PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe: nfl declined to comment 4x on Harris comment about Gronk's knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as Harris is a boastful bigmouth, I really didn't see a big issue with what he said.

We are all hyper-sensitve to players going after Gronk's knees but unfortunately it is legal and part of the game

you're missing the point....it's all about getting like this via any means possible
86bea861a1845d37a67fc0f8a596e115.jpg

I hate to say it but Edelman needs to start getting down and not go for as many yac's he's too important to the team. I'd rather see him on the field than on the sideline with an injury.
Brady pretty much said the same thing on weei last fall.

Why should the NFL comment? It's a legal hit. It probably shouldn't be, but that's a separate issue, and everyone knew the Broncos go after knees as a practice anyway. Given that it's legal, there's really nothing requiring intervention from the league here.

If the Pats want that behavior policed, they're going to have to do it themselves by warning the Broncos that for every cheap shot they take, they'll deliver two. If the Broncos know that targeting knees is going to turn into a war of attrition, leaving the winner too crippled to compete in the Super Bowl, maybe that'll stop them.

Agree, the Patriots need to apply hockey's unwritten code of conduct, similar to Sean Connery's in The Untouchables. You take out one of ours, we take out ten of yours. Don't bother counting on the league for anything other than lies.

Brady pretty much said the same thing on weei last fall.

He also said it this past week during the game, more or less. One of the mic'd up conversations was him telling Edelman to just make the catch and get down. It seemed more in context of helping him avoid drops from turning upfield too early, but I'm betting it also applies to avoiding big hits.

it wont be a story till a patriot player ends another teams players career with a legal shot to the knee, at which point the patriots will lose a third first round pick, and bb will be forced into retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back