PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's time for Amendola to step up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This has been a strange year for Danny. He's played 12 games and had 54/633 (that's an average of of 4.5/52.75) with 2 of the 12 games contributing to a third of his production 20/206.

I'm not sure if he's injured but i've seen him the past be a high volume receiver (when healthy). It seems like Tom has lost a bit of trust, especially with mini-tron stepping up, With Gronk out, he's our #2 WR and he needs to come out strong. That means no drops, creating in open space, and making the deep outs. I believe in him, but he's going to have to take advantage of his opportunities this week, he might be the key to a superbowl.

I'm expecting/hoping for at least an 8/80 game.

I dont know if he hasnt been healthy. he looked really good in the Miami game...but he's been playing 3rd WR with the pats going mostly 2 wide the last 2 weeks limiting his snaps.

I do agree though he is going to be an important cog in our offense as I expect teams to key in on Edelman/vereen. So that leaves Thompkins/Amendola up to the task of providing more to the passing offense

Amendola has shown when targeted, he can play really really well. But those targets also go to Jules who does really, really well with the ball. I would expect them to use the run more, and hit amendola and Jules in the pass game. Then maybe a little KT, AD and Hooman sprinkled in.

Amendola's been odd this year. Some games he looks like the #1 WR we paid him to be, and some games he can't get open and is near useless out there. Some believe it's because he's still injured. Who knows, as he's been probable on injury reports.

If he can play like he did vs. Buffalo and Miami, that would be a huge key to the Superbowl. Brady would have three #2 caliber receiving targets (edelman, vereen, amendola), and that would be plenty for the GOAT and the Pats to win the AFC.

Amendola's been odd this year. Some games he looks like the #1 WR we paid him to be, and some games he can't get open and is near useless out there. Some believe it's because he's still injured. Who knows, as he's been probable on injury reports.

If he can play like he did vs. Buffalo and Miami, that would be a huge key to the Superbowl. Brady would have three #2 caliber receiving targets (edelman, vereen, amendola), and that would be plenty for the GOAT and the Pats to win the AFC.

I wonder if that groin is shot. I've had a groin injury and it changes the way you play. Your cuts and lateral movement are severally hampered. After the buffalo game they were saying that he tore his groin pretty badly.

After the buffalo game they were saying that he tore his groin pretty badly.

Reiss said he is still battling it. Sounds like he won't be right until next year.

Amendola has played the whole year injured, save for the first half of week 1. He won't be at his best until next year.

If he's still hampered by it, i wouldn't expect too much from him, unless teams focus too much on Mini-tron and the run game.

If he's still hampered by it, i wouldn't expect too much from him, unless teams focus too much on Mini-tron and the run game.

he had 130 yards just a few weeks ago against the dolphins, 42 in limited snaps against the ravens. he can still perform.

He's been playing with a serious injury all season and it has dramatically affected his ability to make sharp quick cuts, which is essential to his game. he still has decent straight line speed and has been able to make some plays from time to time but he will continue to be hampered by this until he has surgery ion the offseason. he should be back at 100% next season and i think we will see his full skill set then. hopefully he can have an injury free season and a big year production wise.

I'm hoping even more for Thompkins to step up, if given the chance.

He can make the in-traffic tough catch, but it has been awhile since he's been healthy enough to even get a shot at doing that.

In the playoffs isnt it time for everybody to step up? the LB have to compensate for the the spikes loss on top of compensating for already having lost Mayo. The running backs needs to step up with the lack of options inteh passing game while the o-line needs to keep Brady clean better than it did last postseason. Yes Amendola needs to have his best football in these next three games but so does everybody

If you look at Amendola's game logs in prior years that's been his M/O; he has 3-5 really good or even great games and then is mediocre or invisible in the rest of the games. The good news is he tends to go off every 3-4 games so he is due for one this week.

He's been playing with a serious injury all season and it has dramatically affected his ability to make sharp quick cuts, which is essential to his game. he still has decent straight line speed and has been able to make some plays from time to time but he will continue to be hampered by this until he has surgery ion the offseason. he should be back at 100% next season and i think we will see his full skill set then. hopefully he can have an injury free season and a big year production wise.

This Sunday will be 15 weeks since Amendola injured his groin. With the training staff, technology and doctors NFL teams offer I would be really shocked if he is still hindered by that. The recovery time was reported as 2-6 weeks, 6 of the 15 weeks since his injury Amendola has not had to play a game (4 due to injury and 2 due to bye weeks).

Amendola is a streaky player who excels in certain match ups and isn't that effective in others, let's not act like its due to an injury suffered in week 1 of the season when it's been his trend in all 5 of his NFL seasons.

This Sunday will be 15 weeks since Amendola injured his groin. With the training staff, technology and doctors NFL teams offer I would be really shocked if he is still hindered by that. The recovery time was reported as 2-6 weeks, 6 of the 15 weeks since his injury Amendola has not had to play a game (4 due to injury and 2 due to bye weeks).

Amendola is a streaky player who excels in certain match ups and isn't that effective in others, let's not act like its due to an injury suffered in week 1 of the season when it's been his trend in all 5 of his NFL seasons.
Outside of your apparent continual need for attention,I don't find you too abhorrent. ;) In fact, I find some of your comments quite lucid and informative. However on too many occasions you say things that are just SO wrong it just boggles my mind. This is one of them.

If you had any athletic experience at all, or actually moved around enough to ever strain your groin, you'd know that the only short term cure is COMPLETE rest. Now Amendola's injury is reportedly worse than just a mere strain, and he might actually need surgery to completely heal it. He's had very little rest. He was back running in a limited manner a mere week after he saved our asses in Buffalo, and he's been struggling through this season because without him we'd have been totally F'd, if you think about it.

Amendola's ratio of catches to targets leads the team, and he's best on the team when it comes to drops. Clearly this has NOT been the initial season we hoped to get from him, but there have been lots of reasons why. And while not the kind of numbers we hoped for, he hasn't been a disaster either.

What we do know for certain, he's been a tough, gritty player, who has played through a lot to be a critical contributor to this over achieving team. Its alright to be critical of a player, but when you do, come at it from a place of knowledge. If you don't all you are then is another knee jerk whiner/chronic complainer, and we have too many of them already. The fact is you have no idea of the nature of his injury and no idea what he's doing to play through it, and how much it costs him in his execution. If you come forward and let us know that you are one of the Pats trainers or doctors in real life, then I'll issue a full apology,

I would wonder that his streaky performances are due to his snaps and who is playing with him. I would go to bet his targets are lowered because Jules and who is playing. Remember after we lost gronk, amendola had a huge game with Jules. I don't think amendola has been given a large amount of targets or in the game plan as much. Now if we focus on the passing game in the following weeks, I expect amendola and Jules to put up insane production.

I think Danny is healed, we just have used him a lot.

Here are DA's career stats:
Receiving
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2013 New England Patriots 12 54 633 11.7 52.8 57 2 8 1 37 0
2012 St. Louis Rams 11 63 666 10.6 60.5 56 3 5 2 38 2
2011 St. Louis Rams 1 5 45 9.0 45.0 18 0 0 0 3 0
2010 St. Louis Rams 16 85 689 8.1 43.1 36 3 2 0 35 1
2009 St. Louis Rams 14 43 326 7.6 23.3 25 1 1 0 20 1
TOTAL 54 250 2,359 9.4 43.7 57 9 16 3 133 4

-looking at it, he's been consistent with what he's done in the past. I think we expected him to put up Welker numbers now that he's with Brady. Maybe our expectations were too high. Although at times he looks great. I remember watching him in St Louis where he torched the Niners and was like wow this guy makes ridiculous catches, give him a QB and he will be great. He's tough to guage.

He won't be healthy until next year. Hopefully he will fully recover and get back to how he used to be, but there's a chance the groin has permanently effected his route running ability, the quick cuts, etc.

It's pretty obvious, just by looking at him run now versus in game one, that he's still hindered by the groin.

Amendola has his whole career injured, save for the first half of week 1. He won't be at his best until next year.

I fixed it for ya. He was a pretty big disappointment, I believe both Dobson and Thompson would have surpassed him if they had stayed healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back