PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Caldwell done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaffney is more reliable. He showed it in the playoffs.. What part of that don't you understand?

Gaffney played better than Caldwell in every single playoff game this past season.

You claim Caldwell played better in Indy. He had 1 more catch and 9 more yards than Gaffney. But Caldwell had those 2 horrific drops. Everyone knows Gaffney played better that game, as he did for all their playoff games.

You are trying your best to manipulate the facts and make it appear that Caldwell outperformed Gaffney in Indy b/c of 1 more catch and 9 more yards and that simply is not true.

Why can't you just admit that Gaffney is a better receiver when it matters the most? (playoff time)

I think the main problem here is that you cannot stand me being right, and you being wrong.:singing:

You dug yourself in a hole trying to Defend Reche and now you are doing whatever you can but the whole is just getting deeper. You put up a great effort but the facts speak for themselves.

(hmmm what will be your next pathetic response......ohh lemme guess... itll be the "keegs has always been a moron" argument.. well, im waiting:) )
Gaffney was better in three games? Caldwell was better in 16.

Gaffney was better in three games? Caldwell was better in 16.

Once again, that point is irrelevant.

My argument is based on the postseason.

It's a shame i have to keep saying that.

Remember this.... Jermaine Wiggins had a great post season in our first Super Bowl run. He caught ten passes in the Snow Bowl and 2 TDs in the Super Bowl. The Pats made no effort to retain him. In fact, he was rather upset the Pats didn't try to keep him since he is from East Boston.

So I don't think the Pats are going to be swayed by postseason performances vs. overall performances. That is why I don't think the fact Caldwell dropped two balls or Gaffney had a great postseason is going to affect how the Pats approach the position going into camp.

Once again, that point is irrelevant.

My argument is based on the postseason.

It's a shame i have to keep saying that.
Oho!

So your saying we should cut him because of two drops? Who worked his ass off and was productive during the regular season? CALDWELL.

Who got us into the AFC Title game? CALDWELL. Not Gaffney.

Who had 7 catches less than his game against the Chargers? Gaffney.

Remember this.... Jermaine Wiggins had a great post season in our first Super Bowl run. He caught ten passes in the Snow Bowl and 2 TDs in the Super Bowl. The Pats made no effort to retain him. In fact, he was rather upset the Pats didn't try to keep him since he is from East Boston.

So I don't think the Pats are going to be swayed by postseason performances vs. overall performances. That is why I don't think the fact Caldwell dropped two balls or Gaffney had a great postseason is going to affect how the Pats approach the position going into camp.

That was the example I was about to bring up. Another would be JR Redmond who was excellent in the 2001 playoffs.

Judging players based only on their last three games is foolhardly.

You guys keep repeating yourselves.
If it's not stats that i didn't ask for, you bring up his catch in San Diego (a fairly easy one), or you compare him to TOM BRADY. What a slap in the face of Brady.

Caldwell CHOKED. Brady has proved he is clutch time and time again.

Brady has a history of making huge plays when he needs to.
Caldwell does not have this history.

When Caldwell was called upon to make a big play he dropped the ball, literally. Not once, but twice.

In San Diego Tom threw a PERFECT ball, all Reche had to do was catch it. Most NFL receivers would have.

I can tell you Caldwell Nut-Huggers know you are wrong, considering how you respond within seconds and then try to compare him to Brady. Which is a HUGE insult to Tom. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I don't know if this has been said, but Keegs, you're a ******* moron.

Even if what you say is true, that a lot of receivers could make that catch in San Diego, that's only looking at half of the play. Caldwell also had to get open. Caldwell had to do a good deal to even warrant the throw by Brady, and he did it all, including making such a difficult catch look like your "75 year old grandmother could have done it."

That isn't even where I get most disgusted with your twisted, irrational reasoning. How is it that Brady gets all the credit for the play in San Diego because he threw the pass, while the play in Indy that Caldwell dropped (despite also being thrown by Brady) is all Caldwell's fault? You don't think Brady panicked when he realized he was letting a golden opportunity slip? You don't think his throw was hurried and imperfect? Brady ****ed up on that play, too, ya know. Maybe he isn't as situationally aware as we thought he was. Maybe he choked by failing to snap the ball earlier. Maybe, based on his recent history (Denver, Indy [2x], San Diego), Brady can't be trusted either.

By no means am I trying to absolve Caldwell of any blame, but a pass reception is dependent on two people, and there are two parts to the equation. You just seem to ignore one of them when it suits your argument.

You are a ****** moron.

Last edited:
Why can't you just admit that Gaffney is a better receiver when it matters the most? (playoff time)

Gaffney had better stats than Caldwell in the January 2007 postseason, and trying to conclude or extrapolate anything else - as you have done - will and has made you look moronic.

I would like to be the first to say this but I am probably not and I cannot be arsed to go through the 47 pages on this thread to verify it: I cannot believe this thread has generated 467 replies. Two more weeks and it's right up there with the best cheerleader thread. Who'd have thought Reche Caldwell could generate similar emotions to the cheerleaders.

Not me. I spent the first weeks of the season - until the PAts were live in the UK - believing his name was pronounced Reach.

That said, here is my $0.02 worth. I thought Caldwell did a great job for us in 2006 given his limitations and the difficult circumstances he came into. I think the guy has a lot of heart and I hope he makes our team next year.

I would like to be the first to say this but I am probably not and I cannot be arsed to go through the 47 pages on this thread to verify it: I cannot believe this thread has generated 467 replies. Two more weeks and it's right up there with the best cheerleader thread. Who'd have thought Reche Caldwell could generate similar emotions to the cheerleaders.

Not me. I spent the first weeks of the season - until the PAts were live in the UK - believing his name was pronounced Reach.

That said, here is my $0.02 worth. I thought Caldwell did a great job for us in 2006 given his limitations and the difficult circumstances he came into. I think the guy has a lot of heart and I hope he makes our team next year.

Agreed.

By the way, if you want to cut the thread down to 11 pages, change the posts/page setting in the User CP to 40 posts/page.

I don't know if this has been said, but Keegs, you're a ******* moron.

Even if what you say is true, that a lot of receivers could make that catch in San Diego, that's only looking at half of the play. Caldwell also had to get open. Caldwell had to do a good deal to even warrant the throw by Brady, and he did it all, including making such a difficult catch look like your "75 year old grandmother could have done it."

That isn't even where I get most disgusted with your twisted, irrational reasoning. How is it that Brady gets all the credit for the play in San Diego because he threw the pass, while the play in Indy that Caldwell dropped (despite also being thrown by Brady) is all Caldwell's fault? You don't think Brady panicked when he realized he was letting a golden opportunity slip? You don't think his throw was hurried and imperfect? Brady ****ed up on that play, too, ya know. Maybe he isn't as situationally aware as we thought he was. Maybe he choked by failing to snap the ball earlier. Maybe, based on his recent history (Denver, Indy [2x], San Diego), Brady can't be trusted either.

By no means am I trying to absolve Caldwell of any blame, but a pass reception is dependent on two people, and there are two parts to the equation. You just seem to ignore one of them when it suits your argument.

You are a ****** moron.
You speak for the forum.

I'd rather have Patten anyday... no question about that.

No way. Patten became a worse butterfingers in his last season with the Pats than Ben Watson was last year.

Patten fell so far on the Pats depth chart that he saw a total of 4 passes thrown to him the entire play-offs in 2004.

No way I'd rather have Patten.

No way. Patten became a worse butterfingers in his last season with the Pats than Ben Watson was last year.

Patten fell so far on the Pats depth chart that he saw a total of 4 passes thrown to him the entire play-offs in 2004.

No way I'd rather have Patten.

Butterfingers... possibly. Bugeyes was no prized pig himself though...

Butterfingers... possibly. Bugeyes was no prized pig himself though...

Guess you really don't follow things.
Patten had 8 drops on 95 targets. He only had 44 receptions though.

During the regular season, Caldwell had 1 drop on 102 targets. He had 61 receptions.

Not too hard to see the difference.

Caldwell is better than Patten was in 2004. Or in 2006. That's all you should care about.

smiley48.gif
meds.gif
violin4qi3.gif

Readers Digest version of this thread.

During the regular season, Caldwell had 1 drop on 102 targets. He had 61 receptions.

Caldwell is better than Patten was in 2004. Or in 2006. That's all you should care about.

OK. I'll have to do the quote that Jim Mora Sr. said so famously.

Playoffs?!?!?

OK. I'll have to do the quote that Jim Mora Sr. said so famously.

Playoffs?!?!?

Actually, I don't think that Patten is very good.

BUT...

I think you know how I feel about Eyes Wide Shut...

Actually, I don't think that Patten is very good.

BUT...

I think you know how I feel about Eyes Wide Shut...

I'm just happy that there is more realistic competition on the wide out position.

If Caldwell is the 1#, then the team isn't very good.

I should have changed Patten to Branch.

Not too hard to see the difference.

When Patten was here there also was 3 other great recivers on the team. This season there was only Caldwell to throw too. Caldwell was a number one, Patten was a number 3 behind Branch and Givens.

When Patten was here there also was 3 other great recivers on the team. This season there was only Caldwell to throw too. Caldwell was a number one, Patten was a number 3 behind Branch and Givens.

When did Givens morph into a great receiver? Heck, for that matter, when did Branch morph into a great receiver?

Which means that Caldwell faced far tighter coverages than Patten ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back