PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Sanders cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: James sanders cut (merged)

Huh. Pretty suprised by this, but BB is seeing alot more of him than we do. Hope he catches on somewhere else.

Mike Reiss' tweet proves that they released him as a respectful move!

Pats told Sanders they released him now so he could choose where he wanted to play, instead of trading him somewhere out of his control.

RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport
RT @ProFootbalFocus: Sanders had the best coverage numbers of the top 3 Patriots safeties (Chung and Merriweather the other 2) in 2010.

Sanders, always there, but always after the catch. I was indifferent on him, still is.

Mike Reiss' tweet proves that they released him as a respectful move!

Good move. Things like this are why ex-Pats tend to talk very fondly about their time with the Pats, far moreso than you seem to see with other teams. I have to think that that influences veterans' decisionmaking when they sign here.

they're very likely to add someone or re-sign Sanders for less money.
Maybe Ras-I will play some safety.

Agreed. There is a decent cap savings. I'm just hoping he's not injured to the point it's going to keep him from signing with someone. Hopefully this will slow down all the Meriweather hate.

Last edited:

I don't know how much what I am about to say is because of Sanders, but our mid section has been too soft. Teams can just pass to the middle with no fear at all. It needs to change.

But who now will pick Peyton Manning for us ending another futile Colts comeback?

I hear Troy Polamalu and the Steelers can't agree on an extension. I heard BB and Tomlinson are working something out. :p

Schefter just tweeted it.

Hopefully this means we're going after another safety, because as of right now, even if you have faith in Sergio Brown pulling a Kyle Arrington, that leaves 3 capable safeties on the roster, *maybe* 4 if you count Dowling. After watching Ihedigbo on Saturday, I hope he's exclusively a STer, because he has no business playing safety.

I don't have faith in S. Brown. I think he's got a long ways to go. While I'm a huge Ihedigbo fan, he didn't look good at all against Detroit.

BB knows a lot more than I do - and he is the one who gets the up-close look at what is going on in practice... But I would love to hear the reasoning behind this move (is Brown "close enough" in skill, is there someone else who's coming in, are Chung and Merriweather more than we think they are...).

I was worried about the position before this move, even more worried now. But I guess BB is doing "something about it". Hope we get a clearer picture soonish... Or that the DL plans on being ferocious again and limiting the opposing QB's time to throw...

Enjoy Darius and Wilhite.

At least Samuel has a nose for the ball.

Yeah, shame he can't really tackle!

Enjoy Darius and Wilhite.

At least Samuel has a nose for the ball.

Yeah...where was his nose for the ball during black sunday?.

He routinely abandons his responsibility just to go after the ball. He couldn't even cover a 5th string ST WR.

Sanders was supposed to be a leader in the secondary...I guess that did not pan out too well

Is Jarrad Page still unemployed?

Is there any change Ras-I converts to safety now that we have a shortage there?

Sanders was supposed to be a leader in the secondary...I guess that did not pan out too well

Is Jarrad Page still unemployed?

Dream team signed him.

Somewhere in the world at this time DW Toys has opened a bottle of champagne and is getting happy drunk in celebration of this news.

Sanders, always there, but always after the catch. I was indifferent on him, still is.

Same here, and people talk about Merriweather taking bad angles, Sanders I thought took more bad angles than most players on this defense.

Safety is scary thin now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand