PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham suspended(mega merge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players keep getting busted for adderall because they're often using it for in-the-club and not on-field performance enhancement.

Actually, we have no idea what they're being busted for. The NFL does not say what they were busted for. The players and their agents say they were busted for adderall because the general public views it as relatively benign. But they could have been busted for the most godawful form of horse steroid, say it was adderall, and we'll never know because the NFL cannot say what the test really turned up.

In other words, take these adderall claims with a total grain of salt.

If it is PED's, why only a four game ban. Should be at least a couple of years.

Not talking about Cunningham specifically but more generally.

Final thought. Is the NFL becoming the Tour De France? :) :mad:

BECOMING??????????

The 70 Steelers say hi.

The only time I will ever believe it is actually Adderall is if they suspension is shortened or overturned.

Paging a Jake Bequette. . . .

Please pick up the red, silver, and blue courtesy phone. . . .

Call for Mr. Bequette. . . .

It's debatable how much it would help someone without an attentional disorder in these situations. There's a reason why college kids tend to use it for marathon cramming sessions or making it through class hungover -- it's definitely effective at counteracting the effects of things like sleep deprivation, but has diminished returns when you're functioning normally. And if it really helps all that much when you're functioning normally, than you probably have an attentional disorder.
Speaking from experience (though from many years ago), and as someone who doesn't have an attention disorder (nor an unlimited attention span), it helps. You do get diminishing returns if you take it regularly, but occasionally used it can give you OCD-like focus.

What ever happened to Myron Pryor?

Actually, we have no idea what they're being busted for. The NFL does not say what they were busted for. The players and their agents say they were busted for adderall because the general public views it as relatively benign. But they could have been busted for the most godawful form of horse steroid, say it was adderall, and we'll never know because the NFL cannot say what the test really turned up.

In other words, take these adderall claims with a total grain of salt.

In the NFL these days, nothing stays secret for long. Too much media scrutiny. So the NFL doesn't officially state what substances players test positive for -- why wouldn't that get leaked like everything else?

He was drafted for and hoped to be the answer to the pass rush issues. ...

Who'd have guessed that, between Carlos Dunlap and Cunningham, the later would be the first suspended by the NFL.

Last edited:
Re: Wow, Adderall

Cunningham looked a lot bigger this year.

Too bad he couldn't do it naturally

Can Hightower take Cunninghams reps? Or is that out of position for him? Bequette would be the longterm answer though I suppose......

Speaking from experience (though from many years ago), and as someone who doesn't have an attention disorder (nor an unlimited attention span), it helps. You do get diminishing returns if you take it regularly, but occasionally used it can give you OCD-like focus.

Self-reported personal experiences are next to worthless when it comes to determining a drugs efficacy. Hence the reason for controlled double-blind testing.

what a moron...when will these players ever learn?

learn what though? a guy like Cunningham goes from being a bubble player to a potentially lucrative free agency by risking the 1 in a 1000 chance he gets caught. Every player in the league who faces the same calculus will make that same choice.

From what I've heard you can skip up to three tests before getting suspension and you only get tested something like a maximum of two times a year so I think the only stupid move here was managing to get caught.

even after getting caught now he'll only miss 4 games and can probably roid up for the rest of his career without getting caught again.

Last edited:

Reiss had a bit on himSunday; looks like slow recovery:

11. The Patriots had hoped that defensive lineman Myron Pryor would be ready to practice after opening the year on the physically unable to perform list, and things had been heading in that direction before Pryor had a setback. That adds context to another lost year for the 2009 sixth-round draft choice, and also leaves the Patriots thinner than desired at defensive tackle behind stud Vince Wilfork, where Kyle Love, Brandon Deaderick and Ron Brace fill out the depth chart. That's a spot the Patriots, who also hoped free-agent signee Jonathan Fanene would help, figure to address in the offseason.

Self-reported personal experiences are next to worthless when it comes to determining a drugs efficacy. Hence the reason for controlled double-blind testing.
I guess Cunningham didn't read the results of the studies and ended up taking a banned substance anyway.

I guess Cunningham didn't read the results of the studies and ended up taking a banned substance anyway.

Players take/do a lot of things they think will help them that don't. Virtually none of the legal supplements they take do anything, good or bad. And then you have the players in baseball wearing things with titanium or magnets in them. Whatever happened to the good-old-days of live chicken sacrificing?

This is frustrating.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. I definitely think there's an "everyone does it, but the dummies get caught" aspect to this. At this point I would not be surprised at any other name that comes down the suspension pipe.

Is it just me or does Edelperson look more ripped & buffed this season? :eek:

Wasn't healthy enough to come off the PUP list. Just like Ballard. And, as such, they've had their contracts extended by a year...

He should have used the Whizzinator-lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye