PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Official: Big Bang Clock is NFL's Dumbest Football Player

Merriweather is an idiot that probably should have been aborted and Marshall is a woman beater that should have been aborted.

Let them both spout off. They made their bed...

Meriweather is a scumbag. I can't wait until he's banned from the league permanently.

Exactly how i see it. I don't need to read what he said or parse his words, i have seen enough of his headhunting and want him banned. I don't see his play as any different from that of John Scott of the Sabres, who should be banned for life for his hit on Erickson last weekend. the vast majority of players in all sports are able to perform just fine without resorting to career ending dirty hits and cheap shots to get by. Meriweather is a full fledged dirtball and he should be done imo. I'm glad he sucks, at least I can count on his career ending pretty soon either way.

Snake Eyes only wrote what 99.9% of adults know.

You choose to debate it.

Classic. :D

One hit's legal

One hit's not.

Players will go lower to make sure that they make a legal hit. In the process, more shots will be at the lower end, meaning more knees will be at risk. There's nothing to debate: both offensive and defensive players have come out and made this point already. You two are simply posting nonsense. The fact that you claim "99.9% of adults know" as if it's some kind of powerful rejoinder just shows that you aren't bothering to think anymore than he was.

One hit's legal
:)
One hit's not.

Players will go lower to make sure that they make a legal hit. In the process, more shots will be at the lower end, meaning more knees will be at risk.
There's nothing to debate. You two are simply posting nonsense. The fact that you claim "99.9% of adults know" just shows that you aren't bothering to think.

Does that mean we're in the .1 percenters? :)

I remember when they drafted him, even in his first interview I could not understand a single word that he said. Even back then I thought "Isn't the Safety supposed to be the QB of the secondary? How the hell is he going to communicate formations if he can't even speak English?"

History proved me right (that makes one time in total).

One hit's legal

One hit's not.

Players will go lower to make sure that they make a legal hit. In the process, more shots will be at the lower end, meaning more knees will be at risk. There's nothing to debate: both offensive and defensive players have come out and made this point already. You two are simply posting nonsense. The fact that you claim "99.9% of adults know" as if it's some kind of powerful rejoinder just shows that you aren't bothering to think anymore than he was.

There's plenty of body in between the head and the knees, that you don't understand this just shows that you aren't bothering to think at all.

If players were interested in actually tackling the other player this wouldn't be an issue, the problem is caused in part because players usually just try to launch their bodies into the other player to hurt him, and doing that at the knees doesn't draw a flag so it becomes a good business move to do so.

If the refs went after deliberate knee shots like they did head shots you'd see them get back to real tackling.

Snake Eyes only wrote what 99.9% of adults know.

You choose to debate it.

Classic. :D

I'm waiting for him to explain why Rufby players are able to make great tackles on players without going after the head of knees, other than just citing himself as an authority figure and declaring it so;)

There was logic to what he said. The point has been brought up before so he's certainly not the first. He didn't say he wanted to end the careers but that he didn't feel there was another option than to go low.

The Big Bang Clock certainly isn't articulate but the reaction has been a little over the top. You'd think he was actively plotting to end careers whenever he could.

Seriously, folks - - I know the NFL is having its annual Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but is it also "Employ The Mentally Incompetent Month" also?

Brandon Meriweather intends to go low, tear people's ACLs for Washington Redskins | Audibles - SI.com Brandon Meriweather intends to go low, tear people’s ACLs and end careers

1) The ACL threat is going to get a reaction from everyone in the league.

2) Brandon Marshall (who was cleared of any wrongdoing) now has a clearcut slander case possible against perhaps the dumbest human being ever to put on a uniform.

He wasn't cleared. Charges were dropped in one case and charges were dismissed in another because he completed a course....big difference.

I know it's hard to keep them straight. He's got a half a dozen assault/domestic violence incidents in his past...

There's no slander.

I must be one of few, but I don't see the issue with what he said.

He's not going out and saying 'I'm going to intentionally injury everyone'. What he IS saying is, 'fine, if I can't hit high I'm going to go low and potentially injure those I do it to'.

Still, the guy's an idiot. You don't have to hit below the knees...although most coaches condone it when trying to tackle someone considerably bigger than you. You can tackle around the waist.

He could have used his words a lot more wisely and made it sound a whole lot better.

As for the Marshall comments, he wasn't cleared. They were never proven. Whilst he's innocent until proven otherwise, the fact the accusations aren't an isolated incident tends to lead me with one way of thinking...and fair play to Merriweather for pointing it out.

He's not going out and saying 'I'm going to intentionally injury everyone'. What he IS saying is, 'fine, if I can't hit high I'm going to go low and potentially injure those I do it to'.

Really? Where was the word "potentially"? I missed that when I read:
___

"“To be honest, you’ve just got to go low now,” Meriweather said, according to ESPN 980′s Chris Russell. “You gotta end people’s careers.

“You gotta tear people’s ACLs,” Meriweather continued. “Mess up people’s knees. You can’t him them high anymore. You’ve just got to go low.”
___

Maybe he was just misquoted.

Last edited:

Still, the guy's an idiot. You don't have to hit below the knees...although most coaches condone it when trying to tackle someone considerably bigger than you. You can tackle around the waist.

He could have used his words a lot more wisely and made it sound a whole lot better.

As for the Marshall comments, he wasn't cleared. They were never proven. Whilst he's innocent until proven otherwise, the fact the accusations aren't an isolated incident tends to lead me with one way of thinking...and fair play to Merriweather for pointing it out.

He indicated a clear intent to injure, not a desire to tackle lower which might result in a higher likelihood of injury.

Not sure why the media seems to be giving Marshall a pass and claiming he didn't go anything but read this and then tell me if you want him dating your daughter.

As much as Merriweather should join Marshall in hell, he's got a point. This is a partial list of Marshall's endeavors.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny’s restaurant in Orlando, Fla., on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006: Marshall and longtime girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in a long altercation at an Orlando apartment. No arrests or charges were made.

Jan. 1, 2007: Marshall was at the Denver nightclub Shelter with Broncos teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams, attending a birthday party for Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the group left the club in a limousine, Williams was shot fatally in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker later said the shooter was likely another man at the nightclub who was seeking retaliation after an altercation with Marshall's cousin that evening. Marshall testified at the trial of gunman Willie Clark that he helped escalate the dispute that led to Williams' death.

Jan. 24, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police interviewed Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to hit him with his car. His father claimed Marshall had fired a gun. Both men declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: In Atlanta, Watley told police Marshall punched her and took her purse while in a hotel. Marshall was gone before police arrived. No charges were filed.

March 21, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in the same night after two loud arguments. Both said the disturbances were not physical in nature. No arrests or charges were made.

March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in a Denver suburb on suspicion of domestic violence. Watley reported Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house. Marshall completed anger management counseling and the charges were dropped two months later.

June 8, 2007: According to the Denver Post, two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. A friend of Watley’s claimed Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door as Watley was riding in the passenger seat. Watley also told police Marshall cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

June 30, 2007: According to the Denver Post, Watley told Atlanta police Marshall punched and choked her at his condo. She had a bruise and scratches. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Denver and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. He was pulled over driving the wrong way on a one-way street hours after a game. He later pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

March 6, 2008: Marshall was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta after a dispute with Watley. She told police he punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall said he cut his hand on glass.

Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.

March 1, 2009: Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on disorderly conduct charges after allegedly being involved in a dispute with then-fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell, now his wife. Charges were dropped the next day.

Aug. 14, 2009: Marshall was found not guilty on the battery charges from the March 2008 arrest in Atlanta.

April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall “out of self-defense.”

March 2012: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall’s attorney says it was Marshall’s wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.

I saw the clip yesterday, i couldn't believe he was saying what he was. BM is as dumb as a rock and sounded like it too. No offense to Box of Rocks, where ever he may be.

There was logic to what he said. The point has been brought up before so he's certainly not the first. He didn't say he wanted to end the careers but that he didn't feel there was another option than to go low.

The Big Bang Clock certainly isn't articulate but the reaction has been a little over the top. You'd think he was actively plotting to end careers whenever he could.

Meriweather is too stupid to plan anything, however by his actions alone you can tell that he has absolutely no regards whatsoever for the well being of other players as he consistently loads up and goes after their heads. His actions that got him suspended were despicable and the fact that his response to his suspension is to insinuate that if he can't take out their heads he will just go after their knees instead shows that he simply doesn't deserve to be playing pro football. I wish they would ban him for good, he's a piece of garbage.

Meriweather's big mistake was in throwing intent in there. If he'd simply stated "if we're not allowed to go high, then we'll have to go low, and unfortunately that will lead to an increase in knee injuries", he'd be making a good point. Instead he had to be a petulant child about it and just came across as a knee-hunting *******.

Meriweather's big mistake was in throwing intent in there. If he'd simply stated "if we're not allowed to go high, then we'll have to go low, and unfortunately that will lead to an increase in knee injuries", he'd be making a good point. Instead he had to be a petulant child about it and just came across as a knee-hunting *******.

Exactly.

That and a long, clear cut (and filmed) history of stomping/headhunting/launching, etc. is cystal clear.

He didn't throw intent in. People inferred it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back