PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Its official: Chad Ochocinco dealt to Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Its official Ocho dealt to Pats! 3 Year deal

I'm not a big fan of this deal. While I like the work effort, he's no longer a deep threat and that's what we all agree we need. I'm hoping that I'm proven wrong.

Christmas in July! What a day today, now bring me an OLB to give me the last hole I think I am worried about.

Now if he can just remember two things:

How to catch a football when it counts

and

How to keep his effing mouth shut and stop with the self promotion.

I wouldn't bet the my morning coffee money on either....

You run all our moves past the jets fan to decide if you like them?

All our moves :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chad love BB and the pats..he won't have a problem with listening..hanynesworth is the only ? IMO

Last edited:

Now if he can just remember two things:

How to catch a football when it counts

and

How to keep his effing mouth shut and stop with the self promotion.

I wouldn't bet the my morning coffee money on either....

I think a big difference between him in Cinci and him here, is the fact he has huge amounts of respect for BB!

NFL network guys: "Can he keep his mouth shut for 3 years in NE?"

It's a valid question....

Wow, Ocho and Haynesworth. What a test of the locker room and BB's system! One is a notorious malcontent and slacker, one is a media whore. If BB can get these 2 to toe the line and actually use their amazing talents, this could be quite a ride.

Aaron Hernandez is smiling

Lets make a deal!

In all honesty, hopefully Chad Drops the "OchoCinco" BS and decides to catch TDs and win superbowlS.

Oh wait....

» My Interview With Ocho Cinco At SKYY Party In Miami Barstool Sports: Boston

.” A lot of people say my style of play would be weird in that system but the thing they don’t realize is that I don’t have to be Chad Johnson. I don’t have to be Ochocino in the media, because I’m finally getting what I’ve wanted. Winning. Winning. Listen, I create this party, I create this guy that loves football that’s like a little kid out there. I know I get to camp July 26, when January gets here I’m done. So I’m trying to cram as much f##### fun as possible into the games as I can.” Listen, I’m just saying, yo, I wouldn’t have to do that sh##. I wouldn’t have to celebrate. Celebrate for what? I’ll score 30 f###### times! They wouldn’t have a f###### chance! You know? You understand what I’m saying? Belichick knows me, see, this is what I love about the New England Patriots. I’m close to that man on a personal level, they already know that behind the fun, behind the celebrations, they know how hard I work. They’re the ones…they’re the ones ESPN wanna say, ‘Oh he can’t play no more.’ Ask the players there next time you see ‘em. As Belichick next time you see him.”

Last edited:

No more Ochocinco reality show

I wonder what Brady has to say about this

All our moves :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chad love BB and the pats..he won't have a problem with listening..hanynesworth is the only ? IMO

I’m not a fan of the haynsworth move, and I will hate it if/when we have to guarantee his whole year salary, at least with Dillion and Moss, I can understand losing gets to you, this guy seems like a tool!

Last edited:

Love this one, but still can't ever root for Haynesworth.

Oh lord, really??? So, I guess you won't be rooting for him to sack Sanchez on 3d down? I for one never bought into the BS that the Patriots were better PEOPLE than their opponents. BB is building the best FOOTBALL TEAM. If some of the guys, or all of the guys are bad guys, I couldn't care less, as long as they can play.

I'm not a big fan of this deal. While I like the work effort, he's no longer a deep threat and that's what we all agree we need. I'm hoping that I'm proven wrong.

Sorry, but no, we all don't agree on that.. But thanks for trying to speak for everyone...

Chad is still a threat as a pass catcher. If you believe otherwise, so be it. The Pats have a full arsenal now of weapons for Brady and should be able to over-come just about any injury to their receiving corps.

I’m not a fan of the haynsworth move, and I will hate it if/when we have to guarantee his whole year salary, at least with Dillion and Moss, I can understand losing gets to you, this guy seems like a tool!

I agree. All day I have been trying to look at the upside of the deal, and then I hear about all the crap this guy has done. This dude has ISSUES. I'm not crazy about it at all. We didn't give up much, but I still don't think he's worth the risk. I sure hope that I'm wrong.

Belichick needs to tell this Prima Donna to CAN it with the Twitter crap.

Knowing that Ocho is a Twitterholic it would be impossible,He would rather retire.

In fact BB should ban all these players from Twitter until February.

Mr. Hollywood Comedian needs to change his ways and get down to some serious play at WR.

Great Day!!!!!!! So excited for this season!!

Chad Ochocinco - WR - Patriots

Patriots acquired Chad Ochocinco from the Bengals for late-round picks in 2012 and 2013.
Ochocinco, who was due $6 million, has agreed to a new a three-year contract. The Patriots have yet to make waves in free agency, but they've bought dirt cheap on a pair of impact veterans who will be revitalized after escaping football purgatory. Ochocinco and coach Bill Belichick have long formed a mutual admiration society, so this deal is no surprise. While Ocho is no longer a true downfield threat, he's still one of the best route runners in the league while adding much-needed size. The trade is great news for his fantasy value, and it wouldn't be a surprise if he finished 2011 as Tom Brady's most productive receiver.

LATE ROUND PICKS

Last edited:

Oh I almost forgot...WELCOME TO NEW ENGLAND CHAD...:rocker:
It was long overdue.. :D

Last edited:

I agree. All day I have been trying to look at the upside of the deal, and then I hear about all the crap this guy has done. This dude has ISSUES. I'm not crazy about it at all. We didn't give up much, but I still don't think he's worth the risk. I sure hope that I'm wrong.

Given the alternatives (clearly declining Stroud, G. Warren, Brace), why is giving up a 5th two years down the road too much of a risk?

Who was our 'deep threat' in 2001, 2003, and 2004? David Patten?

FredTaylorMade Fred Taylor
by tomecurran@
@ochocinco Fam, you're going to a great place bro. Take #advantage. You gonna love TB12. Enjoy the ride fam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe