PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeopardy hates the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously you people...do you have to be bitter towards everyone? Jeopardy? Seriously?? Do you know how petty you sound?

It wasn't phrased in a way that said "The Patriots videotaped the practice." It was phrased in a way that simply said implied that was the object of the lawsuit.

You really need to let go...

No, it was phrased in a way that implied the suit was correct.

Nittany, why don't you play in the middle of a busy street?

I'm not sure when Jeopardy has the obligation to clarify everything on their show. That's why they said "he sued them for this" instead of "this team actually did this." It's not like they need to qualify every clue for over-sensitive people.

Pats fan poster castlelong1 sued this person for raping 20 toddlers.

Who is nittanylions52?

Hey, rapist, honestly, do you think you reputation was damaged by them not mentioning the outcome of the suit, or are you such a hater as to think that'd be OK?

I've been a lurker there for a while (under a different ID), but it's fairly well-known among the posters there that the writing staff's skillz in certain categories could easily be improved. This is just another c**p clue, in my book.

"ex-ram Willie Gary sued this team for videotaping a 2002 pre-Super Bowl practice."

Nothing wrong there at all.

"ex-ram Willie Gary sued this person for murdering ten young children during a 2002 pre-school massacre."

Nothing wrong there either. It's alright, no need to clarify if his allegations were proven or not. :rolleyes:

I suppose I could sue Alex Trebek for causing emotional distress by having carnal relations with my poodle.

It might get thrown out, but it would still be a legitimate question.

Thank you Jeopardy for providing proof of injury to the reputation. Now Bob Kraft can sue the filers of that frivolous law suit.

Very true. File that away under "defamation suit". Nice of the Herald and Tomase to admit they're guilty, too. Kinda greases the skids there.

Am I wrong in thinking the guy didn't sue us he just attempted to sue us?

and didn't he reneg the suite on his own?

SO I can start a law suite I know I can't win.....Decide later I don't want to go thru with the suite and reneg before anything happens including my spending a dime.
But than I can turnaround and say I sued.

If that is the case I have a lot of suites I would like to file and reneg on just so I can than write a book that says I sued X for doing this awful thing. and it would be true

they just had an answer to "what team got sued for filming the rams practice" that is not the whole thing, but that is the bottom line. this is what bob kraft was talking about, how the people will remember the allegations but not the truth

Pats has been on media radar screen for many months. I'm not surprised to see it on Jeopardy show.

It's sad that they didn't have the 'right' info.

All it said was that he sued them. The clue implied nothing about whether the suit was correct or not.

Any intelligent person, if they didn't know the outcome of a previously mentioned lawsuit, would look it up and find out who won, what happened to it, etc. Any intelligent person would not assume that just because there was a lawsuit about it means it is legitimate.

I'm glad there are so many intelligent people here.

How many people have the time to look up the result of legal-questions on Jeopardy? I guess they would also look up why Kelvin Samson was let go from IU. That was a question last night too. There was a question about St. Bernards, they must look up why those dogs were bred to be rescue animals...Sure.

All it said was that he sued them. The clue implied nothing about whether the suit was correct or not.

Any intelligent person, if they didn't know the outcome of a previously mentioned lawsuit, would look it up and find out who won, what happened to it, etc. Any intelligent person would not assume that just because there was a lawsuit about it means it is legitimate.

"ex-ram Willie Gary sued this team for videotaping a 2002 pre-Super Bowl practice."

Note that it does not say "allegedly videotaping". The word videotaping in that question is declarative. That means it is used in the context of stating a fact.

Am I wrong in thinking the guy didn't sue us he just attempted to sue us?

and didn't he reneg the suite on his own?

That's what I thought too:confused:
I guess if he actually filed it, then technically it means he sued.

Last edited:

Here's the deal, newbie. The Patriots have become the media's darling for false accusations. So much so, that I submit that the people of power (patsfans authorities) should start a thread with a sticky and the members should post all the false accusations, out of context quotes, and yellow journalism written about the Patriots in the last year. That is why members are getting hot over a Jeopardy show. Maybe when its completed it can be emailed to ESPN and the Herald.

they just had an answer to "what team got sued for filming the rams practice" that is not the whole thing, but that is the bottom line. this is what bob kraft was talking about, how the people will remember the allegations but not the truth

the Jeopardy question is unfair and sad and reflects very poorly on the show's Producers, but IMO kraft has himself to blame in part for what he describes. to my mind, as i have said out here for months, the Pats made the incomprehensibly bad decision to allow false accusations and rumors to hang out there indefinitely without an aggressive media campaign to refute them within a few hours of their publication. eventually, they even left it to the good folks of this board to create the "truth" web site this Spring that they should have put up themselves by the second week of september.

on tuesday of the week that this story first broke, i wrote out here that the pats should hire a damage control expert and go into crisis mode immediately. in this era of 24/7, internet-fueled newscycles, the first rule of crisis management is never to allow an unfounded charge to stand for a few hours (let alone for months on end) because the media will start reporting fiction as fact when they know you aren't going to fight back. this was never clearer than on the day of walsh's "testimony" to goodell when schlereth et al spouted lies for hours that were soon taken up by Sen. Specter and repeated in his own news conference.

I guess in your world everyone is erudite. I live on Earth.

Are you a rapist or a child molester?
A: He was sued by castleong1 for raping 19 toddlers.
Q: Who is NittanyLions52?

Last edited:

We already know the outcome of that lawsuit- it was a B-U-S-T. We already know who won-nobody. There's really nothing else to know, is there.

"ex Ram Willie Gary sued this team for videotaping a 2002 SB practice blahblah, then later withdrew the suit." Nobody here would have issue with that wording, let's see if you can figure out why that is.

You can let Jeopardy know how you feel about it, clickity.

I wonder if Willie Gary will complain about the question. They just referred to him as an "Ex Ram," not by his proper title of "all-world safety." :rolleyes:

I forget if his lawyer referred to him that way or if it was actually in the lawsuit.

Sean Connery: "I'll take The Rapist for $200, Alex."

Alex Trebek: :rolleyes: (sigh) "That's Therapist."

----

Sean Connery: "I'll take Anal Bum Cover for $200, Alex."

Alex Trebek: :mad: "That's An Album Cover!"

----

Sean Connery: "I'll take Jap Anus Relations for $200, Alex."

Alex Trebek: :enranged: "That's Japan/U.S. Relations!"

----
Regards,
Chris

Last edited:

----

----

----
Regards,
Chris

Alex Trebek : "Name this continent....ASIA.....lets hear it again...ASIA....no one knows....simply stunning..."

Last edited:
Here's the deal, newbie. The Patriots have become the media's darling for false accusations. So much so, that I submit that the people of power (patsfans authorities) should start a thread with a sticky and the members should post all the false accusations, out of context quotes, and yellow journalism written about the Patriots in the last year. That is why members are getting hot over a Jeopardy show. Maybe when its completed it can be emailed to ESPN and the Herald.

Now Jeopardy is part of the media. I've heard everything. And every little clue on their show should be clear and concise - several paragraphs long if need be - to make sure there can be no doubt about the factual content of the information. Because, after-all, jeopardy isn't a gameshow, it's post-secondary education for morons around the continent.

----

----

----
Regards,
Chris

Intelligent comment at last. Thank you. :rofl:

Now Jeopardy is part of the media. I've heard everything. And every little clue on their show should be clear and concise - several paragraphs long if need be - to make sure there can be no doubt about the factual content of the information. Because, after-all, jeopardy isn't a gameshow, it's post-secondary education for morons around the continent.

Never said Jeopardy was part of the media. READ SLOWER AND PRONOUNCE EACH WORD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft