PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Official: Big Bang Clock is NFL's Dumbest Football Player

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, folks - - I know the NFL is having its annual Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but is it also "Employ The Mentally Incompetent Month" also?

http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/28/brandon-meriweather-illegal-hits-washington-redskins/ Brandon Meriweather intends to go low, tear people’s ACLs and end careers

1) The ACL threat is going to get a reaction from everyone in the league.

2) Brandon Marshall (who was cleared of any wrongdoing) now has a clearcut slander case possible against perhaps the dumbest human being ever to put on a uniform.

Last edited:
I'm assuming he's being sarcastic but he's still an idiot. Maybe someday he'll stop the head hunting.

Re: It's official: Big Bang Clock is World's Stupidest Football Player

He's fine legally on both points, and he's sure as hell not the only person to point out that players are now going to have to go lower and that there will be more leg and knee injuries as a result.

Come on, Shmessy. You weren't one of the fans lamenting his departure, were you? If you were and had your way, then you could be basking in his pearls of wisdom at this very moment.:)

McCourty or Meriweather: it is still a perplexing choice.

He's fine legally on both points, and he's sure as hell not the only person to point out that players are now going to have to go lower and that there will be more leg and knee injuries as a result.

I never knew someone could lodge an unfounded claim in the public media naming someone as a domestic abuser without there being repercussions.

Come on, Shmessy. You weren't one of the fans lamenting his departure, were you? If you were and had your way, then you could be basking in his pearls of wisdom at this very moment.:)

McCourty or Meriweather: it is still a perplexing choice.

LOL. Ummmm.....hell no. :D

However, I was VERY upset when BB let James Sanders go.

Last edited:

That's a BS excuse, for some reason Rugby players tackle just fine without trying to destroy the opposing player's knees.

He's definitely being sarcastic. People are jumping all over him

I never knew someone could lodge an unfounded claim in the public media naming someone as a domestic abuser without there being repercussions.

Do you not know what unfounded means, or are you just choosing to ignore all of his incidents, including those that ended up in police reports with officers saying that they saw him engaging in physical fighting with his girlfriend?

That's a BS excuse, for some reason Rugby players tackle just fine without trying to destroy the opposing player's knees.

Trying to equate rugby to football is what's BS.

I certainly don't read what he's saying as a threat to go after player's ACL's, but that it's an inevitable consequence of being forced to tackle low.

Do you not know what unfounded means, or are you just choosing to ignore all of his incidents, including those that ended up in police reports with officers saying that they saw him engaging in physical fighting with his girlfriend?

Read the article. "That suit was thrown out and his name was cleared".

His name was cleared. Am I missing something there, Deus?

Last edited:

Read the article. "That suit was thrown out and his name was cleared".

Different incident, and a police report is not the same as a trial

His name was cleared. Am I missing something there, Deus?

Yes, including pretty much everything about slander/libel laws, especially as they pertain to celebrities/public figures.

I certainly don't read what he's saying as a threat to go after player's ACL's, but that it's an inevitable consequence of being forced to tackle low.

“You gotta end people’s careers.“You gotta tear people’s ACLs,” Meriweather continued. “Mess up people’s knees."

Maybe you and I have a different take on those words.

Different incident

Really? The SI reporter says it is about THAT incident.
------
"Meriweather said, referencing a civil suit that a former girlfriend filed against Marshall, alleging domestic abuse. That suit was thrown out and Marshall’s name cleared.

Meriweather may not have all the information on that case, because he added: “You tell me who you’d rather have: Somebody who plays aggressive on the field, or somebody who beat up their girlfriend?”

-----

So does Greg Rosenthal at NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...on-meriweather-youve-got-to-tear-peoples-acls

"Meriweather is referring to a civil suit filed a few years ago by Marshall's former girlfriend, which accused him of abusing her. The case was dismissed and Marshall was cleared of any wrongdoing."

Last edited:

Trying to equate rugby to football is what's BS.

I agree with Deus here, having played Rugby and Football, you can't compare them at all.

Poor defenders. If only the human body consisted of more than a head and lower legs, there'd be something to tackle.

Really? The SI reporter says it is about THAT incident.
------
"Meriweather said, referencing a civil suit that a former girlfriend filed against Marshall, alleging domestic abuse. That suit was thrown out and Marshall’s name cleared.

Meriweather may not have all the information on that case, because he added: “You tell me who you’d rather have: Somebody who plays aggressive on the field, or somebody who beat up their girlfriend?”

-----

What other incident is that reporter missing?

You can look it all up. Here are some links:

Miami Dolphins' Brandon Marshall's alleged history of domestic violence - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

Miami Dolphins Brandon Marshall's troubled record - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

Poor defenders. If only the human body consisted of more than a head and lower legs, there'd be something to tackle.

I know! :D

It's like someone telling the arsonist that he cannot do that, it is illegal. So he feels the only other avenue for him is to become a bomb thrower.

How Brandon Meriweather sees the league:

headdetective.jpg

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents