PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Cutler to Bears for Orton, 2 firsts, third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Jay Cutler to Bears for Orton, 2 firsts, third

So much for the rush to judgement crowd castigating Josh on missing Cassel. Remember he was competing with BB's buddy and sorta genius Scott Pioli in that game. Josh done really, really good for himself. Got rid of the whiner and got himself lots of picks to build the D. Damn him.

Yep. You just know he's sitting back, enjoying a cigar with Pat Bowlen, and laughing it up right now.

Just watching Willie Mac taking a pop at Cutler on Wednesdays Total Access.

I can't wait to see JC get chased by Jared Allen for 2 games a season, while he tries to pass to awful recievers! (Y)

I can't believe what Chicago gave up for a guy who hasn't played a playoff game.

I can't believe what Chicago gave up for a guy who hasn't played a playoff game.

And has a losing record. Crazy.

And if you add in the fact that he's starting in front of Grossman, that's 3 number 1 picks to get a starting QB. Wow. Compare to the Patriots, who know how to develop a QB.

I just saw this posted on Chiefsplanet:

Denver had deal for Brady Quinn, but Cleveland got cold feet.
Denver wanted Orton over Cambell, so no deal with the Skins.

according to dan patrick - via an agent

It's hard to win on a team that has no defense and no running game. Anyone who's watched Cutler knows he's one of the better young QB's in the game. I'm not saying he's going to win a Super Bowl but what do you want the Bears to do, stick with Orton? Draft someone completely unproven and will probably be getting paid around the same amount as Cutler right now?

Admittedly the Bears have been in trouble at QB for decades and Cutler is a huge leap forward. But there's potential for substantial downside and I'd be surprised if that wasn't realized.

And for McDaniels's coup de grace: Ron Turner, the QB coach in Chicago pissed off Cutler during college recruiting by pulling his scholarship offer before Cutler visited Illinois. Cutler had already turned down several schools.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Does Chicago fire Turner?

ProFootballTalk.com - Cutler, Ron Turner Have Rocky History

Underscores the old adage, be careful what you wish for...LOL

And for McDaniels's coup de grace: Ron Turner, the QB coach in Chicago pissed off Cutler during college recruiting by pulling his scholarship offer before Cutler visited Illinois. Cutler had already turned down several schools.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Does Chicago fire Turner?

ProFootballTalk.com - Cutler, Ron Turner Have Rocky History

This has been absolutely amusing to watch. Cutler is the most crybaby, sensitive, immature QB of his generation.

Apparently agreeing on compensation was only one aspect of finding a trading partner for crybaby...

"NFL sources said the Bears were among the most aggressive teams in pursuit of Cutler, but they were hardly alone. Washington, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Cleveland and the New York Jets all tried to seal a deal. The Browns might have won the sweepstakes had Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, not also represented Brett Favre. The longtime Packers star didn't mesh last year with Jets coach Eric Mangini, who was fired and landed in Cleveland.

Mangini reportedly was willing to give up Brady Quinn in a deal for Cutler. Quinn, who played for former Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis at Notre Dame, might have been a good fit in McDaniels' system. But Cook made it clear when talks began that Cutler wanted no part of Mangini, and fears that he wouldn't report to the Browns shut down that deal."

Is Cutler the answer to Bears' history of QB woes? :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bears

LOL They must have snuck Turner under the radar... Of course Ratgini is denying to anyone who will listen he had any interest in Cutler... And the reports that Bus' Cook's assertation Jay had no interest in Cleveland based on Brett's inability to mesh with Tubbyratfink simply can't be true - Eric named a kid after Brett for God sakes... :rofl:

Last edited:

This gift keeps on giving. LOL

This gift keeps on giving. LOL
I've rather enjoyed the soap opera play which is Jay Cutler. It's amusing to see my 2 year old cousin is more intelligent than a 25 year old sook.

Broncos have done exceptionally well from this scenario. The extra picks put them in a very strong drafting position, something which needed to be addressed.

I'll give the guy one thing, he doesn't let people push him around.

mb0tg3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick