PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Cutler to Bears for Orton, 2 firsts, third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cutler to Da Bears

The Donkeys can still try to trade #48 for Quinn. With 2 1st rounders they can then address defense in the 1st.

I'll be eager to see how Cutler fares in at Soldier's Field in December.

Yup, Orton with Josh is a winner - that will be novel for Denver.

Especially with targets like Marshall and Royal!

At the Bears, who did Orton have to pass to last season. Hester?? Whoop!

Re: OT: Jay Cutler to Bears for Orton, 2 firsts, third

Man it is too bad Cassell didn't have one more year left instead of the Franchise number we could have gotten something close to this (Something between the 34 we got and this deal)

Josh McDaniels should be wearing a mask and carrying a gun...wow...

I agree completely. I hate Denver, happy for Josh, f the Broncos.:mad:

WEEI says Den get Orton 2009 1st 2010 1st

Chi gets Cutler and Den 2009 3rd.

Last edited:

there is no 5th in the trade from what i heard Cutler condtional 2010 3rd for Orton and 2 1sts . that is still robbery on denvers part

The Donkeys can still try to trade #48 for Quinn. With 2 1st rounders they can then address defense in the 1st.

Because it's cold in Chi?? it's pretty cold in Den in Dec too.

The Bears get the more talented QB, but they had to pay a hefty price for him. I'm kind of surprised really. I just never pictured the Bears as a team that would go out and GET that franchise QB, even though they've needed one desperately for the past several years.

I still don't like crybaby Cutler and the way he forced himself out of town over 'hurt feelings'. I think the 'hurt feelings' has to do more with the big contract extension he wasn't getting in Denver. Good luck to the Bears when they have to pay out on that too! But on the surface, good deal for both teams. The Bears needed him, and Denver gets a bevy of top choices plus Orton to fill the gap until they develop their next franchise QB.

Why in the world would the Browns give up Quinn for a 2nd round pick when A) They spent a 1st round pick to acquire him and B) It looks like Derek Anderson is not the answer in Cleveland? Come on guys let's not assume these team GMs are all stupid. That trade makes no sense whatsoever for the Browns.

Last edited:

WEEI says Den get Otron 2009 1st 2010 1st

Wash gets Cutler and Den 2009 3rd.

Wash??? (10chars.)

Because their WR suck and there's no Shanahan running the offense there. I'll be curious too - Cutler should be careful what he wishes for.

Bears two first round 09 10 and Orton

Denver gives Cutler and a 3rd in 2009

as per Espn

Last edited:

I guess the market for Jay Cutler, even though teams knew he had no desire to play there was much bigger and of higher value to other teams than Cassel?

Because their WR suck and there's no Shanahan running the offense there. I'll be curious too - Cutler should be careful what he wishes for.

This I know, I was wondering about his December qualification thats all.

The broncos had more leverage than the Pats, they do not have the salary cap issues the Pats had when Cassel signed.

Based on inital reports Denver holds these picks now....
12 18 48 79 84 ? Right? :mad::mad::mad:

What a great move by Josh. Orton is not great, but Josh made Cassel lots better so he can probably do the same with Orton, and they get 2 first round picks!!! They can now add 2 huge pieces to their defense and they can add 2 more next year. I can't believe the Bears gave up so much.

Last edited:

Cold, yes. But not quite the same as the bitter wind whipping off of Lake Michigan into the wind tunnel called Soldier's Field. Add some snow or ice and poor visibility, and it's not exactly a passing man's heaven. Sort of like the conditions in which the Pats destroyed Arizona last year, but worse. It's a good test of a QB's composure and poise, which Cassel passed brilliantly. I'm not sure Cutler has that kind of composure and poise.

Sirius NFL is reporting the Bears giving up

2009 1st and 3rd and Orton
2010 1st

I think its a good move for both teams, the bears finally have a quarterback. Broncos have high peaks to improve the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents