PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor not ready to retire, considering the Patriots again next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree and he's numbers look all pro this year 99 tackels 1.5 sacks 3 INT 2 FF

he is a start in the makeing

No question. In the few times I have watched the Texans play, he flies to the ball. He sticks out...

Eff him. :eek:

This record is getting really boring..... jason who? sheesh die already....

Yawn...is it bedtime yet?

Don't want him. I was one of the biggest Jason Taylor fans prior to this season but after that slap in the face he gave to New England by opting out and signing back with a mediocre Miami team just to leave his legacy in good grace with fairweater Phin fans just pissed me off on the highest level. Screw him.

We aren't the ugly girl who gets excited because a guy hints he might ask her out only to be stood up once again.

It was a nice idea the first time, Jason.

Re: Jason Taylor not ready to retire,Considering the Patriots again next season

What kind of a professional makes such statements in the midst of preparing for a game against the very team that he might consider next season?

A LOSER

He can GFH for all I care, he's a waste of sper*

Kind of arrogant on his part to assume there will be any interest in him next year and why on earth make this statement this week?

Sounds like either someone's not very happy, or not very bright when it comes to running his mouth with the media.

Either way, let him stay where he'll have a nice tan next year.

Personally the Jason Taylor thing tires me as much as the Favre retirement thing every year.

Breer had an interesting writeup, though :

Could the Patriots revisit Jason Taylor? - Extra Points - Boston.com

The most interesting part :

"2) He's keeping his options open: Last year, I was told that Taylor, personally, loved the idea of playing in New England, but at the wire, family considerations kept him home. I'm now told that it would be "easier" for Taylor to leave this year than it was last year."

Last edited:
With the pats youth movement it's hard to imagine signing Taylor who's production has declined ever since becoming a professional dancer.

Personally the Jason Taylor thing tires me as much as the Favre retirement thing every year.

Breer had an interesting writeup, though :

Could the Patriots revisit Jason Taylor? - Extra Points - Boston.com

The most interesting part :

"2) He's keeping his options open: Last year, I was told that Taylor, personally, loved the idea of playing in New England, but at the wire, family considerations kept him home. I'm now told that it would be "easier" for Taylor to leave this year than it was last year."

Again, no thank you. Taylor is better with his hand on the ground as a speed rusher than he is standing up and egaging blockers. I saw enough of him this year to know that the team does not need him.

Again, no thank you. Taylor is better with his hand on the ground as a speed rusher than he is standing up and egaging blockers. I saw enough of him this year to know that the team does not need him.

I think its worth a shot, BB loves the guy. Even though he is getting up there in age and his best days are behind him but he can still make plays, why not take a shot at him? I dont think he would be looking for big money so why not take the risk? He would provide leadership for the defense and make a few plays here and there.

I cant see him coming to NE though, I think this is his last season and he will probably end his career as a Dolphin.

I guess I look to 2010 and don't care at all who Taylor played for last year.
======================================================

Belichick has a budget for linebackers and pass-rushing DE/OLB's.
We have five position roster spots for these positions.
We had Banta-Cain, Burgess, Thomas, Ninkovich and Woods in 2009.
We currently have Ninkovich and Crable.
=========================================================

If Taylor's agent called Belichick on March 5th, only an emotional fool would think that Belichick wouldn't talk to Taylor and his agent. Taylor is not a 2010 all-pro. But the reality is that we have exactly ZERO OLB's and pass-rushing DE's that we can count on for 2010, ZERO.

Last edited:
I didn't keep an eye on Taylor this year. Anyone know if he can set the edge as an OLB? He's definitely not the answer if we're looking for a pass-rusher (he's still good, but too old).

Last edited:
How many years in a row does Taylor plan to go to this particular well?

no thanks.........the day of patching things for one more year are gone

I'd take Taylor for short money. He is a good leader and can be effective as a situational player. If he is the Pats' solution for a starter to replace Thomas, then I think it is stupid. But as a situational player, he would be a good addition.

Too old, too slow and his time has passes................. NO THANKS.

So is Taylor going to take Seau's place as the veteran that will keep coming back because of BB's man love?

So is Taylor going to take Seau's place as the veteran that will keep coming back because of BB's man love?

guess there always has to be one on the team.......

it all goes back to bryan cox.......the last name says it all

or was it eric bjornson the year before?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes