PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Fisher co-chair of the competition committee says

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's not a difference between a famous NFL FOOTBALL COACH, who is ON the Competition Committee, and said his piece ON TELEVISION - and a bunch of people on a messageboard writing posts?

Are you SERIOUS with this crap comparison ? Good CHRIST, are you ******ed?
Huh?

Yeah - I'm ******ed for thinking that Jeff Fischer has more details regarding this issue than the collective genius on patsfans.com. Did I miss something? ...pass me the bong.

1 BoltFan

make sure ya'll come back now
Especially Sunday nite to take your medicine
"Talk" to you then

Probably didn't read it. I really like Jeff Fischer and am not sure what you are referring to. I get sick at the idea that a player or coach would knowingly injure another team's star players. I love the NFL and used to think of the Patriots as one of my 'other' favorite teams. I dreamed of a day when MY team could celebrate a Tom Brady type of story... I just hate to see the poor sportsmanship taking down the best sports league in the world. I really do feel bad for what you guys are going through.

But whatever... I still hope the Chargers shove the ball down your throats. The best thing about all this crap is that Patriot Nation will have an excuse for why they got drilled. I can't wait. :mad:
:rolleyes:
I'm calling it right now. When you twits lose on Sunday, you'll be back here going on how that Pats found some "new" way to "cheat" with the entire league watching.
See you then.

It was HGH fool. Get your facts straight. 4 games is about what the same Merrigirl got for his banned substance? Atleast our player was going through reconstructive need surgery while taking his. Doesn't make it right but don't be a hyprocrite when it comes to cheating you cowardly - - - - -.

I know what it was. A banned substance he admitted taking. Merriman is one of a growing group of athletes who insists he must have gotten a tainted supplement. He tested clean all but once and wanted to sue the manufacturer of the supplement company. Rather than focus on that, he's trying to play past it. Should he test positive again, I'd call for his banishment from the league.

But it is convenient for you haters to tell yourself it was clear cut cheating on his part. But it is okay for Rodney because he manned up and admitted he cheated.

Quite a pattern developing here eh? Yeah, we cheated. We're sorry. Get over it. We're the Pats and your all jealous. :bricks:

Quite a pattern developing here eh? Yeah, we cheated. We're sorry. Get over it. We're the Pats and your all jealous. :bricks:

I'm actually enjoying being the new edition of the big and bad RAIDERS

I think that when Bill made the deal with the devil for Randy we became the Evil Empire of Football.

A new plot for a trip to the Super Bowl

Three games to Fire and Brimstone !

Same as I did on the Chicago board. I prefer football talk to smack. ...though smack is fun too...

Smack's great. It's too bad the mods on your board make you leave your board to speak it though.

Football Talk

Both teams will run up and down the field posting 24 - 35 points. But the chances are greater that the Patriots will make one more defensive stop on the Chargers than the Chargers will make on the Patriots. More seasoned veterans on the Pats defense.

Smack

Your offense is lead by a guy without a brain (LT) and you think you can win??

Smack's great. It's too bad the mods on your board make you leave your board to speak it though.
Never noticed that. I've seen enough over there, but will be back on it in the morning. I just enjoy talking football with other fans. I had a ball on the Bears forum and went back to congratulate them on a great game and an unbelievable defense.

You guys tend to be a bit over the top, but this is great entertainment no matter what gets said. I tried posting in the 'football talk' thread, but its buried under the morass...

How do Charger fans feel about Junior playing here and looking as good as he is.

Football Talk

Both teams will run up and down the field posting 24 - 35 points. But the chances are greater that the Patriots will make one more defensive stop on the Chargers than the Chargers will make on the Patriots. More seasoned veterans on the Pats defense.

Smack

Your offense is lead by a guy without a brain (LT) and you think you can win??
I think you need to get a great game from Watson and hope to exploit the middle of our secondary (which is likely to be much better than last year). Good TE's have success against the Chargers. Brady won't have all day to wait for Moss to outrun 3 fuggin defenders... wow, how bad is the Jets pass rush? Can the Pats stuff the box as effectively as Chicago did last week? I don't think they have enough speed in their LB corps to run the same defense, so no, not as well.

In past games with the Pats, the Chargers have had great success running the ball. That likely won't change. Norv stayed committed to the run last week in spite of Tomlison's 1 YPC average and wore down a dominant defense. Turner stated that they didn't show much on the field last week and have a lot more offense in store this week. What does he have? no idea.

To win, the Pats may have to jump out to a quick lead and pour it on by exposing our secondary - which is very possible, I admit. If the Chargers are in it and running the ball with any success in the 4th quarter, they won't cough up a fur ball like last year. If that playoff game did anything for the Chargers, it exposed their maturity level. In one game against Chicago, they showed an improvement in this area. They had every reason to implode after that bad non-call/turnover on the goal line.

Marty's failure to give the ball to LT in the second half last year is unforgivable. He was fired for good reason. Norv will get more out of this team's offensive firepower. Question is, is it enough to overcome the Patriots offensive fire power?

I'm ready! Is it Sunday?

Can the Pats stuff the box as effectively as Chicago did last week? I don't think they have enough speed in their LB corps to run the same defense, so no, not as well.

That is what the new defense (with AD) is all about
The Pats front 7 will keep LT to 90 yards but they will be between the 20's

Last edited:
How do Charger fans feel about Junior playing here and looking as good as he is.

Junior was a tremendous physical talent. I'd never call him the smartest player though. (see last week's offside penalty) He's never run a blitz he didn't telegraph before coming. As he got old, he lost his effectiveness at being all that disruptive.

Letting Rodney go was one of the worst moves I'd seen in recent memory. With Junior going to Miami, I wasn't all that bent. He can't survive a season and hasn't in something like six years. He wants a SB ring. Otherwise he'd be in SD banging on all the 'talent' he could nail. Best of luck to him. He's a great player who's past his prime.

Re: Jeff Fisher co chair of the competition committee says

It an embarassment, but everyone is missing the point. The problem needs to be dealt with on a far higher level than punishing one team.

Don't tell me you think the Chargers don't have guys filming the other team. I understand; the Pats got caught and will be punished.

The biggest issue they need to deal with is how to make sure whatever the ruling they make today is enforced from now on.

I know the Pats got caught and others did not, but to say that this shows how the Pats are scum means you are simply ignorant to how every other team in the league acts.

You do realize that the Patriots in particular were warned before the season right? This is not the first incident they have been accused of , just the first with physical evidence,

That is what makes this blatant disregard for the rules particularily disturbing.

Can the Pats stuff the box as effectively as Chicago did last week? I don't think they have enough speed in their LB corps to run the same defense, so no, not as well.

You're funny! Calling LT a man without a brain! I just noticed that after I got done suggestion Seau was too dumb to play well once his body started wearing out.

Say whatever you want about LT. You know the truth.

1 BoltFan

Wow you do know your football. And you are really good in how you present it.

I hope I enjoy the game sunday nite more than you do.
But if the Pats win or lose come back Sunday - I'd really like to hear your input. (With and without the smack)

I hope Junior has learned from BB how not to telegraph his blitz. I've never noticed. But I'm going to watch Sunday. But I do think it is a great thing to say about him is that a team with 3 Rings will take in a downside over the hill player and make him captain. There must be something in the water in NE to rejuvinate him

That is what the new defense (with AD) is all about
The Pats front 7 will keep LT to 90 yards but they will be between the 20's

Please... That is what Chicago's fans said too... They shut down LT alright. Except for those two TD's he posted.

Your missing two keys to your starting D. Not what you wanted. To win, the Pats will have to grind up and down the field and keep the Chargers offense off of it. I'm not sure they can. I suspect the Pats will get some big plays that lead to some TD's, but I also think the Chargers can do a lot of clock grinding for scores and wear down your D.

1 BoltFan

Wow you do know your football. And you are really good in how you present it.

I hope I enjoy the game sunday nite more than you do.
But if the Pats win or lose come back Sunday - I'd really like to hear your input. (With and without the smack)

I hope Junior has learned from BB how not to telegraph his blitz. I've never noticed. But I'm going to watch Sunday. But I do think it is a great thing to say about him is that a team with 3 Rings will take in a downside over the hill player and make him captain. There must be something in the water in NE to rejuvinate him
With Junior, you can count on heart. The dude bleeds football passion. That is why you got to love Junior Seau. He's great. It will be fun to finally see him play against the Chargers. Harrison and Seau have never played against the Chargers since they were let go. They've always been injured when their old team comes to town.

In my simpleton opinion - I don't think that the Patriots will worry much about stopping the passing game of the chargers. So - you are right they will let the SD running game eat up the clock. That is how they won the 3 SB. The other team usually had the ball longer. Keep it close for 3 and 1/2 periods and then let Brady win it.
It is the rope a dope on the football field

The key to watch for is scoring plays by SD of over 40 yards.
If there is 1 or less - the Pats win.

Teams bog down against the Pats inside the 25. You don't need great speed or great athletes because the limited amount of ground to cover becomes the 12th man for the Pats. All they need are tought SOB's on defense and that is what they have. Which is why if you go by stats the Pats Defense is around the middle. But in scoring against for the past 6 years they are at or near the top
It's not pretty - but it works.
The weakness is in long touchdown plays and if LT is running he won't run for 40 yard TD's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft