PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Jones may have plea deal in place

Once he pleas, how long of a suspension will the NFL impose?

Slide. I get it.

I have trouble processing this issue. When someone does something as stunningly stupid as this, I find it hard to trust that person more globally going forward. This doesn't look like a misstep or an oversight. This looks pathologically stupid. If he can play, he can play, I suppose, but we would do well to keep a close eye on him if he is able to play. Acts at this level of idiocy are rarely an isolated phenomenon.
"Maybe if he gets away with it he will learn his lesson."

I mean, I want him to get off with a slap on the wrist, and do my team some good. But it does seem like a bad way to deal with it, and it's guns in an airport like in 12 monkeys. Never goes well.

What is ambiguous about it? There is 1000 signs at the airport which say you can't.

I have a MA Class A LTC for large capacity firearms and other states as well. You learn that when you get your LTC.

Every state's airport and airline shows the same thing....No firearms on the plane. Period.

Pretty straightforward as long as you can look at pictures and read at a 2nd grade level
Oh, I see now. Youre sayin that Mass gun law works?

id only want hoodlums who are violent criminals to get a max penalty

MA and CA have dumb, draconian, unconstitutional gun laws to begin with...
Thats why I would never live there again.
i certainly wouldnt want a young person to have their life ruined over something as stupid as this
Sounds like he will skate.
if they were a Jete or Chief, I'd be laughing at them not rooting for them to go to prison... with obvious exceptions like a Tyreek Hill or something who beat 3 year olds and break their arms

Oh, I see now. Youre sayin that Mass gun law works?
Works for me but show me one that does work for everyone.

Hint...doesn't exist.

The woman partially responsible for the extended mag ban is the currect governor. Do you think she's going to want to let it slide?
She is also presumably a Patriots fan......and more importantly, I dare say, a MAJORITY of voters in Massachusetts are Patriots fans (shrugs).

Yeah, there are different rules for professional athletes... it is what it is.

a regular Rhodes Scholar and Eagle Scout

Sure...that he isn't, but I am not gonna come down hard on him for flunking out of school and breaking into Panda Express as a twenty year old idiot that was presumably hungry at 3:45AM.....

Maybe. Perhaps he's from a background where daily gun carrying is normal and he just forgot.

I've lost pocket knives twice at airport check-ins because I forgot they were in my carry on.
I get that, but a Glock is a different beastie than a Leatherman Mini (That's what I lost at the airport!). I hope he can carry on with his life and play football, certainly, but it's really hard to square his actions with anything like even the most rudimentary common sense. I guess we know from his past that this isn't the first time he done something really dumb, but then, who hasn't? Here in my dotage, when I think of some of the things I got a pass on as a young fella, I marvel I have made it as far as I have.

In regards to Jack Jones' previous "criminal history"....

1.) He was let go from USC because he was unable to remain academically egilible.

2.) He was arrested for breaking into a Panda Express at 3:45AM. He was then supposed to be sentenced to serve 90 days in jail for felony burglary of less than $950. His lawyer knocked that down to a misdemeanor and he served 45 days of house arrest and 3 years of probation.

3.) He was arrested when he was 20 years old.....
Pretty minor ****

She is also presumably a Patriots fan......and more importantly, I dare say, a MAJORITY of voters in Massachusetts are Patriots fans (shrugs).

Yeah, there are different rules for professional athletes... it is what it is.
The different rules work both ways, because few professions can ban you from working because of something you did in you r personal life.

How do you know that people have done the same and pleaded out without jail time? I think it would be a precedent.
It is not a precedent. People have done the same thing, and pleaded out without jail time before, and will after.

How do I know? Court records. Do your own research.

The real sticking point here is the extended mags which are a big no bueno in MA. Those carry minimum sentences in the state. I don't see how you plead out of mandatory minimums like that.
....by agreeing to a reduced charge in exchange for pleading guilty. Just like everyone else does.

Thats why I would never live there again.

Sounds like he will skate.
He will absolutely skate, just like so many others skate. Gun laws are a wink-nod in this country, even with the ''''''draconian'''''' MA laws.

All I'm saying is that it's not a precedent, by definition. And really, if he played for any other team, probably would avoid a suspension as well.

How about because the laws are stupid and draconian anyway
How about we let the law decide what is stupid and draconian, not us football fans.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back