PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is >>RUNNING<< Back a priority for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get a 1,000 yard back in the middle of the draft

BB just seems to devalue the RB position, the fact that Lewis was even close to as insanely good as he was for us is incredible, thats BB being lucky, not good, and thats rare that anyone should say that.

Lewis has gone through enough to make me honestly believe that next year, given the chance, he'll be just as good as he was this year, but we need a guy who is fresh. BB has to see that. Blount is one of the best closers in the NFL, give him time to beat down a beaten defense and he's a stud, force him to win and he's nothing.

We need a guy who can hit holes decisively like Ridley and with his acceleration and balance on early downs, Lewis, and a Blount type finisher. We have two of the 3 for next year, the first guy shouldnt be too hard to find given the other two on the roster,

It's kind of sad that we're still one of the best, if not THE best offense in the NFL, and we're still thinking about critical needs. And this is further proof that Brady is the GOAT. No team can ever need as much as we do and still be the best offense in the league. That's how good Brady is, we're truly blessed whether you believe in that type of thing or not.
Every team always has critical needs. It the nature of the salary cap parity beast. The fact is, the Pats have FEWER critical needs than just about any team in the league.

Guess you weren't a Barry Sanders fan.
I wasn't. The Pats always seemed able to handle him, and they sucked most of the time back then.

Bring in Beast Mode!!!! He already has the not talking to the media part down. Couple him with Lewis and you're good to go.

I wasn't. The Pats always seemed able to handle him, and they sucked most of the time back then.

That's pretty odd. He played against us twice, here are his statlines from those games:

32-148-0.
18-131-2.

Not sure if I'd call that handling him. ;)

Bring in Beast Mode!!!! He already has the not talking to the media part down. Couple him with Lewis and you're good to go.

Idk about that, he'll be 30 next year.

That's pretty odd. He played against us twice, here are his statlines from those games:

32-148-0.
18-131-2.

Not sure if I'd call that handling him. ;)
Yeah, you're right. I think I was confusing him with Marshall Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST