PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Fisher co-chair of the competition committee says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher let on that some of the evidence goes back to last yr and that there may even have been IT guys involved.

IT guys? What does that mean?

Apparently it's the same guy who got chased out of Lambeau, all the while cussing out the team security. Maybe felt invincible.
None of us yet know how it all went down, but, yeah, I'd have gone nutso trying to get away with the tape if I were him.
Probably woulda got a nice bonus if I'd managed to get away from security and destroy the tape or whatnot.

Jeez louise, you want this guy to go Mission Impossible on their azzes?? You guys are delusional!

This is such a f*cking mountain out of a molehill. I would be saying that about any other team, including the Colts. Did that videocameraman make those reads on the field with Brady finding recievers?
No, but a few times he was seen mouthing "their bringing 6", and astonishingly, Brady took even MORE NOTES while waiting around in the pocket for Randy to get open.:bricks:

I'd bet the Colts did the same thing to us. These past games it seemed like they knew when we were going to run everytime.
No silly, last lost to the Colts, the canned excuses were:

3.) Too Hot
2.) Suffering from the Flu
1.) Cheater Refs

Get it right!

I have a bad feeling about where this is going. F*ck me, I really do.

If it's just that guy on the sidelines with his little camera trying to decipher defensive calls, that's one thing. If this is mic'd up players and all that other NSA sh*t, Bill could be gone by October. Not trying to be a Chicken Little, but if this is a serious thing with multiple different angles on getting those signals, I don't think that Kraft would have any choice.

Trust me. Kraft already has no choice.

He can't fire Belichick. Kraft isn't stupid either. He knows he can't fire Belichick.

Re: Jeff Fisher co chair of the competition committee says

Get real and stick to the issue at hand. It is not Fisher's integrity in question here.

I understand you guys are blinded by the homer glasses but this is a far bigger issue than you seem to realizie.

This is an embarassment to the game and there will be a price to pay, not only in penalties but in the reputation of the Patriots.

This firestorm has only begun.

The only firestorm there is going to be is when LT complains after the game that the Pats were deliberately running up the score.

Last edited:

You are so CORRECT in your statement that this thing is getting way out of control. All of a sudden, Fischer, Polian etc know nothing about ever trying to steal signs. The game will NEVER be forfeited. This is the biggest fictional thing that is floating out there. That ain't going to happen. BB may be suspended several games.....but that is unlikely...........Giving up a second rounder and perhaps a late rounder...and a whole bunch of fines......is VERY LIKELY to happen if they are indeed found to be in the wrong....again. I think what bothers me most here is the ignorance and arrogance of BB and/or his coaching staff to "go back to the well" after getting nabbed on this once before..........with supposedly the same jackoff working the camera.....I mean seriously....how stupid do you have to be?
I have a hard time believing that you all actually believe that EVERY TEAM sends cameramen to the opponents sideline. Trying to scout teams, players, playcalls, tendancies, etc..., that's one thing, but potentially stealing frequency chatter and directly violating an NFL rule? That's another. If other teams went THAT FAR, don't you think they would take the high road?? Pats perhaps, WENT TOO FAR.

Have you guys seen what Mark Schlereth (ex-Bronco and long time Patriot-hater on ESPN) said?
He says that this is blatant cheating and it tarnishes the Patriots Super Bowl Trifecta. It can be seen on ESPN video. This seems horrible...this is America's Team! On 9/11! I haven't felt this sick since 2mins left in the AFCCG.

The photos of this Pat employee are now on teams MB around the league. A jet fan from NJ sent the commissioner the photos of the camera man directly filming the Jet staff while the Pats were on O and he stopped filming when the Jets were on O. ESPN has recieved the same copies and several AFC teams have removed them from threads.

Jet fan sites are posting them everwhere and the pictures are quite clear and clearly identify Mr. Estrella and his sound man next to him. Moreover, the audioman was supposed to have an orange jacket on and he removed it and out it in a backpack with several HD audio recording equipment.

This is an exerpt from the Jets sideline reporter examining the evidence of the Jet fans photos sent to the commissioner.

These are quotes fror rorjets, who is the official JI photographer, so his posts carry some weight here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorjets
Interesting quotes from Kraft - there is NO flat out denial in any of his comments from that story, or from any Patriot officials that I have read. If this is just a bunch of bull do-do, why not come out and say so. This is a classic CYA approach that Kraft has taken.

As far as the photos that Fish provided, let me just add what I know for sure as a sideline phtographer. All still photographers are required to wear the red vests that you see in the photos. The only other video/film people allowed on the sidelines during the game, as far as I know, are the network people covering the game, and the NFL film crew. You can clearly see the NFL crew cameraman in Fish 's JPEG 147; he is near the 30 yard marker in the orange vest kneeling and shooting towards the coaches. The network guys are on the big camera dollies that move up and down the sidelines. I don't remember a network guy hand-holding a camera on the sideline, that is usually done when there is sideline reporters working the game. So who is that guy with the brown shirt? His credential is too small to be network. Now, there is the possibility he works for the local affiliate, which would be CBS in NYC, as I believe they are also granted access during the game. However, the sound guy with the boom is a mystery, as they mostly use those for interviews. Otherwise they use the parabolic booms along the sidelines.

The question arose as to why they would be on the Jets sideline as opposed to the Patriots. One reason is that the area between the 30 yard lines is off limits to all but team members, so it would require a very powerful telephoto lense to shoot hand signals with enough clarity of image from across the field and beyond the 30 yard marker. It doesn't appear to me that the camera he is holding would deliver that kind of imagery. And remember, you are allowed to move from sideline to sideline during commercial breaks, so they could have moved around abit.

Quote:
IMO that camera, with the lens it has on it, would probably not provide a sharp enough image from across the field to easily discern hand signals. The image quality from that distance (60 -70 yards, maybe?) wouldn't be much better then what the coaches along the opposing sideline could see with the naked eye.

However, from the Jets sideline, where they are positioned in Fish's photos, they could get excellent image quality, and could probably focus in on just the mid-torso with the arms & hands promenently displayed. This would allow quick analysis of the hand signals.

I still haven't heard a definitive report as to where they (or he) was caught on the field.

Quote:
I just heard on ESPN that the cameraman was caught on the Jets side. I would say that Fish's photos are the SMOKING GUN Evidence, with the cameraman obviously focusing on the defensive coaches

Last edited:
I think it is becoming obvious that the league has a little more than just video taped evidence. Fisher let on that some of the evidence goes back to last yr and that there may even have been IT guys involved. He made no mention whether they were PAT employees. But that angle is also being looked into. The rest of the interview is scheduled to air later tonight.

This is going to break huge this week.

I'll call bullshi.t right there meatball

I work with some of the Kraft Group's IT and they have far better things to do than conspire to steal Mangina's pizza orders

GFY Oiler fan...

The photos of this Pat employee are now on teams MB around the league. A jet fan from NJ sent the commissioner the photos of the camera man directly filming the Jet staff while the Pats were on O and he stopped filming when the Jets were on O. ESPN has recieved the same copies and several AFC teams have removed them from threads.

Jet fan sites are posting them everwhere and the pictures are quite clear and clearly identify Mr. Estrella and his sound man next to him. Moreover, the audioman was supposed to have an orange jacket on and he removed it and out it in a backpack with several HD audio recording equipment.

you stupid f

that image came from HERE

the cameraman--Estrella--was on the PATRIOTS sideline

go away

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151112

here are the exact photos sent to Fox, sportsline/cbs, NBC ABC and the NFL this afternoon.

The man in the dark shirt and beige shorts is confirmed to be Mr Estrella and the man next to him is the audio man found to have his orange vest in a napsack. Also Mr Estrella was supposed to have had a red vest on and he did not.

The evidence on Mr Estrella's camera is now in Goodell office and all reports are that BB was behind the idea of taping. Estrella also has told league officials he has done this many times since 2004.

you stupid f

that image came from HERE

the cameraman--Estrella--was on the PATRIOTS sideline

go away
not true. You will see that as soon as tomorrow. Estrella was found on the Jet sideline according to league security. This was confirmed to all competition committee members and the commissioner. The audio and video evidence matches this man to the the footage.

Have you guys seen what Mark Schlereth (ex-Bronco and long time Patriot-hater on ESPN) said?
He says that this is blatant cheating and it tarnishes the Patriots Super Bowl Trifecta. It can be seen on ESPN video. This seems horrible...this is America's Team! On 9/11! I haven't felt this sick since 2mins left in the AFCCG.
You mean the guy whose only claim to fame (as an average offensive lineman) was blocking for John Elway and Terrell Davis when they won two Super Bowls by cheating on the salary cap by paying those two guys $29M in deferred, off the books compensation?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

Last edited:
http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151112

here are the exact photos sent to Fox, sportsline/cbs, NBC ABC and the NFL this afternoon.

The man in the dark shirt and beige shorts is confirmed to be Mr Estrella and the man next to him is the audio man found to have his orange vest in a napsack. Also Mr Estrella was supposed to have had a red vest on and he did not.

The evidence on Mr Estrella's camera is now in Goodell office and all reports are that BB was behind the idea of taping. Estrella also has told league officials he has done this many times since 2004.

THAT PICTURE CAME FROM PATSFANS.COM

ursa99 captured the image and posted it in a thread yesterday--'touchdown.org' snagged it and photoshopped their URL onto it and it has been all over the web

the cameraman was NOT this guy and was NOT on the Jets sideline!

there has been no offical statement of the content if any of the camera footage--you are deliberately regurgitating hearsay from other messageboards

STOP

the has been NO official statement by Goodell

Why in the world would the commissioner care about pictures of the cameraman, when they already have the tape?

not true. You will see that as soon as tomorrow. Estrella was found on the Jet sideline according to league security. This was confirmed to all competition committee members and the commissioner. The audio and video evidence matches this man to the the footage.

You are sir, an idiot. Even if the Patriots did this...that is surely not the culprit. Really, they put the guy on the Jet sideline no more than 10 freaking feet from Mangina? Wow, your idiocy is truly astounding.

Honestly, if the Pats have been getting away with putting cameramen ten yards away on the same sideline as their opponents, not only do they not deserve to be punished, they should be celebrated for their utter chutzpah.

Checked Tennessean blogs and a tennessee fan site, no mention of Fisher comments anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes