PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jabar Gaffney was a key player that is missed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please.....just stop with the Galloway had 5 catches so everything is OK nonsense. He had 5 catches because Revis had Moss on lockdown and Welker was not playing....therefore he was the best option.

He was thrown to 12 tims and caught 5.....wow....great game.

What the OP was correct on is that Galloway is not producing as many Pats fans hoped a player with his speed/experience would. It too often looks like Galloway doesn't know all the route perturbations yet.....e.g: he breaks it long while Brady is throwing it to the sideline on a 3rd down play. Dropping passes off his hands is also something not expected. Of the 12 throws to him, not all were catchable, but others were plays to be made that were left on the field.

Bottom line.....the Pats needed him to have a big game and 5 receptions in 12 throws is just not a "big game".

Eddelman caught 8 out of 16 attempts with 1 drop......and he is a rookie in his first start.

Let's hope Galloway starts to really come around. The Pat's need another outside threat.

Galloway was impressive considered that the Jets' defense were double covering him as well. Why do you think Edelman was able to gain 98 yards through the air today?

Gaffney may not have helped much, but he wouldn't have hurt, either.

Maybe I need to start a separate thread, but I feel that we miss Heath Evans more than we miss Gaffney.

I also miss Evans.

A separate thread would be a good idea.

Gaffney may not have helped much, but he wouldn't have hurt, either.

Maybe I need to start a separate thread, but I feel that we miss Heath Evans more than we miss Gaffney.

Say what you want, but the player this offense misses is Jabar Gaffney, Eldeman had a nice outing, but Gaffney was able to be a solid third down reciever.. Galloway is a deep threat, that has been a bust so far.. Brady has thrown 100 passes, and only one I can recall was a deep pass that was picked... With no Welker, a inexperience Eldeman, and a double team of Moss, no one else stepped up, so far this team needs a different option..

Or any similar possession receiver. Why do they keep taking #1's like Stallworth and galloway and try to make them Gaffney's. They aren't good at it, they get frustrated. You need guys who will work to find the spaces, not guys used to running free like thoroughbreds. That's what Moss does.

This is silly. It wasn't Galloway's fault we lost today nor would Gaffney have made a difference.

Three specific plays that Galloway could have made a huge play but Brady didn't deliver:

First half, Galloway beat his man deep middle and Brady underthrew him allowing the safety to make a play. That would have been a sure TD.

3rd quarter, Brady ducks Ellis, steps to the left and had Galloway open with no one in front of him, Brady short arms him.

4th quarter, all out blitz by the Jets on 3rd and long, Brady throws low on a slant, Galloway manages to go down and catch it for a first down. If Brady had hit Galloway on the run, he would have been off to the races because he beat his press coverage.

Brady was off on a lot of his throws yesterday. I don't think Gaffney could have helped.

Last edited:
Say what you want, but the player this offense misses is Jabar Gaffney, Eldeman had a nice outing, but Gaffney was able to be a solid third down reciever.. Galloway is a deep threat, that has been a bust so far.. Brady has thrown 100 passes, and only one I can recall was a deep pass that was picked... With no Welker, a inexperience Eldeman, and a double team of Moss, no one else stepped up, so far this team needs a different option..

Gaffney wanted to stay with the Patriots. All he wanted was a multi-

year contract with a modest bonus. He was a proven quantity.

I really liked Gaffney, but i doubt the teams problems revolve around not having a reciever that caught 3-4 passes a game.

Gaffney wanted to stay with the Patriots. All he wanted was a multi-

year contract with a modest bonus. He was a proven quantity.
I never understood why he wasn't re-signed, he was reliable and cheap.

Did I miss something? Last year, this board was full of people piling on Gaffney...I remember he had pretty big drops that could have been winning TDs. I think it will take game or two for Galloway to fully settle into Pats system. This isn't some machine where you can simple replace parts and it will work fine. Players need time to develop chemistry and learn the system. I mean just by looking at this board, you would think Pats are 1-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft