PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this really a play-off caliber offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly a playoff calibur offense. If the OL starts playing well, they will be the best offense in the league when Edelman comes back. Seems like a big if tho :(

Yeah. I am still very concerned with that offensive line. They clearly miss solder

Yeah. I am still very concerned with that offensive line. They clearly miss solder
I think they miss Edelman and Lewis more. When Brady had those 2, he was getting rid of the ball insanely fast.

Assuming the defense is reasonably healthy, I'd say its' caliber is right around...

image.jpg

44. ;)

Last edited:
I have to say, we have a championship-caliber defense. Like Mike Reiss said, "[t]his is easily the deepest, most talented and athletic front seven in recent Patriots years." Not to mention, the Patriots secondary is playing like no one expected them to play! :cool:

However, I can't say the same about the rest of the team - and that goes for special teams as well.

Right now, the offense is battling through injuries and inconsistency. The offensive line keeps struggling with consistency against talented pass rushers. Meanwhile, Brady’s weapons keep getting hurt. And the healthy ones keep dropping passes. In a nutshell, Tom Brady is playing about as well as he can as the rest of the offense crumbles around him. But will it be enough to compete and play in the playoffs?

Your thoughts.....

Not today. Ask me again before the first playoff game, and I'm pretty sure my answer will be different.

The best news? This defense is so ****ing good, that it doesn't have to be.

We have Superman, Incredible hulk/king kong and Minitron.

I say we'll be ready...

Yes. #1 in passing yards, #3 in scoring, best record in the AFC. The receiving corps will be complete in one week (Edelman, Gronk, LaFell, Amendola, Chandler) and they have couple of wild cards who could be difference makers in Hankerson and Stephen Jackson.

The OL is complete and has gotten valuable reps for several players who were not experienced at the outset of the season.

The question is, could the Patriots win in a shootout with the Panthers, Cardinals or Steelers? You bet.

If only the playoffs were played on a stat sheet. ;) I do think we are good enough on offense. Assuming Edelman comes back and is ready to go and gronk doesn't get hurt.

So excited we got the bye. My optimism would have been way down if we didn't. As far as if we're good enough to win a shootout, i honestly don't know right now.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. If our defense doesn't show up at all against a team like the steelers come January, i won't feel very good about our chances. We need our defense to slow them down at least a little.

People were asking this last year after

26-21 L to Packers
23-14 W over Chargers
17-16 W over jests

at the end of the season

How'd that turn out?

7ju6mxgTagFna.gif

title should be is this a SB winning caliber offense...and with jules back, the answer is yes

It's a team game. Doesn't matter how you win.

I think if we get to the SB it will be our D that gets us through. I don't see us beating Carolina with this O if we keep having injuries like we are.

Right now, the offense is battling through injuries and inconsistency. The offensive line keeps struggling with consistency against talented pass rushers. Meanwhile, Brady’s weapons keep getting hurt. And the healthy ones keep dropping passes. In a nutshell, Tom Brady is playing about as well as he can as the rest of the offense crumbles around him. But will it be enough to compete and play in the playoffs?

Your thoughts.....

The offense we've been watching the past 5 weeks is not a quality offense. If that were to be the offense this team was stuck with in the playoffs, I'd say that it was a good possibility that we'd see an 'early' Patriots exit.

Fortunately, we're not likely to get this same version of the offense come playoff time.

The offense we've been watching the past 5 weeks is not a quality offense. If that were to be the offense this team was stuck with in the playoffs, I'd say that it was a good possibility that we'd see an 'early' Patriots exit

I'm glad someone happens to agree with me on this.

@IcyPatriot You flagged me with a "disagree." But how am I wrong to question the playoff readiness of the offense, when the Pats only scored two offensive touchdowns against the Titans (neither of which came in the final 40 minutes of the game)?

The offense will be fine as long as we have a healthy Gronkowski and Edelman.

I actually think Jackson can be a monster in 5 games for us.

I'm glad someone happens to agree with me on this.

@IcyPatriot You flagged me with a "disagree." But how am I wrong to question the playoff readiness of the offense, when the Pats only scored two offensive touchdowns against the Titans (neither of which came in the final 40 minutes of the game)?
We scored 33 points against them, which is more than their average allowed. They have a talented defense.

Bucs 14
Bills 14
Falcons 10
Texans 20
Panthers 27
Jaguars 19

These are the points the Titans allowed in to other notable teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe