PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Demps returning to Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sources suck. Ian Rappaport? The Crap sheet?
Now think $$$. Name 2 track meets. Name 1 that pays. (With potential sponsorships, I'll give you the Olympics -but at once every four years can you name a second that'll pay in the off years?)

I do not doubt that Demps wants to run track and turn his silver into gold, but I also want to do dancing with the stars.

In the end $$$ will out. It usually does.

Atleast this means most likely Woody's back. I like the four man rbbc of Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Bolden anyway.

Isn't Woodhead now a Charger or did I miss something here? :confused:

If Demps really leaves, all BB will do is put him on "RESERVE: DID NOT REPORT FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS" list -- ans squat on his rights until the urge to RUN gets purged from Demps' system. If he plays in the nFL, he'll play for the Pats who just paid him >0.5 million for resting his butt in IR.
Yeah, exactly. If Demps is playing in the NFL at all, then he's playing for the Pats. He could, however, in theory show up in week 6 or so and the Pats would have to either cut him or add him to the active roster. If he really plans on missing the entire offseason and then first 3-5 games a season, then he's probably not going to have an NFL career ever.

If he really plans on missing the entire offseason and then first 3-5 games a season, then he's probably not going to have an NFL career ever.

and it sounds like he doesn't have an issue with this

You want to throw your hands up and be mad at the guy, but in the end it doesn't seem like he really cares about football.

That's honestly his call, as strange as it may seem to us.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt, Demps.. You'll never step foot on a football field unless you accommodate the Patriots. I'm sure they'll let you out of your contract if you return the money....

Not only are these posts a month old, they are very misinformed (or I am). From what I understand Demps only wanted to run this spring in Europe. There was never any question of him missing any Mandatory OTA's or TC. This issue here is opinion of some about whether he should be away from Foxboro AT ALL this off season. Its NEVER been about whether he planned to play football this fall.

Its not like he's going to get out of shape running track. The issue is which would be more beneficial, running track or lifting weights. And its not like sprinters don't lift weighst. Its more an issue of whether gaining 10lbs of muscle would benefit his game. I'm not sure it would make that big a difference in his particular game. They aren't going to ask him to get more than 10 touches a game.

Since the most recent news is that he doesn't expect to return to the Patriots until the NFL season has been underway for a few games, my guess is that in this case you're the one who's misinformed. :)

Not only are these posts a month old, they are very misinformed (or I am). From what I understand Demps only wanted to run this spring in Europe. There was never any question of him missing any Mandatory OTA's or TC. This issue here is opinion of some about whether he should be away from Foxboro AT ALL this off season. Its NEVER been about whether he planned to play football this fall.

Its not like he's going to get out of shape running track. The issue is which would be more beneficial, running track or lifting weights. And its not like sprinters don't lift weighst. Its more an issue of whether gaining 10lbs of muscle would benefit his game. I'm not sure it would make that big a difference in his particular game. They aren't going to ask him to get more than 10 touches a game.

If Demps insists on following a T&F career then my only message to him is good luck and good bye Jeff.

Well, at least he's following his heart and not the money. But it's a shame he's not dedicated to football. It would've been fun to watch him in a Pats uniform. No way the Pats are going to hold a roster spot for him six games into the season.

Well, at least he's following his heart and not the money. But it's a shame he's not dedicated to football. It would've been fun to watch him in a Pats uniform. No way the Pats are going to hold a roster spot for him six games into the season.

I agree with that sentiment. If he has a passion for T&F then I respect his pursuit of that. The Patriots knew, I believe, he would remain in pursuit of a T&F career but decided to take a shot anyway. Oh well. It cost the Patriots virtually nothing, to date he contributed nothing on the field, the story of his decision is almost a nothing story and his loss is close to meaning nothing (except on this board where the endless promising possibilities of his talent will be missed).
Unless pursuit of T&F is something he quickly reconsiders (though feeling free to pursue it in a small offseason window), good luck and buh bye to Jeff Demps. I suspect he will be back ringing the NFL's doorbell promising a higher level of devotion in the not too distant future. The opportunities afforded from an NFL career, even a short one, is something I suspect will become more desirable once the world comes into better view just as college becomes more of a distant memory.

Six games sounds like a perfect PUP slot, stashed away in case there are injuries to others. Can they do that?

-- FRITZ

I agree with that sentiment. If he has a passion for T&F then I respect his pursuit of that. The Patriots knew, I believe, he would remain in pursuit of a T&F career but decided to take a shot anyway. Oh well. It cost the Patriots virtually nothing, to date he contributed nothing on the field, the story of his decision is almost a nothing story and his loss is close to meaning nothing (except on this board where the endless promising possibilities of his talent will be missed).
Unless pursuit of T&F is something he quickly reconsiders (though feeling free to pursue it in a small offseason window), good luck and buh bye to Jeff Demps. I suspect he will be back ringing the NFL's doorbell promising a higher level of devotion in the not too distant future. The opportunities afforded from an NFL career, even a short one, is something I suspect will become more desirable once the world comes into better view just as college becomes more of a distant memory.
Gentlemen, we are in agreement. You can't help what you are. If Demps' heart is in track he's better off following that dream.

Won't fault Demps for being true to himself and sticking with his dream. That being said, he insists that he still wants to play football, and if that's the case, he better take note of Brian Waters to see how that's going to play out.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt, Demps.. You'll never step foot on a football field unless you accommodate the Patriots. I'm sure they'll let you out of your contract if you return the money....

It's not like the guy is being an ******* about money. Your tone implies that the guy is a douche bag for not wanting to sacrifice his dream and play in the NFL.

Would you write the same **** about a guy quitting his job at the post office to pursue his dream of becoming a trail guide or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News