PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there a rule that players fly back with the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, Drewwho is right: Bill gave all of the players Monday off, and Tuesday is always a day off for them as well. It's my understanding that Brady was not the only one who stayed in Miami -- several of the players were talking about it in the locker room after the game.

smy

Safety?
Maybe you want the players to remain in Foxboro for the entire season. With armed body guards. How is flying back with the team any more or less safe than flying back on your own?

Team Unity?
This team is clicking on all cylinders. It doesn't need more team unity. Spending an extra 2 hours together isn't going to help anything.

Who cares what Brady does on his off day -- whether its in Miami, Boston, NY, or Egypt.

Let the guy have fun for a day out of the week.

I'd stay in Miami too for an extra 2 days if given the chance.

The OP is ridiculous.

Last edited:
If you think the veterans and rookies on that team are treated the same you are in fantasy land.

That's why these "letter of the law" coaches so often fail. Veterans that earn their stripes get privileges.

Of course guys that are out of control like LT make it difficult for coaches and when players act like the rules don't apply to them. There isn't a player that doesn't respect Brady and Belichick and they treat the players with respect.

Except for rookies.:D

I wouldn't be surprised if BB gave everyone the extra day off, but that most of the defense probably came back to put in some extra work! Based on interviews with Rodney, Tedy, Jarvis and Vince, they are aware that their D has much to improve on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm ... open wide Giselle?
gisele-bundchen-tom-bikini.jpg

If he gave players the day off it's a little different. Very different.

Otherwise you'd expect, or I'd expect, the coach to treat the players the same. Not in as far as motivational tactics, but rules. Not "everyone has to do this, except Brady". That would breed resentment.

As far as the chick, I don't know. Maybe she's all that in modeling circles but she looks a little plain and skinny. I know, I know, I should be so lucky. I wouldn't be, that's not the point. Why get this high priced Ferrari which is kind of plain looking when there are Porsches and BMWs galore all around you?

Lucky guy though.

In this case, Drewwho is right: Bill gave all of the players Monday off, and Tuesday is always a day off for them as well. It's my understanding that Brady was not the only one who stayed in Miami -- several of the players were talking about it in the locker room after the game.

smy

I am SO glad you post here. Please do so whenever possible!

Honestly, i just think players should stay with the team. As much as I like Brady he should not get special treatment.

First of all, i don't know why we're supposed to care about this, but I believe that each team has its own rules about what the players do on an off day after a game, as long as they get to where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there for the next scheduled practice. There's a team plane and there's also the possibility of other transportation for those who want to spend the bucks. In the case of Tom and Giselle I doubt it was a commercial flight.

Why do we care?

If you think the veterans and rookies on that team are treated the same you are in fantasy land.

That's why these "letter of the law" coaches so often fail. Veterans that earn their stripes get privileges.

Of course guys that are out of control like LT make it difficult for coaches and when players act like the rules don't apply to them. There isn't a player that doesn't respect Brady and Belichick and they treat the players with respect.

Except for rookies.:D

i think you're wrong. the team had monday off and could stay in Miami if they wanted or could fly back if they wanted. they also get tuesday off every week, as far as I know. i also doubt very much that TB gets or wants special treatment other than the location of his locker and the parking space that he earns in the offseason by being a workout demon.

i think you're wrong. the team had monday off and could stay in Miami if they wanted or could fly back if they wanted. they also get tuesday off every week, as far as I know. i also doubt very much that TB gets or wants special treatment other than the location of his locker and the parking space that he earns in the offseason by being a workout demon.

I think Ms. Young factually answered the question a few posts ago.

Late in the 4th Quarter...

BB : We need you back in the game... Cassel sucks.

TB : Okay... but I get to stay overnight in Miami, lay by the pool at the swankiest hotel in town and bang Gisele until Tuesday morning.

BB : Deal.

ROLF.:rofl:

Not all of them are sought out by the paparazzi so Brady got the face time.

I'm with you here. The whole premise of this thread seems to be that Brady and Brady alone got to stay behind because he's a Big Star, and Big Stars get treated differently. But there's absolutely no reason to believe this actually happened! Some of the other players actually live in Miami (Stallworth for one), I imagine they took the extra day too.

[edit: just saw this was cleared up above, thanks smyoung!]

Hell ya I am jealous. LOl!I love Brady.I just think a team should fly back together.Those are not even the pictures I saw. Thanks for posting them thou.
if i was his coach and he threw 6 touchdowns id let him stay

What about the other pictures on that site? How about this one? I think my avatar is even checking it out.
gisele-bundchen-tom-bikini-1022-41.jpg

Insert sound of Homer Simpson going "Aaaauuuugggghhhhhhhh". :D

Last edited:
I was just asking if the team makes the players fly back together. For those who answered my question thanks. I did not know others stayed also. That makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back