PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Official: Big Bang Clock is NFL's Dumbest Football Player

“You gotta end people’s careers.

You gotta tear peoples ACLs . Mess up people's knees. You can't him them high anymore. You've just got to go low."

Read more: Brandon Meriweather rips Brandon Marshall, calls Bears receiver a woman beater* - NY Daily News

You're ignoring context.

“To be honest, man, you’ve just got to go low now, man,” Meriweather said. “You’ve got to end people’s careers, you know? You’ve got to tear people’s ACLs and mess up people’s knees now. You can’t hit them high no more. You’ve just got to go low.”

People here are acting as if the Keller and Cobb plays didn't happen.

That's just what he intends to do, i don't see where you get intent from that?

Well played! Not sure Deus will understand what just happened there!. :D

Last edited:
Well played! Not sure Deus will understand what just happened there. :D

Since he's got that poster on ignore and, therefore, doesn't see the post, probably not.

lmao-Ivan thinks it is really funny that Deus is now referring to himself in the thrid person. Ivan thinks that only a douchebag would do that.

OK, your previous post was a classic. How 'bout you leave it at that and not get into the namecalling?

OK, your previous post was a classic. How 'bout you leave it at that and not get into the namecalling?

C'mon. Ivan clearly had no intent to injure Deus. :D

Big Bang Clock's statements are being taken out of context. For those that have even rudimentary reading comprehension skills, it is clear that he is saying that an increase in torn ACLs and other potentially career-threatening injuries resulting from hits to the legs will be a natural consequence of the league policy to suspend players for hitting up high. Sensationalist journalism (is there any other kind these days?) at its worst, and you guys licked it right up.

Big Bang Clock's statements are being taken out of context. For those that have even rudimentary reading comprehension skills, it is clear that he is saying that an increase in torn ACLs and other potentially career-threatening injuries resulting from hits to the legs will be a natural consequence of the league policy to suspend players for hitting up high. Sensationalist journalism (is there any other kind these days?) at its worst, and you guys licked it right up.

Just look at it as a kind of self fulfilling prophecy. The Party Starter is simply stating a fact, knee injuries will go up since they won't let him take the head out anymore. Just stating the facts, don't hate the playah..........

There's plenty of body in between the head and the knees, that you don't understand this just shows that you aren't bothering to think at all.

If players were interested in actually tackling the other player this wouldn't be an issue, the problem is caused in part because players usually just try to launch their bodies into the other player to hurt him, and doing that at the knees doesn't draw a flag so it becomes a good business move to do so.

If the refs went after deliberate knee shots like they did head shots you'd see them get back to real tackling.

I just can't fathom how anyone who has played the game, even at a High School level can expect a defensive player making a tackle to stop and decide where to make the hit, or imply they are purposely hitting an area to injure. Even at the speed of a HS game, your focus is on making the tackle, on a guy who is trying to prevent you from tackling. You use technique as best you can, but it is 95% instinct and trying to make the hardest hit you can, so that you successfully make knock the ball carrier down.
To think that this perfect scenario ever exists where you have the time to think thourgh and execute a form tackle on a guy who isn't trying to escape your hit is ridiculous.
If you take away the high hit, you get more low hits, thats just the way it is.

They are being taken out of context because they were borderline illiterate.
IF (and I believe this is the case) he was trying to say that if you take away the high hit, you encourage the low hit, and the results could end up being even worse, then he is 100% correct.
The problem is his combination of attitude and poor communication skills made it sound almost like a threat. As if "OK if you won't let me go helmet to helmet and knock him out, then I will aim for the knee and end his career". I find it silly to believe that was what he meant.
For the record he said neither, so its up to interpretation.

I just can't fathom how anyone who has played the game, even at a High School level can expect a defensive player making a tackle to stop and decide where to make the hit, or imply they are purposely hitting an area to injure. Even at the speed of a HS game, your focus is on making the tackle, on a guy who is trying to prevent you from tackling. You use technique as best you can, but it is 95% instinct and trying to make the hardest hit you can, so that you successfully make knock the ball carrier down.
To think that this perfect scenario ever exists where you have the time to think thourgh and execute a form tackle on a guy who isn't trying to escape your hit is ridiculous.

Branden Meriweather was clearly going for head shots a couple of weeks ago, and he is clearly saying he's going for the knees from here on out so I guess he would beg to differ. While i agree that most defensive players are trying to tackle the player there are definitely times when they are just trying to injure.

Branden Meriweather was clearly going for head shots a couple of weeks ago, and he is clearly saying he's going for the knees from here on out so I guess he would beg to differ. While i agree that most defensive players are trying to tackle the player there are definitely times when they are just trying to injure.

If you interpret his comments as saying he will intentionally try to end players careers by taking out their knees because the league won't let him give out concussions any longer, then your conclusion is correct.
I just don't buy the assumption you are making to get there.

I also disagree that players are trying to injure. I think you are mistaking making the hardest hit you are capable of (which is good defense) with attempting to injure.

It might be because when I played we spent a lot of time doing tackling drills but if don't actually try to tackle but just launch your body to hit the other player it might be kinda difficult.

MeriweatherOut_original.gif

1merriweather1.gif

2merriweather2.gif

Yet on the other extreme we have a rugby-trained Nate Ebner, who makes beautiful full-speed tackles.

Accidental high/low hits are going to happen sometimes at game speed, but any guy who can't consistently hit a target from the shoulders down to above the knees is just a ****ty tackler.

It might be because when I played we spent a lot of time doing tackling drills but if don't actually try to tackle but just launch your body to hit the other player it might be kinda difficult.

MeriweatherOut_original.gif

1merriweather1.gif

2merriweather2.gif

Yet on the other extreme we have a rugby-trained Nate Ebner, who makes beautiful full-speed tackles.
In the first example he clearly leads with his shoulder, and is using the sideline as part of the tackle.
In the other 2 he is not trying to tackle as much as trying to separate the ball from the player. Safeties are trained to use a hit to separate the receivwer from the ball, not to let them catch it and make a pretty tackle.
Nate Ebner is your example of what a football player should be? Really?

If you interpret his comments as saying he will intentionally try to end players careers by taking out their knees because the league won't let him give out concussions any longer, then your conclusion is correct.
I just don't buy the assumption you are making to get there.

I also disagree that players are trying to injure. I think you are mistaking making the hardest hit you are capable of (which is good defense) with attempting to injure.

I guess we disagree then, because I have clearly seen numerous instances where players on both sides of the ball have tried to injure the other player instead of just making the play. And I do interpret Meriweather's comments in that light, imo that's how ignorant he really is.

I guess we disagree then, because I have clearly seen numerous instances where players on both sides of the ball have tried to injure the other player instead of just making the play. And I do interpret Meriweather's comments in that light, imo that's how ignorant he really is.
That is fine, but I think you are assuming a knowldege of Meriwhether that you don't have to reach your conclusion. Doesn't mean you are wrong, just that your entire argument is based upon guessing you know the intentions of someone you have never met because you think they are stupid or ignorant with no first hand knowledge.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back