PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's early for this, but if the Bears let Grossman go, i'd like him as a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the same three QB back next year. This coming offseason was the prime time to trade Cassel but with him not improving his trade value, for a variety of reasons, we're best off keeping him and letting him look around as a UFA after 2008; at which time Gutierrez can hopefully replace him as the backup.

yep, didn't think anyone had the sack to agree with me.

I'm convinced there are a few people out there who just don't have the balls to post it on an anonymous internet message board (for whatever reason)

Once again, it's as a BACKUP. not a starter.

the main problem in every negative response in this thread is that you all are assuming there is no room for Rex to improve or play any better on a significantly better team. That's kinda ridiculous you won't even take that into account.

Why is it that when guys like you can't find anyone to agree with them, it's everyone else whose nuts...

I'm convinced there are a few people out there who just don't have the balls to post it on an anonymous internet message board (for whatever reason)

the main problem in every negative response in this thread is that you all are assuming there is no room for Rex to improve or play any better on a significantly better team. That's kinda ridiculous you won't even take that into account.

I am quite bullish on Guttierez, but we also have David Greene on the PS I believe. Rex Grossman is like Dave Wannestadt--he's a QB that you wish upon your enemy.

Grossman isn't going to go anywhere where he doesn't at least have a chance to compete for a starting job. There are enough quarterback coaches and offensive coordinators out there that will think they can fix X, Y, or Z about Grossman to make him a good quarterback.

I thought you just had not had any coffee yet when you started this thread Keegs but I see what you are saying. With BB tutalege he could be capable? I think he does not have the field smarts and quick reaction to avoid mistakes that BB would look for in any QB.

That is interesting but I know if I could stand BB playing Henry Higgins and putting real games at risk. Sacks on Brady would give me a heart attack.

It would be a fun pre-season experiment.

I am quite bullish on Guttierez...

I have been impressed by how quickly he gets rid of the ball. That's a nice instinctive quality for a QB.

Overall, I'm probably not going to spend much time right now thinking about next year's backup QB situation. It's more fun to think about the current season and the starting QB.

riiiight.....Grossman is terrible...he's a terrible starter....he's a terrible back up...he is a terrible QB.

Why is it that when guys like you can't find anyone to agree with them, it's everyone else whose nuts...

I could care less if you people agree with me or not, i just think it's ridiculous that you are all assuming that a QB can't learn from Tom Brady or BB and play better on this team.

I've said many things in the past that people on this board whined about, went crazy over and said i was an idiot. So i could care less who agrees with me. Time and time again i've been right about my ideas and the threads usually get deleted.

I just think people don't have th balls on here to post what they really think.

I have been impressed by how quickly he gets rid of the ball. That's a nice instinctive quality for a QB.

Overall, I'm probably not going to spend much time right now thinking about next year's backup QB situation. It's more fun to think about the current season and the starting QB.

Amazingly all too many here these days seem to be looking past this incredible season which will be history in another 6 or so weeks...sad. I think quite a few of them just need something to biatch, moan or pontificate about and come here for that reason rather than to revel in this team. I think those who revel are the dreaded homers...

i just think it's ridiculous that you are all assuming that a QB can't learn from Tom Brady or BB and play better on this team.

like Rohan Davey or Matt Cassell?

I could care less if you people agree with me or not, i just think it's ridiculous that you are all assuming that a QB can't learn from Tom Brady or BB and play better on this team.

I've said many things in the past that people on this board whined about, went crazy over and said i was an idiot. So i could care less who agrees with me. Time and time again i've been right about my ideas and the threads usually get deleted.

OK, I think a lot of fans who post here are self-absorbed nitwits. How's that for balls...

Let me tell you this if Tom Brady and Bill Belichick can turn Grossman into a good quarterback God can hand over his duties to these two.

Keegs I usually like your ideas.

But not this one, DOH!

well i must say that there are some very informative responses on here.

my favorite being "Grossman Sucks"

Given this organization's emphasis on consistency, Grossman's occasional flashes are brilliance are far outnumbered by the games he throws away.

As for comparing him to Cassel, exactly how can you tell Grossman is better based on Cassel's 39 career attempts? He plays behind the best QB in the NFL (and potentially the history of the NFL), so the fact he has not won the starting position does not really speak to his abilities.

If you watched any number of the Bears games last year in which his rating was between 0 and 50, I do not believe you would even want him in the stands for a Patriots game (let alone on the active roster) out of fear whatever ineptitude he carries might spread to this organization.

Why is everyone so down on Cassel? Seems to me that once he gets in the rhythm of a game he is solid. I'm really not worried about the backup position until Cassel's contract is up.

Does anyone else think that Grossman would be a great backup for this team?

I would bring Vinny back before Grossman. For that matter I might bring Plunkett
back before Grossman. :D

Why would an intelligent coach like BB want a time tested and failed, inept bad QB like Grossperson as a backup?
BB didn't even tolarate Bledsoe's penchant for bad decisions under pressure so he's unlikely to desire the far less talented Gman, yes even as a backup. You can't coach out YEARS of bad habits that run contrary to your offensive coaching philosophy of minimizing mistakes and turnovers that cost you field position, points and games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft