in the words of Bill Hicks, lightened the world. It is still on a whole bunch of shelves, but is banned by WADA and consequently the NFL. It is an extremely popular and common supplement. It's not the sole purpose of the powder, as that's largely to enhance the delivery of creatine to the muscles through an arginine dosage. In short, it's a powder designed to get you bouncing off the walls, give you bigger pumps, and put more water in your cells. It's sold as a way of increasing your workout capacity, and it does give you some artificial inflation. Having taken the stuff, I can say with certainty that it works and works well. It makes you a little stronger, absolutely does contribute to endurance, and gives you really good focus. It will help you lift heavier, more explosively, and for longer. Logically, it's perfect for football training. While it is effective, it is far from juice, HGH, or andro.

I think a lot of these suspensions are coming from something along the lines of jack3d. Aderal sounds like a dumb move, workout supplement sounds like your injecting deca into your ass. Juice is actually bad for sports like football where you need significant tendon strength, and juice really does make you weaker. It's easier to spin stuff as Aderal than it is to say it was a workout supplement, and I think that pre-workout supplements have something to do with this.
I'm on board with this. I'm sure some of these guys aren't the brightest bulbs on the board and they don't even know that DMAA is banned. They probably think - sh#t, I can buy it online or at my local supplement store so it must be legal. In post game locker rooms look behind the players and into their lockers. Everyone has some sort of supplement in there. I've seen Con-Crete in Mayo's locker, Assault in Gronkowski's...heck, Gronkowski's doing adds for Six Start Nutrition (MuscleTech's "bargain" brand) and Spikes is shilling for Rivalus...I would bet dollars to doughnuts that if you saw inside everyone's locker you'd see at least a few with supplements containing DMAA and the guys using it probably don't even know it is banned....
Personally, I have about 25 tubs of pre workouts with DMAA sitting in my storage room in my cellar, and I just bought some DMAA pills. The stuff works, period, but of course, leave it to a bunch of idiots to ruin it for everyone else...same thing with ephedra....

Last edited:
Breer tweeted that while adderall is the culprit in many cases, he knows for a fact it isn't in all of them. That said, adderall itself belongs on the banned list absent a diagnosed need and prescription for it because of the difference in effect it has on those who need it vs. those who don't. Supposedly one of the Seattle CB's is planning to base his appeal on the accidental ingestion defense...which isn't a viable defense according to the NFL.

LaCanfora retweeted this explanation of what adderall does and doesn't do as well as what unprescribed off label use or overuse can do or lead to.

Renowned Sports Psychologist Explains Effects of Adderall | The Football Girl - Because Women Love Football Too

You can get the same kick from a triple espresso.

Rogan nonsense?! Whatcho talking bout Tyrone? You realize he's a comedian right? Listened to the Conte podcast and IIRC he basically says drug testing these days is an IQ test. You fail you're a dummy.

Rogan nonsense?! Whatcho talking bout Tyrone? You realize he's a comedian right? Listened to the Conte podcast and IIRC he basically says drug testing these days is an IQ test. You fail you're a dummy.

I just meant he has a tendency to get sidetracked and say some silly things, was more of a disclaimer knowing he's not everyone's cup of tea

Don't be hatin on Rogan, son. #DEATHSQUAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference