PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Official: Big Bang Clock is NFL's Dumbest Football Player

Re: It's official: Big Bang Clock is World's Stupidest Football Player

Trying to equate rugby to football is what's BS.

Yeah, it's obvious that a former Rugby player like Nate Ebner can't tackle unless he goes for the knees.

Yeah, it's obvious that a former Rugby player like Nate Ebner can't tackle unless he goes for the knees.

And the straw man makes an appearance!

For such a legal eagle poster, DI, you sure do lean on "alleged' and "suspicion" for these incidents. Nowhere does it say he "beat his girlfriend" as Merriwether stated. Each time, any charge was dropped and he was cleared. In fact, both reporters listed above clearly point out "his name was cleared".

Someone who "beat his girlfriend" doesn't get his name cleared in a court of law. You know better.

Last edited:

For such a legal eagle poster, DI, you sure do lean on "alleged' and "suspicion" for these incidents. Nowhere does it say he "beat his girlfriend" as Merriwether stated. Each time, any charge was dropped and he was cleared. In fact, both reporters listed above clearly point out "his name was cleared".

I'm not leaning on anything. You made a claim about Marshall having a "clear cut case of slander". I simply pointed out that Meriweather would be fine legally. You, apparently with no idea about how slander/libel law works, particularly with public figures, then decided to keep going.

BTW, entering an anger management course in order to get charges dropped is not exoneration.

I'm not leaning on anything. You made a claim about Marshall having a "clear cut case of slander". I simply pointed out that Meriweather would be fine legally. You, apparently with no idea about how slander/libel law works, particularly with public figures, then decided to keep going.

BTW, entering an anger management course in order to get charges dropped is not exoneration.

....and it is also not a statement of guilt that he "beat his girlfriend".

He may have, he may not have. Neither of us knows. And neither does Big Bang Clock - - who made a statement of certitude in the media today.

....and it is also not a statement of guilt that he "beat his girlfriend".

He may have, he may not have. Neither of us knows. And neither does Big Bang Clock - - who made a statement of certitude in the media today.

Again, you don't seem to know slander/libel law, particularly with regards to public figures. Suffice it to say that demonstrating guilt in a court of law is not a requirement to the defense. I'll leave it at.

Sensationalized. What he's trying to say - and we can't say if he's doing a good or bad job about doing so because of selective quoting possibilities - is that in order to avoid hitting people high now players have to go low which he feels is more life-threatening.

He's not saying he wants to end people's careers, he's saying the new rules force him to do so.

Sensationalized. What he's trying to say - and we can't say if he's doing a good or bad job about doing so because of selective quoting possibilities - is that in order to avoid hitting people high now players have to go low which he feels is more life-threatening.

He's not saying he wants to end people's careers, he's saying the new rules force him to do so.

Which is moronic, because the human body is more than just a head and knees.....as Fixit's great pic points out (post #20). As mentioned before, if someone says you cannot be an arsonist, that doesn't mean your only future avenue is to be a bomb maker.

So yes, Meriwether is a moron. You disagree, that's your choice.

BTW, I don't the contention that tackling lower than the head is "more life threatening" - - can you elaborate?

Last edited:
Which is moronic, because the human body is more than just a head and knees.....as Fixit's great pic points out (post #20).

So yes, Meriwether is a moron. You disagree, that's your choice.

Wait, where did I say he's not a moron?

I actually don't agree that hitting in the NFL is a binary equation in terms of destroying a guy's brain or destroying his knees.

But that debate is a far ******* cry from the baldly sensationalized take that his intent is to cripple everyone.

Meriweather is a scumbag. I can't wait until he's banned from the league permanently.

Meriweather is a scumbag. I can't wait until he's banned from the league permanently.

By his actions past and present, it looks like that is his desire also.

“You gotta end people’s careers.“You gotta tear people’s ACLs,” Meriweather continued. “Mess up people’s knees."

Maybe you and I have a different take on those words.

Obviously.

Obviously.

"I certainly don't read what he's saying as a threat to go after player's ACL's, but that it's an inevitable consequence of being forced to tackle low."

You and Brandon Meriwether think it is an "inevitable" consequence. I don't.

If a defensive player is tackling high enough to have to worry about changing his trajectory from the head - - the next closest place is not the KNEES.

That's simple Human Anatomy 101.

Last edited:
"I certainly don't read what he's saying as a threat to go after player's ACL's, but that it's an inevitable consequence of being forced to tackle low."

You and Brandon Meriwether think it is an "inevitable" consequence. I don't.

If a defensive player is tackling high enough to have to worry about changing his trajectory from the head - - the next closest place is not the KNEES.

That's simple Human Anatomy 101.

I was just accepting the difference in our opinions but it appears you wish to continue , I'd counter that:

1. I suspect BMW was exaggerating for effect.

2. The size of a padded football player makes pinpointing specific areas of a body rather difficult. This argument about there being this part of the body between knees and head is all very well but it doesn't completely work. For example, how many times have you seen defenders flagged for a hit to the head when they clearly targeted the upper torso. But the size of the pads and the nature of the impact often results in the head being hit too. As for the lower torso and waist, those are probably the sturdier parts of a person's body and a hit there is no guarantee to bring someone down, particularly in these days where wrapping up to tackle is not the norm. So, you need to hit them in the legs, which as in the chest/head relationship mentioned previously will inevitably hit the knees too.

3. I suspect BMW was exaggerating for effect.

4. To be frank, I couldn't care less about what he said, the guys a moron, but to think he was stating his intention to target other player's acl's just struck me as being too simplistic.

I was just accepting the difference in our opinions but it appears you wish to continue , I'd counter that:

1. I suspect BMW was exaggerating for effect.

2. The size of a padded football player makes pinpointing specific areas of a body rather difficult. This argument about there being this part of the body between knees and head is all very well but it doesn't completely work. For example, how many times have you seen defenders flagged for a hit to the head when they clearly targeted the upper torso. But the size of the pads and the nature of the impact often results in the head being hit too. As for the lower torso and waist, those are probably the sturdier parts of a person's body and a hit there is no guarantee to bring someone down, particularly in these days where wrapping up to tackle is not the norm. So, you need to hit them in the legs, which as in the chest/head relationship mentioned previously will inevitably hit the knees too.

3. I suspect BMW was exaggerating for effect.

4. To be frank, I couldn't care less about what he said, the guys a moron, but to think he was stating his intention to target other player's acl's just struck me as being too simplistic.

Missing from Shmessy's posts is the fact that Meriwether isn't the first player to point out this issue, and also the fact that reporters had noted this as a possible issue prior to B.M.'s comments:

Keller was injured after making a catch when he was hit low by Swearinger. The rookie safety offered Keller best wishes on his Twitter account (@JungleBoi_Swagg). Swearinger also wrote that the blow to Keller’s leg wasn’t designed to hurt him, but he also wanted to avoid a hit to the head area that could draw an NFL fine.

“The rules say you can’t hit high so I went low and I’m sorry that happened,” Swearinger told the Palm Beach Post after Houston’s 24-17 win.

Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller out for season with knee injury, source tells FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Players across the league have expressed mixed feelings about the modified tackling rules. During this preseason Dolphins TE Dustin Keller’s season was ended after he took a direct hit to the knee from Texans safety D.J. Swearinger. In an interview with USA Today, the Falcons’ Tony Gonzalez said, “Hitting a defenseless player in the knee, that’s something we all dread as players. That’s my nightmare. Hit me in my head [instead].”

The Jets’ Kellen Winslow, Jr. echoed Gonzalez’s sentiments via Twitter, “”Here’s my point. “Concussion=missed time pass test your back, Lower Leg injury like DK’s (Dustin Keller) last night=done for season.”

Will The NFL?s Concussion Prevention Actually Lead To More Injuries? | njtoday.net - Everything New Jersey

There's an NFL Rush Zone joke to be made here.

Bears1.png

Missing from Shmessy's posts is the fact that Meriwether isn't the first player to point out this issue, and also the fact that reporters had noted this as a possible issue prior to B.M.'s comments:

I wrote Meriwether is the "dumbest" player - - I never wrote that he is the ONLY dumb player.

Actual teaching of proper tackling technique (not Dr. Meriwether's School of Human Canonball) is what should be taking place.

It isn't an "Either-Or" supposition. Players can be taught to target away from the head or the knees. Is it risk free? No. Nothing ever is. Players are going to get hit in the head and hit in the knees. But Brandon "The Human Airborne Projectile" should be gone.

I live down here. Even diehard Redskins fans are fed up with this idiot and his inability to learn how to tackle. They are even more incensed by his stupid comments today (for a variety of reasons) and WTEM is being flooded by calls at least 10-1 urging the Redskins to cut bait on him now.

Last edited:
I wrote Meriwether is the "dumbest" player - - I never wrote that he is the ONLY dumb player.

Yes, and you then chose to ignore what others had said. The players are right, by the way. For most players, due to average career length, the knee shots are worse than the high hits.

Actual teaching of proper tackling technique (not Dr. Meriwether's School of Human Canonball) is what should be taking place.

That's a red herring, and you know it. We've seen players use textbook tackling form and still get flagged.

It isn't an "Either-Or" supposition.

Of course it is.

Players can be taught to target away from the head or the knees.

Players have to target an area. If you fine for going high, they'll go low. This is what's known as "common sense" and "reality".

Is it risk free? No. Nothing ever is. Players are going to get hit in the head and hit in the knees. But Brandon "The Human Airborne Projectile" should be gone.

And that's just a really silly take.

I live down here. Even diehard Redskins fans are fed up with this idiot and his inability to learn how to tackle. They are even more incensed by his stupid comments today (for a variety of reasons) and WTEM is being flooded by calls at least 10-1 urging the Redskins to cut bait on him now.

Redskins fans are as idiotic and malleable as any other fan base, outside of Jets/Raiders, so why would that come as a surprise to you?

Players have to target an area. If you fine for going high, they'll go low. This is what's known as "common sense" and "reality".

There actually is a big middle area between the two.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back