PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"It's a business" blaaaaaaaaaah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoonerPatriot said:
I would also add that the posters who care about the business end do drive me nuts in one area. If anyone expresses even a shred of remorse about losing a favorite player their standard reply is "so you care more about so and so than you do about winning SBs?"
That's a generalization, and an unfair one.

We all have the remorse about losing the player. We all fully recognize what it meant for Vinatieri to hit some of the biggest kicks in NFL history. We all fully recognize that no one stepped up in big games better than Willie McGinest.

Some of us have merely accepted that this is the nature of all professional sports, and the NFL in particular, given the nature of the league and its salary cap. Players come, and they go. And there isn't a damn thing you or I can do about it.

Also, some of us want to see what happens first. This thread might seem pretty silly by this time next week.

Pats67 said:
That's a generalization, and an unfair one.

We all have the remorse about losing the player. We all fully recognize what it meant for Vinatieri to hit some of the biggest kicks in NFL history. We all fully recognize that no one stepped up in big games better than Willie McGinest.

Some of us have merely accepted that this is the nature of all professional sports, and the NFL in particular, given the nature of the league and its salary cap. Players come, and they go. And there isn't a damn thing you or I can do about it.

Also, some of us want to see what happens first. This thread might seem pretty silly by this time next week.

Actully, despite what you might think or choose to believe, there are posters who operate on both sides of the extreme. The ones who don't really get attached to players and don't care who leaves and those who operate on the other side of the spectrum who get hysterical when someone does leave. Then there are those, like myself, who operate in the middle who, both get attached to players like Willie and AV but also understand that though it's painful, sometimes people move on.

Apparently you didn't read, or were unable to comprehend, the previous posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference